Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Deadland Ritual - Geezers new supergroup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sellingmysoul View Post
    Hopefully they play some gigs in the Northeast OzzyIsDio, We will have to meet up.
    That would be great Sellingmysoul.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

"Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

New video uploaded today^^^

Comment

Not my thing.

Comment

I like this. I am glad Geezer surrounded himself with some new musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
              Not my thing.
              Kinda disappointed too to be honest. The pedigree in that band I kind of expected something better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

YAWN!

Comment

I don't know why but it's just not there for me. Disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                    Not my thing.
                    Really?

Sounds 80s Sabbath as hell to me, thought you'd love it.
                    I'm pleasantly surprised, didn't HATE the vocals, Geezer bass line is prominent and addictive and that's got to be the best drumming from Sorum I've ever heard.

Would think anybody that liked Hughes and Martin era Sabbath would lap this up

Comment

I kinda like it. It sounds very mainstream rock. Like a song that would be popular on rock radio. If I didn't know it was Geezer, it would not have captured my attention too much.

Comment

Very uneven, don't care for the vocals. Geezer's solid, so is Sorum. It's got some good parts, but as I said, too uneven.
                        http://struggle021hc.bandcamp.com
                        http://www.facebook.com/struggle021hc
                        http://pike.bandcamp.com
                        http://www.facebook.com/PikeSweden
                        http://www.facebook.com/DeathValleyRecords

Comment

Yeah. It is quite good.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
                            Really?

I'm pleasantly surprised, didn't HATE the vocals, Geezer bass line is prominent and addictive and that's got to be the best drumming from Sorum I've ever heard.

Totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
                              Really?

Didn’t mind the vocals either, Martin and Hughes era Sabbath is different, I love Ozzy, Dio and Gillan era Sabbath, like Hughes and Martin era Sabbath.

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
                                What do you think of the two samples Requiem? I’m not sure what to think honestly. The band on paper is killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Sorry I never replied to your post Maestro!

My fears are more or less confirmed, and it feels like a fairly unexciting package. It just goes to show, I guess, that you can have a great line-up come together but without that x-factor it just won't work.

I think the singer is partly to blame here. He's fine and everything but just doesn't really carry the project. Unfortunately, with the history of rock and metal behind us, the bar is set pretty high for great vocalists, and it's hard to be impressed by a "just pretty good" type of guy.

This is sort of how I feel about Jake E Lee's current band as well. Vocals are ok but hardly life-changing.

Edit: Ok, the singer isn't too bad, but the songs themselves just don't pop. They need a harder edge maybe. They need to be a bit more metal. Radio rock, like the current Slash solo stuff, is ok but just too weak to have any greater meaning.
                                Last edited by Requiem; 06-16-2019, 02:17 AM. Reason: Too harsh on the singer

Comment

Working...
                                X