Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Dio's music videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dio's music videos

RHINO Entertainment has been re-releasing Dio's music videos on Youtube. Here's the list if anyone wants to watch/listen.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...0865D6A14B991A

Originally posted by Dante_Doomsday View Post
    RHINO Entertainment has been re-releasing Dio's music videos on Youtube. Here's the list if anyone wants to watch/listen.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...0865D6A14B991A
    Thank you Dante for the info.

Is this a sign for something being released, perhaps?

IRON-MaN mentioned in another thread that possibly Live Evil will be released, he didnít specifically mention Live Evil, but Iím taking itís that one.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

If there's one thing that Ronnie got wrong in the 80s, it was his "vision" for the Dio videos. Frankly, they make me cringe.

That said, I guess I'd take the videos over a hologram to keep Dio's music alive. But I digress.

R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post
        If there's one thing that Ronnie got wrong in the 80s, it was his "vision" for the Dio videos. Frankly, they make me cringe.

That said, I guess I'd take the videos over a hologram to keep Dio's music alive. But I digress.

R.I.P.
        lol, whatever happened to the Dio Hologram?
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Originally posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post

R.I.P.
          I get it.

At the time I thought the video for "Mystery" was very limp (dancing girls? Really, Ronnie?), but I didn't much like the song itself (and he didn't either, from what I read).

I'd really be up for the long-lost Live Evil vid being released.
          He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

Originally posted by DiosSword View Post
            I get it.

At the time I thought the video for "Mystery" was very limp (dancing girls? Really, Ronnie?), but I didn't much like the song itself (and he didn't either, from what I read).

Never really cared much for videos except for when I was pre teen and videos were the big deal.

Mystery is one my favorite songs on the album, good song.

Live Evil concert would be the best Sabbath thing to come out right now, long awaited.
            Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 08-03-2019, 08:45 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
              Live Evil concert would be the best Sabbath thing to come out right now, long awaited.
              Agreed. I've wanted to see that ever since I heard RJD say on the album that they were filming that gig.
              He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

Agreed. I've wanted to see that ever since I heard RJD say on the album that they were filming that gig.
                Me too, how great would that be! Finally we would get to see it, I'm hoping it's true.

Comment

I get it.

That's because 'Mystery' is 'The Last in Line' version of 'Rainbow in the Dark', and he didn't like that either. I happen to love both of those songs though. I really like the poppy vibe.

The video for 'Mystery' is pretty cool I think, especially for 84. I enjoy very much the dancing girls, who are more pagan princesses than strippers; however, I would say that the Chinese guy blowing the cards into feathers then looking at the camera is more corny than cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                    That's because 'Mystery' is 'The Last in Line' version of 'Rainbow in the Dark', and he didn't like that either. I happen to love both of those songs though. I really like the poppy vibe.

The video for 'Mystery' is pretty cool I think, especially for 84. I enjoy very much the dancing girls, who are more pagan princesses than strippers; however, I would say that the Chinese guy blowing the cards into feathers then looking at the camera is more corny than cool.
                    I've always felt The Last In Line was the better album, I like Holy Diver a lot, but That Last In Line I feel is heavier.

Comment

Anyone find it weird that Dio had no videos after the 80s? I think Push from Killing The Dragon has a video, but nothing from Strange Highways, Angry Machines, Magica or Master of The Moon.

I did read somewhere that a video exists for Institutional Man, but I don’t know how true that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Towelie View Post
                        Anyone find it weird that Dio had no videos after the 80s? I think Push from Killing The Dragon has a video, but nothing from Strange Highways, Angry Machines, Magica or Master of The Moon.
                        Hey Angel and Wild One had music videos. Those were from the 1990 album Lock Up The Wolves. But yeah, it's a little strange his music video production became non-existent from 1991 until 2002, except with Black Sabbath in 1992 (TV Crimes had a music video). Maybe he got tired of them, didn't see the point in them, wanted to focus on making music he wanted instead of music that would make a good video. Who knows?

Comment

Working...
                        X