Announcement

Collapse

Google Ads Question

Hey gang. I just posted something asking about Google Ads on my website. I'd like people's input (and help possibly) on this. Please go over here and have a read:

https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/for...ads#post645883

--- Joe
See more
See less

Ordinary Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordinary Man

Ozzy Osbourne and Elton John have collaborated on the title song of the BLACK SABBATH singer's forthcoming solo album, "Ordinary Man". The disc will arrive on February 21 via Epic Records.

Three days after the news of the surprise collaboration was broken by Ozzy's wife and manager Sharon on her daytime TV talk show "The Talk", RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS drummer Chad Smith, who plays on the LP, spoke about the project during an appearance on "Volume West", which airs daily on SiriusXM Volume channel 106.

Asked by host Lyndsey Parker how Slash came to be involved with the album, Chad said: "Having Ozzy do new music, anyone that we mentioned to, 'We're making music for Ozzy,' everyone wants in. Anyone we spoke to. So we wanted it to be the right people. We didn't wanna just throw in names for names. [We wanted] people that love Ozzy, which is pretty much everybody anyway, but that made sense. The single that's out now called 'Straight To Hell', he soloed at the end of that — classic Slash wah-wah, bluesy; great. But, really, we wanted him to play on this song that is the title song, which is called 'Ordinary Man' — this more midtempoey, kind of BEATLES… Ozzy loves THE BEATLES — it's his favorite band. He's going on about THE BEATLES — THE BEATLES, BEATLES, BEATLES. And you would think, the Prince Of Darkness — THE BEATLES, really? So he's, like, 'We need something midtempo, not so heavy.' So Andrew [Watt, 'Ordinary Man' producer] had this little piano idea thing, and we made it into this song, and it's epic. And Slash plays the solo. It's so epic, there's two Slash solos. [Laughs] It's a really good song. And he plays beautifully on it, and we're so happy to have him on it.'

According to Chad, Elton ended up playing on the record as an afterthought. "We decided, 'Well, [the song] has a piano. Who is a really good piano player? I don't know…. Let's get the Rocket Man,'" Smith recalled. "And so Andrew and I went down to Atlanta, where Elton John lives when he's on the East Coast. I think he kind of lives all over the place. And we recorded him. And he played the piano on the song, and he plays it beautifully, of course. And then we're, like, 'Why don't we have him sing a verse?'"

Chad went on to say that Elton and Ozzy both sound "fucking awesome" on the song. "These two iconic legendary English fucking rockers that have been through it all are singing about the end of their lives. 'I don't wanna die an ordinary man.' And it's fucking great," he said. "Me and Andrew are pinching ourselves. And Elton was so great, so gracious. 'I'll do anything for Ozzy. I love Ozzy.''

"And so on this 'Ordinary Man' song, you've got Duff McKagan, Slash, Andrew Watt, wonderboy producer, writer, hot-shit guy of the moment, great musician," he continued. "You've got the Prince Of Darkness, Ozzy Osbourne. You've got Sir Elton John, and a drummer from some other band. You've got the fucking Avengers of rock and roll. It's so fucking good. And at the end of this song, every time I hear it, there's this string thing at the end. We went to Abbey Road [studios], and it's strings and a choir. It's fucking epic, and every time I hear it, I'm, like, 'And the Grammy goes to…'"

This past November, Ozzy released "Under The Graveyard", his first new solo music in almost 10 years, which garnered more than 2.8 million global streams in its first week.

Recorded in Los Angeles, the album features producer Watt on guitars, McKagan on bass and Smith on drums.
    https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/oz...ys-chad-smith/

Originally posted by thewizard View Post
    Ozzy Osbourne and Elton John have collaborated on the title song of the BLACK SABBATH singer's forthcoming solo album, "Ordinary Man". The disc will arrive on February 21 via Epic Records.

Three days after the news of the surprise collaboration was broken by Ozzy's wife and manager Sharon on her daytime TV talk show "The Talk", RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS drummer Chad Smith, who plays on the LP, spoke about the project during an appearance on "Volume West", which airs daily on SiriusXM Volume channel 106.

Asked by host Lyndsey Parker how Slash came to be involved with the album, Chad said: "Having Ozzy do new music, anyone that we mentioned to, 'We're making music for Ozzy,' everyone wants in. Anyone we spoke to. So we wanted it to be the right people. We didn't wanna just throw in names for names. [We wanted] people that love Ozzy, which is pretty much everybody anyway, but that made sense. The single that's out now called 'Straight To Hell', he soloed at the end of that — classic Slash wah-wah, bluesy; great. But, really, we wanted him to play on this song that is the title song, which is called 'Ordinary Man' — this more midtempoey, kind of BEATLES… Ozzy loves THE BEATLES — it's his favorite band. He's going on about THE BEATLES — THE BEATLES, BEATLES, BEATLES. And you would think, the Prince Of Darkness — THE BEATLES, really? So he's, like, 'We need something midtempo, not so heavy.' So Andrew [Watt, 'Ordinary Man' producer] had this little piano idea thing, and we made it into this song, and it's epic. And Slash plays the solo. It's so epic, there's two Slash solos. [Laughs] It's a really good song. And he plays beautifully on it, and we're so happy to have him on it.'

According to Chad, Elton ended up playing on the record as an afterthought. "We decided, 'Well, [the song] has a piano. Who is a really good piano player? I don't know…. Let's get the Rocket Man,'" Smith recalled. "And so Andrew and I went down to Atlanta, where Elton John lives when he's on the East Coast. I think he kind of lives all over the place. And we recorded him. And he played the piano on the song, and he plays it beautifully, of course. And then we're, like, 'Why don't we have him sing a verse?'"

Chad went on to say that Elton and Ozzy both sound "fucking awesome" on the song. "These two iconic legendary English fucking rockers that have been through it all are singing about the end of their lives. 'I don't wanna die an ordinary man.' And it's fucking great," he said. "Me and Andrew are pinching ourselves. And Elton was so great, so gracious. 'I'll do anything for Ozzy. I love Ozzy.''

"And so on this 'Ordinary Man' song, you've got Duff McKagan, Slash, Andrew Watt, wonderboy producer, writer, hot-shit guy of the moment, great musician," he continued. "You've got the Prince Of Darkness, Ozzy Osbourne. You've got Sir Elton John, and a drummer from some other band. You've got the fucking Avengers of rock and roll. It's so fucking good. And at the end of this song, every time I hear it, there's this string thing at the end. We went to Abbey Road [studios], and it's strings and a choir. It's fucking epic, and every time I hear it, I'm, like, 'And the Grammy goes to…'"

This past November, Ozzy released "Under The Graveyard", his first new solo music in almost 10 years, which garnered more than 2.8 million global streams in its first week.

Recorded in Los Angeles, the album features producer Watt on guitars, McKagan on bass and Smith on drums.
    https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/oz...ys-chad-smith/
    The song is really really good. Epic if I say so myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Epic indeed. I got a massive surprise last night when Ordinary Man started playing on my phone. I New that it was a Slash solo when I first heard it. A part of that solo sounds familiar? Maybe a bit of November Rain? or maybe it is just my old ears?

Comment

Originally posted by under the sun View Post
        Epic indeed. I got a massive surprise last night when Ordinary Man started playing on my phone. I New that it was a Slash solo when I first heard it. A part of that solo sounds familiar? Maybe a bit of November Rain? or maybe it is just my old ears?
        You’re right. I knew it was Slash the moment I heard it. And yes. November Rain[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Comment

Classic.
          Tears in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabiano75 View Post
            Classic.
            Tears in my eyes.
            Such a good song

Comment

Ozz being Ozz.
              A Beatle in heavy music.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabiano75 View Post
                Ozz being Ozz.
                A Beatle in heavy music.
                Yes. Very much so. This is to me the most Beatle inspired song of his career. I can see why the album is called Ordinary Man

Comment

Comment

but...but...I thought he was a Vertical Man???

I guess you can be ordinary and Vertical.

Ozzy is now a Beatle as far as I'm concerned. This Elton track seals the deal. Ozzy has become what he always wanted insofar as humanly possible.

Comment

Originally posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
                      but...but...I thought he was a Vertical Man???

I guess you can be ordinary and Vertical.

Ozzy is now a Beatle as far as I'm concerned. This Elton track seals the deal. Ozzy has become what he always wanted insofar as humanly possible.
                      Yes, he needs to be Knighted now, Sir John Michael Osbourne.
                      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Wow. I love the fact that William brought up Vertical Man. I was just talking about that with OID. That’s great

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
                          Wow. I love the fact that William brought up Vertical Man. I was just talking about that with OID. That’s great

How coincidental is that, Maestro?
                          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

You just gotta love Ozzy forever.

I like everything about this song and what I'm most happy about is that Ozzy prevailed over his ailments and made a whole new album, a great album so far, completely out of the blue.

God bless Ozzy!
                            "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Ozzy never disappoints!!!! Love it!!!!!

Thank you Maestro for sending me this and the other singles.

Love it when Elton comes in.

Preorders are on Amazon,

Comment

Working...
                              X