Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ozzy’s Scream - better than it’s given credit for?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ozzy’s Scream - better than it’s given credit for?

    Life Won’t Wait is worth the price of admission alone and is one of the best songs from Ozzy’s entire solo career.

    And then you have Diggin Me Down and Time which are also great tracks. And Let Me Hear You Scream was fun, if a little corny.

    To be honest, I find the whole album fairly enjoyable, aside from the bonus tracks which were complete throwaway.

  • #2
    If you like it, that's great.

    Plenty of people like Nickelback and Limp Bizkit too, and when you go to the store those bands are in the same section as Ozzy and Zeppelin and Rainbow etc so wahoo there's nobody stopping you from enjoying Scream or whatever.

    They are blatantly inferior to classic metal bands and their albums to my ears, but you don't need lisenced approval to listen to shit music.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
      If you like it, that's great.

      Plenty of people like Nickelback and Limp Bizkit too, and when you go to the store those bands are in the same section as Ozzy and Zeppelin and Rainbow etc so wahoo there's nobody stopping you from enjoying Scream or whatever.

      They are blatantly inferior to classic metal bands and their albums to my ears, but you don't need lisenced approval to listen to shit music.
      That's pretty nasty Wheels, I love Scream, just ordered the Limited Edition Tour Edition, I think Scream is a great album, Ozzy never disappoints or fails.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

      Comment


      • #4
        It's not one of his best efforts, no. And it's not one I find myself returning to very often. But when I do, I enjoy it. It's a good ride but nothing spectacular by any means.
        you got a killer scene there, man...

        http://10000years.bandcamp.com
        http://www.facebook.com/TenThousandyrs
        http://www.facebook.com/DVRSweden

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
          That's pretty nasty Wheels, I love Scream, just ordered the Limited Edition Tour Edition, I think Scream is a great album, Ozzy never disappoints or fails.

          I was actually being nice and sincere.

          Its like pretending that a $20 bottle is the same and is "as good" as black label.
          You're welcome to do so, and there is no law against it.

          If you rank guys like Blasko or whoever in the same category as Blackmore or Daisley, great for you

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
            I was actually being nice and sincere.

            Its like pretending that a $20 bottle is the same and is "as good" as black label.
            You're welcome to do so, and there is no law against it.

            If you rank guys like Blasko or whoever in the same category as Blackmore or Daisley, great for you
            I rank Ozzy above everyone. Daisley is one of the best, yes.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
              If you like it, that's great.

              Plenty of people like Nickelback and Limp Bizkit too, and when you go to the store those bands are in the same section as Ozzy and Zeppelin and Rainbow etc so wahoo there's nobody stopping you from enjoying Scream or whatever.

              They are blatantly inferior to classic metal bands and their albums to my ears, but you don't need lisenced approval to listen to shit music.
              Yeah, you come across like a bit of a dick.

              I wasn't asking for "licensed approval" to listen to "shit music". Firstly because I couldn't give two shits what other people think about the music I enjoy and secondly because I wouldn't listen to the album in question if I believed it to be "shit music."

              I simply started this thread because I'd seen some lukewarm remarks on social media about Scream and was curious what it was that its detractors disliked about it so much.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Towelie View Post
                Yeah, you come across like a bit of a dick.

                I wasn't asking for "licensed approval" to listen to "shit music". Firstly because I couldn't give two shits what other people think about the music I enjoy and secondly because I wouldn't listen to the album in question if I believed it to be "shit music."

                I simply started this thread because I'd seen some lukewarm remarks on social media about Scream and was curious what it was that its detractors disliked about it so much.
                I love Scream, great album, yeah it'll never compare to the earlier classics, but then again Randy is not with us anymore, there is a lot of credit to be given to Ozzy's later stuff, that many people don't like.
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Towelie View Post
                  Yeah, you come across like a bit of a dick.

                  I wasn't asking for "licensed approval" to listen to "shit music". Firstly because I couldn't give two shits what other people think about the music I enjoy and secondly because I wouldn't listen to the album in question if I believed it to be "shit music."

                  I simply started this thread because I'd seen some lukewarm remarks on social media about Scream and was curious what it was that its detractors disliked about it so much.
                  I'm sorry.

                  It sounds like nu metal garbage, Ozzy sounds lousy on it, the lyrics and melodies are lame and it sounds lazy and uninspired.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
                    I'm sorry.

                    It sounds like nu metal garbage, Ozzy sounds lousy on it, the lyrics and melodies are lame and it sounds lazy and uninspired.
                    I don’t get the same feeling when I listen to Scream, come on Wheelio, let me hear you Scream!!!!!!
                    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      What's everyones favourite 5 off the album?

                      Mine are:

                      1. Life Won't Wait
                      2. Time
                      3. Let It Die
                      4. Diggin Me Down
                      5. Fearless

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I hate it for pretty much all the reasons listed. Some songs are stronger than others, and it has a few moments here and there, but this and Black Rain (which I dislike even more) just sounds so soulless and uninspired. "Let Me Hear You Scream" is the first song that comes to mind when I think of this era in Ozzy's career. So non-personal and completely devoid of substance and creativity. "Ozzy Osbourne wants money and he doesn't give a flying fuck what you think". That's all I hear when listening to that song/album.
                        Last edited by Tromafreak; 11-16-2019, 09:57 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Tromafreak View Post
                          "Let Me Hear You Scream" is the first song that comes to mind when I think of this era in Ozzy's career. So non-personal and completely devoid of substance and creativity. "Ozzy Osbourne wants money and he doesn't give a flying fuck what you think". That's all I hear when listening to that song/album.
                          Perfect summation.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Towelie View Post
                            What's everyones favourite 5 off the album?

                            Mine are:

                            1. Life Won't Wait
                            2. Time
                            3. Let It Die
                            4. Diggin Me Down
                            5. Fearless
                            1.) Let Me Hear You Scream
                            2.) Life Won't Wait
                            3.) I Want It More
                            4.) Soul Sucker
                            5.) Time

                            Love the entire album but listed those as my top 5.
                            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Tromafreak View Post
                              I hate it for pretty much all the reasons listed. Some songs are stronger than others, and it has a few moments here and there, but this and Black Rain (which I dislike even more) just sounds so soulless and uninspired. "Let Me Hear You Scream" is the first song that comes to mind when I think of this era in Ozzy's career. So non-personal and completely devoid of substance and creativity. "Ozzy Osbourne wants money and he doesn't give a flying fuck what you think". That's all I hear when listening to that song/album.
                              Calling out a song for being non-personal is a bit of a pretentious reason for not liking something. There are thousands of great non-personal songs. LMHYS was written to be a fun, crowd-pleaser type song and it succeeds in being just that. If you want something more personal, Life Won't Wait and Time both hit the mark as far as that's concerned.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X