Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Tony's Turn to release music?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tony's Turn to release music?

    We have Geezer working with his new band, Bill releasing random songs and a new Ozzy album. But what is next for Mr.Iommi??

  • #2
    Isn't he working on remixing Forbidden? But yea new music from the riff master would be appreciated.
    ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
    and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

    Comment


    • #3
      I believe it was over a year ago he said he'd be heading to England in Winter to record a new album. I'm guessing that never happened.

      Comment


      • #4
        I would love a album with different singers again.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by sellingmysoul View Post
          I would love a album with different singers again.
          I was hoping for an album with the two Tony's, even if it's not titled Black Sabbath, don't know if Tony can even use the name anymore.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
          ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

          Comment


          • #6
            Anything from him would be amazing.
            I was just listening to The Devil You Know, surprised it's been 10 years.

            Some guitar melodies are really good.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Viruz View Post
              Anything from him would be amazing.
              I was just listening to The Devil You Know, surprised it's been 10 years.

              Some guitar melodies are really good.
              I listened to it the other day, and I enjoyed as much as I did the first time I heard, great album and it gets regular spins.
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

              Comment


              • #8
                I did the first time for you

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have a great feeling that 2020 will be the year we finally get Mr. Iommi’s long overdue remix of Forbidden. I love this album and can not wait to hear what he does with it. It’s also the last album with Cozy and Geoff Nicholls. This is a special one folks


                  Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by maestro View Post
                    I have a great feeling that 2020 will be the year we finally get Mr. Iommi’s long overdue remix of Forbidden. I love this album and can not wait to hear what he does with it. It’s also the last album with Cozy and Geoff Nicholls. This is a special one folks


                    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    You and me both brother!!!!
                    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by maestro View Post
                      I have a great feeling that 2020 will be the year we finally get Mr. Iommi’s long overdue remix of Forbidden. I love this album and can not wait to hear what he does with it. It’s also the last album with Cozy and Geoff Nicholls. This is a special one folks


                      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      What exactly is Tony going to be doing to Forbidden? Is he re-recording it from scratch, using the original masters? Or just mixing it differently?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Towelie View Post
                        What exactly is Tony going to be doing to Forbidden? Is he re-recording it from scratch, using the original masters? Or just mixing it differently?
                        The way i understand it is he is going to pull up individual tracks from the masters and remix them with his Engineer Mike Exeter who is also a member here. If I’m wrong on anything here please correct me folks.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by maestro View Post
                          The way i understand it is he is going to pull up individual tracks from the masters and remix them with his Engineer Mike Exeter who is also a member here. If I’m wrong on anything here please correct me folks.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I know it's a pipedream, but I'd love it if he gave Tony Martin a call and they re-recorded a few tracks. I love most of Forbidden as is, but some of Martin's vocal mannerisms are a bit dated (oddly more so than on Cross Purposes).

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Towelie View Post
                            I know it's a pipedream, but I'd love it if he gave Tony Martin a call and they re-recorded a few tracks. I love most of Forbidden as is, but some of Martin's vocal mannerisms are a bit dated (oddly more so than on Cross Purposes).
                            That's my thing Towelie, if Tony does record new music or an album, I'd like for it to be with Martin, or a single singer, I'm not crazy about multiple singers on one album.

                            I always thought Michael Stipe or Billy Corgan would make a good album with Tony, I'll probably get flamed for these remarks, but it's how I feel.
                            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                              That's my thing Towelie, if Tony does record new music or an album, I'd like for it to be with Martin, or a single singer, I'm not crazy about multiple singers on one album.

                              I always thought Michael Stipe or Billy Corgan would make a good album with Tony, I'll probably get flamed for these remarks, but it's how I feel.
                              Not at all brother. Billy Corgan’s song on Iommi’s solo Album is amazing. Reminds me of “Sabbath Bloody Sabbath” for some reason. Like a modern take on it. And that ending, that jam was like a that jam at the end of “Symptom Of The Universe” I love your choice man. And I like the song he did with Skin. “Meat”. I liked that a lot also. But yeah. Billy Corgan doing a solo album with Tony would be my choice too


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X