Announcement

Collapse

Google Ads Question

Hey gang. I just posted something asking about Google Ads on my website. I'd like people's input (and help possibly) on this. Please go over here and have a read:

https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/for...ads#post645883

--- Joe
See more
See less

Ozzy’s Scream - better than it’s given credit for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    1.) Let Me Hear You Scream
    2.) Life Won't Wait
    3.) I Want It More
    4.) Soul Sucker
    5.) Time

Love the entire album but listed those as my top 5.
    Nice picks. Although Soul Sucker has always been my least favourite of the main album.

Comment

Originally posted by Towelie View Post
      Nice picks. Although Soul Sucker has always been my least favourite of the main album.
      Towelie thank you for not being a negative Nelly, if I’m not mistaken Soul Sucker was suppose to be the name of the album instead of Scream.
      Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 11-19-2019, 12:26 PM.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Calling out a song for being non-personal is a bit of a pretentious reason for not liking something. There are thousands of great non-personal songs. LMHYS was written to be a fun, crowd-pleaser type song and it succeeds in being just that. If you want something more personal, Life Won't Wait and Time both hit the mark as far as that's concerned.

Not to imply I just hate songs that aren't super deep and personal, but was mostly comparing a mindless song (that's basically about nothing) to the poppy/Nu Metal style that it's a part of. Mindless lyrics put to mindless music. Remembering Scream by that song only, of course, isn't fair, as the album has a little more depth to offer than just that. However, it is a good example of where Ozzy was creatively at the time.

Comment

Towline thank you for not being a negative Nelly, if I’m not mistaken Soul Sucker was suppose to be the name of the album instead of Scream.
          What do you prefer out of Scream or Black Rain?

Comment

What do you prefer out of Scream or Black Rain?

I would have to say slightly Black Rain, it’s kind of a tie.

Sorry for misspelling your username Towelie, my phone autocorrected.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Nothing beats the first 3 Ozzy solo albums to me. All the rest of his albums have a song here and there i like but i dont find myself listening to them really. I never get sick of the Randy Rhodes era stuff plus Bark at the Moon (I got into Ozzy around the time BTM came out, so it holds a special place for me). Diary of a Madman was the first Ozzy album i ever listened to (The cover drew me to it, had me curious what it was), with Little Dolls being the first Ozzy song i heard, and it blew me away from that moment.

Comment

Scream is no Diary for sure, but I'll also stick up for it. I quite like about half of it and feel lukewarm about the rest. Love Gus G's playing on it and I was hoping Ozzy would keep him around for at least one more album. Zakk's squealing has more than run its course.

I get that LMHYS has kind of a corny chorus you'd expect to hear at a sporting event, but I think it's a great song nonetheless. Classic sounding Ozzy vocal melody in the verses and brilliant solo by Gus. Diggin Me Down is also a very strong track, again with great playing from GG. Fearless, Let It Die and I Want It More are mostly solid. The middle section of Soul Sucker with the faster riff is good, the rest of it unfortunately sucks. The other songs are ok, but don't grab me that much.

I will say though that Scream's album cover is hands down the worst of Ozzy's solo catalog. Just dreadful.

For me, the weakest Ozzy solo record is Down To Earth. That's the one that sounds uninspired, generic and just made to fulfill a contract. Dreamer and Running Out Of Time are decent ballads, but nothing else from that one is memorable IMO. Scream at least feels like it has more energy and potential in the songs, even if not all of them hit the target.

Comment

I considered it his best post "Bark" album.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKEST LIGHT View Post
                    I considered it his best post "Bark" album.
                    That's great to hear DL, certainly a lot of raw energy on that album, like Ozzy got reenergized.

Comment

That's great to hear DL, certainly a lot of raw energy on that album, like Ozzy got reenergized.
                      Yeah. The album just sounds "big" to me. But I think he's going to top it with the new one. I initially hated the two new songs but now I rather like them. The hooks really stick. Just like they did on "Scream"

Comment

Originally posted by DARKEST LIGHT View Post
                        Yeah. The album just sounds "big" to me. But I think he's going to top it with the new one. I initially hated the two new songs but now I rather like them. The hooks really stick. Just like they did on "Scream"
                        I'm having good feelings about the new album, I wish they would announce the release date already, like is it in January?

Comment

It's in January as far as I know but still no release date on Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by deranged View Post
                            It's in January as far as I know but still no release date on Amazon.
                            It's only a couple of more days till January, I'm surprised it hasn't been announced.

Comment

Working...
                            X