Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Ozzy's portrayal in The Dirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozzy's portrayal in The Dirt

Has anyone watched the Mötley Crüe movie on Netflix called The Dirt?

I just found out an actor named Tony Cavalero portrays Ozzy in the movie. His scene is the infamous snorting ants story. Did Tony Cavalero make a good Ozzy?

I plan on watching it, I’ve heard it’s pretty graphic.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

I saw Lords Of Chaos, not bad and not good, somewhere in the middle.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Yeah, I thought he did pretty good. Short and sweet.
        http://struggle021hc.bandcamp.com
        http://www.facebook.com/struggle021hc
        http://pike.bandcamp.com
        http://www.facebook.com/PikeSweden
        http://www.facebook.com/DeathValleyRecords

Comment

You really get a STRONG sense of Dio's feelings about Ozzy being an "Animal" and you also get the feeling that it's not over-acting or hyper dramatized.

In other words, it seems like a very real thing that happened. It strikes you as real and revolting. That's also a remark on how well the actor did playing Ozzy. There was almost no
          double-take. He stumbles into the scene and you go "Ozzy." without question.

Ozzy was a very disgusting, filthy human being.

Comment

Originally posted by Ala View Post
            Originally posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
            You really get a STRONG sense of Dio's feelings about Ozzy being an "Animal" and you also get the feeling that it's not over-acting or hyper dramatized.

In other words, it seems like a very real thing that happened. It strikes you as real and revolting. That's also a remark on how well the actor did playing Ozzy. There was almost no
            double-take. He stumbles into the scene and you go "Ozzy." without question.

Ozzy was a very disgusting, filthy human being.
            Awesome!! Thanks for the feedback. Might have to check it out then.

Comment

Originally posted by Ala View Post
              He portrayed Ozzy with what I can only call a "London accent" which seemed strange as he's from Birmingham.

Whenever I watch US actors doing an English accent they seem to default to some kind of mockney thing, is it because of Mick Jagger?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbath68 View Post
                He portrayed Ozzy with what I can only call a "London accent" which seemed strange as he's from Birmingham.

Whenever I watch US actors doing an English accent they seem to default to some kind of mockney thing, is it because of Mick Jagger?
                I didn't notice anything funny about the accent, I was just too caught up in how the actor really seemed to nail Ozzy's character. He's the guy who plays the teacher in the kids television version of School of Rock and my children watch it all the time, so I was really looking forward to seeing how Ozzy would be portrayed.

I was hoping his scene would be a bit longer than it was, because it was really just a quick couple of minutes, but I nevertheless really enjoyed it. My friends and I still occasionally mention how on the money it was. If Netflix (or anyone else) decides to make an Ozzy Osbourne movie (which I'm sure Sharon is already making plans for....) then I hope they use the same guy - London accent notwithstanding.

Great movie too, by the way, 'The Dirt'. Goofy and dumb just like Motley Crue, but it a good way. As a Motley Crue fan I definitely enjoyed it.

Comment

I look forward to seeing it, I was Motley Crue fan way back in the day, for only their first two albums.

Comment

Working...
                  X