Straight to Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straight to Hell

I don't know if the leak I heard is legit but if it is........

It starts with the tease they released into an OK guitar rif. Then he sings "All Right Now" and "Come on Now" similar to his cover of Staying Alive.

Your flying higher than a kite tonight
    You took the hit and now you feel alright
    You "deadbeat dead" so we must celebrate
    I'll make you scream I'll make you defecate

Straight to hell tonight.

I'm probably the biggest Ozzy fan and have enjoyed EVERYTHING he's put out. But this is just not good. I pray it is fake but it sounds 100% legit.

Comment

This rocks big fucking time!

€zz

50 years later, the first and original voice of this kind of trippy stoner heavyness returns with a visceral tune!
      "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Might hold off till the album drops. Hate this new trend of releasing half the album before it comes out.

Comment

For those who don't know, it's Slash on guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Towelie View Post
            For those who don't know, it's Slash on guitar.
            I didn't know that, I thought Andrew Watts was doing the entire album.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
              This rocks big fucking time!

€zz

50 years later, the first and original voice of this kind of trippy stoner heavyness returns with a visceral tune!
              Love it, heavy song.
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Good song.
                80s vibes.
                Not as good as Under The Graveyard, but solid track.
                Strong voice.

Comment

Embarrassingly bad lyrics. Voice over-processed again. Total schlock song. Thumbs down. I need to go listen to Blizzard right now to get this drivel out of my head.

Comment

It's good enough to make me mad. Why didn't he put this much effort into his vocals for "13"??? He's reaching notes he hasn't even tried for since Ozmosis. Very frustrating in one way, very good to hear him awesome again in another way.

I like this track better than "Under the Graveyard" this sounds more Sabbathy than a lot of 13.

Love that it's fairly under-produced for a modern Ozzy solo album. I have to watch the live "Take what you want from me" to really see if Ozzy is vocally stronger or if this all just studio trickery.

Comment

The song has definitely grown on me. I’m still weirded out by making me defecate.

Comment

Anyone know if there are multiple guitarists on this or was Slash on this one tune?

Comment

Originally posted by Hey Hey View Post
                          The song has definitely grown on me. I’m still weirded out by making me defecate.
                          That’s in reference to the effects the drug he’s singing about doing, has on you, making you defecate, possibly heroin, meth or crack.
                          Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 11-24-2019, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I like it, but prefered the first single. Slash does too much aimless noodling these days (and I say that as a big Slash fan). His guitar solos back in GNRs heyday and even beyond (87-98) were incredible. He still writes killer riffs, but his lead solo work has been lacking for a number of years now.

Ozzy sounds good and the main riff is crunchy and cool. Lyrics about defecation? Meh, don't bother me. This is Ozzy we're talking about, not Leonard Cohen.

Comment

liked it over Under the Graveyard. I only listened to the song once and I am not going to listen to it again until the album comes out. Looking forward to hearing the album!

Comment

Working...
                              X