Announcement

Collapse

Google Ads Question

Hey gang. I just posted something asking about Google Ads on my website. I'd like people's input (and help possibly) on this. Please go over here and have a read:

https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/for...ads#post645883

--- Joe
See more
See less

Straight to Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
    Ozzy is telling us a story, acting as the voice of our enemy. Ozzy has been the voice of these warnings before, even on the song #1.

"I'll make you lie, I'll make you steal and kill
    I'll make you crawl until your final thrill
    Enjoy the ride, I'll plant my bitter seed
    You'll kill yourself and I will watch you bleed"

This is what our enemy wants for us during our lives.

"Something is missing
    And you don't know why
    Deeper in the darkness you will hide"

This is one of the outcomes of embracing the lies. Alone and lost, in the dark.

---

Ozzy rocks big time with these new songs which are his best work since the day we heard "Perry Mason" on MTV.
    Love your description. You totally get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Towelie View Post
      Love your description. You totally get it.
      Sabbathman totally gets it!
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by DARKEST LIGHT View Post
        Embarrassingly bad lyrics. Voice over-processed again. Total schlock song. Thumbs down. I need to go listen to Blizzard right now to get this drivel out of my head.
        Eh it grew on me. Both songs have. I think my dislike of Ozzy's personality clouds my judgment sometimes. These two tracks are promising. Ozzy is pop artist and sometimes the "prince of darkness"/animal cruelty image (well it is...bats, doves, etc...he still uses this imagery) is a turn-off.

Not listening to anything else 'til the album drops.

Comment

I like both new Ozzy tracks, as long as it kicks ass, the lyrics are a secondary concern. This is rock music we are discussing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
            I like both new Ozzy tracks, as long as it kicks ass, the lyrics are a secondary concern. This is rock music we are discussing.
            I liked “Under The Graveyard” more than “Straight to Hell”. To be honest, at first I wasn’t crazy about the latter, but about 5 listens in I rather love it. Like I said, it took a couple of listens but yeah, “Straight To Hell” is a rocker too. I instantly loved “Under the Graveyard” because it kind of reminds me of Ozzmosis that I LOVE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

New video coming for Straight to Hell on Monday. Looks like Ozzy's gonna be in this one.
              https://blabbermouth.net/news/ozzy-o...l-music-video/

Comment

Originally posted by Motleyozz6 View Post
                New video coming for Straight to Hell on Monday. Looks like Ozzy's gonna be in this one.
                https://blabbermouth.net/news/ozzy-o...l-music-video/
                Yeah. I saw that. Can’t wait to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
                  Fair enough, but the (usual) quality lyrics used to be (one of the things) that made Ozzy's songs in Black Sabbath and his solo career stand out from the usual metal fare.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
                    Fair enough, but the (usual) quality lyrics used to be (one of the things) that made Ozzy's songs in Black Sabbath and his solo career stand out from the usual metal fare.
                    I agree with you on this one. I personally don’t like the lyrics on “Straight To Hell” but the song did grow on me. It’s not my favourite by far but I find it’s a rocking tune.

Comment

New Video!
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSRNrVjISRQ

Comment

Originally posted by Motleyozz6 View Post
                        Nice to see him in the video! I'm sure they could've managed one scene of him standing up, but hey, what do I know?

Comment

Originally posted by Towelie View Post
                          Nice to see him in the video! I'm sure they could've managed one scene of him standing up, but hey, what do I know?
                          When I saw the video I kind of panicked and thought for a moment that maybe he couldn’t stand up anymore. Then I went online and saw him SITTING in the car on New Year’s Day. I panicked a little more. Then I saw him during the behind the scenes for “Under The Graveyard” video, again, SITTING. I panicked a little more. Then I remembered the live “Take What You Want” performance from November with Post Malone and Andrew Watt. I distinctly remembered he was sitting during the performance. I was really worried that maybe he really was paralyzed from the fall he had and it was maybe being kept from us. Then I rewatched the live performance, and sure enough he was seated. BUT, he walks to the stage and is standing on stage for part of it. This was a relief. [emoji3060]

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
                            When I saw the video I kind of panicked and thought for a moment that maybe he couldn’t stand up anymore. Then I went online and saw him SITTING in the car on New Year’s Day. I panicked a little more. Then I saw him during the behind the scenes for “Under The Graveyard” video, again, SITTING. I panicked a little more. Then I remembered the live “Take What You Want” performance from November with Post Malone and Andrew Watt. I distinctly remembered he was sitting during the performance. I was really worried that maybe he really was paralyzed from the fall he had and it was maybe being kept from us. Then I rewatched the live performance, and sure enough he was seated. BUT, he walks to the stage and is standing on stage for part of it. This was a relief. [emoji3060]

A sign of relief for sure, or he'd have to be sitting in a chair during the rest of his No More Tours II shows.
                            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                              Ozzy writes way more than 5 damn percent of the lyrics. Of the 12 songs on 13 Ozzy wrote 4 of them all on his own lyrically. He writes all of the melodies for all the songs (the most important part). Geezer has said himself in interviews that Ozzy writes a lot more than he gets credit for these days. Some fans are so quick to pull the “Ozzy doesn’t write anything card”. To be fair, Ozzy’s lyrics are cheesier... but he still wrote them. Cough cough... Fairies Wear Boots.

Ozzy deserves much more credit as a songwriter.
                              This guy created some of the most beautiful melodies in heavy rock.
                              This is not easy.
                              I am a songwriter, and I know how hard it is to create a good melody. A melody for eternity.
                              Ozzy has created hundreds of wonderful melodies.
                              It's hard to see idiots like Eddie Trunk ridiculing Ozzy's work.
                              I was very happy when Don Airey said in Eddie's face that Ozzy is a songwriter. I laughed out loud.

Comment

Here's Don Airey telling the truth.

Originally posted by Fabiano75 View Post
                                Ozzy deserves much more credit as a songwriter.
                                This guy created some of the most beautiful melodies in heavy rock.
                                This is not easy.
                                I am a songwriter, and I know how hard it is to create a good melody. A melody for eternity.
                                Ozzy has created hundreds of wonderful melodies.
                                It's hard to see idiots like Eddie Trunk ridiculing Ozzy's work.
                                I was very happy when Don Airey said in Eddie's face that Ozzy is a songwriter. I laughed out loud.

Comment

Working...
                                X