Straight to Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    That’s in reference to the effects the drug he’s singing about doing, has on you, making you defecate, possibly heroin, meth or crack.
    I don't want to be made to defecate. Later on he wants to watch me bleed, too...I assume from the rectum as well? Ozzy is mean!

Comment

Originally posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
      I don't want to be made to defecate. Later on he wants to watch me bleed, too...I assume from the rectum as well? Ozzy is mean!
      I don’t know about the bleed part, possibly from injecting the needle?
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Don't you guys find this all a bit juvenile coming from Ozzy at his age?
        So tired of the "Prince of darkness" carry on.

He needs a decent lyricist badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
          Don't you guys find this all a bit juvenile coming from Ozzy at his age?
          So tired of the "Prince of darkness" carry on.

He needs a decent lyricist badly.
          How cool would it have been if Ozzy got Jimmy Page or Richie Blackmore, Carl Palmer and Bob Daisley, to do his new album? Ozzy never had a better lyricist than Bob.

Though I know Sharon wouldn't want to put the money up to contract these high level musicians.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
            How cool would it have been if Ozzy got Jimmy Page or Richie Blackmore, Carl Palmer and Bob Daisley, to do his new album? Ozzy never had a better lyricist than Bob.

Though I know Sharon wouldn't want to put the money up to contract these high level musicians.
            Yet here are Slash and Duff from GNR (still a huge band) and Chad Smith from RHCP on his album.

I realise that the ship has sailed on Bob working with/for Ozzy again...but surely he could get someone to write in that vein.
            I'm not sure how much of Ozzmosis' lyrics were written by Bob (if any of what made the album) but that's a good example of other lyricists taking on the job and doing it well.

I'm not here burning a candle for Bob but I get bummed out that here we are with a good solid song, Ozzy sounds great yet the lyrics sort of relegate it to a novelty song to my ears.

Comment

Well, Ozzy and co. really surprised me good with these two songs. Musically, they both rock. I didn't expect them to do so at this level, but they do. Vocally, I like what I hear (won't care about how Ozzy and co. did it). Lyrically, there's some dark lyrics in both of these, lyrics that suit Ozzy's image as the Prince Of Fucking Darkness. We're not going to get the next philosophical triumph here, we're just getting heavy metal. That's exactly what I want! Many people do have high expectations or even demands to have lyrics that leave their minds blown to smithereens for ages to come, even at this point of their favourite artist's career. I think it's well grounded though, as we are ardent fans, to the very end. We want so much from our heroes.

Ozzy made some great new stuff, arose like a phoenix from his health scare with this upcoming release. That's all I care about.
              "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Yet here are Slash and Duff from GNR (still a huge band) and Chad Smith from RHCP on his album.

I realise that the ship has sailed on Bob working with/for Ozzy again...but surely he could get someone to write in that vein.
                I'm not sure how much of Ozzmosis' lyrics were written by Bob (if any of what made the album) but that's a good example of other lyricists taking on the job and doing it well.

I'm not here burning a candle for Bob but I get bummed out that here we are with a good solid song, Ozzy sounds great yet the lyrics sort of relegate it to a novelty song to my ears.
                Does Ozzy not write his own lyrics?

I know Geezer was the primary lyric writer in Sabbath, but I think Ozzy wrote a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Towelie View Post
                  Does Ozzy not write his own lyrics?

I know Geezer was the primary lyric writer in Sabbath, but I think Ozzy wrote a few.
                  No he doesn't.

He will come up with a line here and there and the song titles but someone else writes the lyrics.

Geezer wrote "about 95%" of the original Sabbath lyrics.
                  Daisley did all the 80s albums, and since then it's been whatever songwriter he has been working with (Mark Hudson was one for a good few years I think)- uncredited.

They like to put it about he writes lyrics but that is bullshit.

Comment

No he doesn't.

He will come up with a line here and there and the song titles but someone else writes the lyrics.

Geezer wrote "about 95%" of the original Sabbath lyrics.
                    Daisley did all the 80s albums, and since then it's been whatever songwriter he has been working with (Mark Hudson was one for a good few years I think)- uncredited.

They like to put it about he writes lyrics but that is bullshit.
                    Didn't Ozzy write the lyrics to God Is Dead?

Comment

Originally posted by Towelie View Post
                      Didn't Ozzy write the lyrics to God Is Dead?
                      No, he didn't. He came up with the title. Geezer and Tony explain everyone's contribution to that song in the video.

Comment

Ozzy writes way more than 5 damn percent of the lyrics. Of the 12 songs on 13 Ozzy wrote 4 of them all on his own lyrically. He writes all of the melodies for all the songs (the most important part). Geezer has said himself in interviews that Ozzy writes a lot more than he gets credit for these days. Some fans are so quick to pull the “Ozzy doesn’t write anything card”. To be fair, Ozzy’s lyrics are cheesier... but he still wrote them. Cough cough... Fairies Wear Boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                          Ozzy writes way more than 5 damn percent of the lyrics. Of the 12 songs on 13 Ozzy wrote 4 of them all on his own lyrically. He writes all of the melodies for all the songs (the most important part). Geezer has said himself in interviews that Ozzy writes a lot more than he gets credit for these days. Some fans are so quick to pull the “Ozzy doesn’t write anything card”. To be fair, Ozzy’s lyrics are cheesier... but he still wrote them. Cough cough... Fairies Wear Boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          The 95% is what Geezer said (in 1994) to Hot Metal magazine, his words not mine.

Comment

I admit, I was taken back by the particular lyric everyone seems to fixated on. But if you take it within the actual concept of the song, it makes perfect sense. It's not "I'm so scary, you'll shit your pants." It's obviously a take on the many adverse affects of a particular drug. If anyone has known anyone deeply involved in drugs, it's not uncommon that body functions happen without consent at any time.

Is it poetry? No, but it fits. Also, are we really pretending that there aren't quite a few Ozzy lyrics sprinkled with cheese? And also by MANY of his contemporaries over the years?

The song is heavy and head banging. I'm blown away by how well Chad and Duff work as a rhythm section. You'd think they've worked together for years. Slash doesn't add much, but it's a cool guest spot.
                            ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
                              I admit, I was taken back by the particular lyric everyone seems to fixated on. But if you take it within the actual concept of the song, it makes perfect sense. It's not "I'm so scary, you'll shit your pants." It's obviously a take on the many adverse affects of a particular drug. If anyone has known anyone deeply involved in drugs, it's not uncommon that body functions happen without consent at any time.
                              This is what I basically said about the lyric defecate. Good to see you back posting Hipster.

Comment

Ozzy is telling us a story, acting as the voice of our enemy. Ozzy has been the voice of these warnings before, even on the song #1.

"I'll make you lie, I'll make you steal and kill
                                I'll make you crawl until your final thrill
                                Enjoy the ride, I'll plant my bitter seed
                                You'll kill yourself and I will watch you bleed"

This is what our enemy wants for us during our lives.

"Something is missing
                                And you don't know why
                                Deeper in the darkness you will hide"

This is one of the outcomes of embracing the lies. Alone and lost, in the dark.

---

Ozzy rocks big time with these new songs which are his best work since the day we heard "Perry Mason" on MTV.
                                "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Working...
                                X