No announcement yet.

Ozzy postpones all 2019 shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got a new date for the show here in Sweden. February 22nd 2020, one year to the day since the original concert was supposed to take place. Finally some good news!
    you got a killer scene there, man...

http://10000years.bandcamp.com
    http://www.facebook.com/TenThousandyrs
    http://www.facebook.com/DVRSweden

Comment

Originally posted by Ala View Post
      Finally got a new date for the show here in Sweden. February 22nd 2020, one year to the day since the original concert was supposed to take place. Finally some good news!
      Feels like an eternity away. Fingers crossed Ozzy can keep his health in order and get the job done.

Somehow I fear any chance of a Melbourne show is now over, and that's the ultimate sin!

Comment

Here's an update re. Ozzy's recovery:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ozz...go-by-january/

Given what's happened to him, only time will tell if he'll be ready to resume touring next year.

Ted

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post

Ozzy seems to have been close to even death when he fell and hurt himself - all those metal braces got loose, the neck injury...a close call indeed!

I believe and trust that Ozzy will recover in time for the rescheduled dates, he's made of some toughest bones and a heart of steel!

May God bless him...and fully save him all the way to home one day.

Ozzy
          "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

I think Ozzy's days of touring are over.

Comment

He's not quite dead!

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post

Given what's happened to him, only time will tell if he'll be ready to resume touring next year.

Ted
                He's got 5 months to work up to doing 90-minute gigs, with maybe a month of rehearsals needed before that. Sounds like a very tall order from where he's at.

I would think people who've already bought tickets would be ok with him performing in a wheelchair as long as they get to see him. It's not like he's been moving around the stage much in recent years.

I wonder what he's gonna do with himself once performing is definitely out of the question. He mentions working on songs to fill time, so maybe new music is more of a possibility now.

Comment

The guy's a legend amongst legends, why even bother risking it?

There's nothing left to prove...except maybe that he can still make a good album.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
                    The guy's a legend amongst legends, why even bother risking it?

There's nothing left to prove...except maybe that he can still make a good album.
                    Ozzy should've called it a day as a solo artist the minute he rejoined Black Sabbath. Just saying. ...

Comment

Originally posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post
                      Ozzy should've called it a day as a solo artist the minute he rejoined Black Sabbath. Just saying. ...
                      I agree to an extent- I certainly had and have no interest in seeing his solo live show these days but no reason he couldn't put out studio albums or stuff from the vault.

Unfortunately they (Ozzy and his management) don't want to put out albums because there's no money in it.

You'd think they could part with a couple of hundred grand for the fans they love so much...

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
                        I agree to an extent- I certainly had and have no interest in seeing his solo live show these days but no reason he couldn't put out studio albums or stuff from the vault.

Unfortunately they (Ozzy and his management) don't want to put out albums because there's no money in it.

You'd think they could part with a couple of hundred grand for the fans they love so much...
                        I was hoping for a new Ozzy album, but after this I don't have much hope, I'm honestly thinking Ozzy won't even be able to resume touring.
                        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Here's another update re. Ozzy:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/oz...daughter-says/

Ted

Comment

Considering all that Ozzy has been through in his lifetime (much of it self-inflicted), as well as being 70 years old, I think it should come as no surprise that he's going to wind things down, and one day stop, from everything - live gigs, recording, everything. I think he has earned it.
                            He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

Originally posted by DiosSword View Post
                              Considering all that Ozzy has been through in his lifetime (much of it self-inflicted), as well as being 70 years old, I think it should come as no surprise that he's going to wind things down, and one day stop, from everything - live gigs, recording, everything. I think he has earned it.
                              I’m surprised the Sabs haven’t been knighted yet, it’s long overdue.
                              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                                Iím surprised the Sabs havenít been knighted yet, itís long overdue.
                                The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire is a British order of chivalry, rewarding contributions to the arts and sciences, work with charitable and welfare organisations, and public service outside the civil service.

Well they all have contributed to the arts and some comprehensive public service for the past 50 years, during which the sovereign has been the very same, so at least CBE would be deserved...plus Tony at least has contributed to work of charity as well, so he could be a KBE...
                                "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Working...
                                X