Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordinary Man

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by maestro View Post
    Dante, the “take what you want” version is the same one on Posts album.
    Looking forward to the album. I love all 3 of those albums you mentioned. However, I am a little disappointed that it's the exact same song as on Post's album. I was hoping for at least a little variation on it

    Comment


    • #32
      Dante, you’re in for a treat. Trust me. It’s quite good. Here’s a little article I just read now to tide you over.
      https://loudwire.com/ozzy-osbourne-o...review-review/

      Comment


      • #33
        Oh, and “It’s A Raid” I believe is a different mix than the previous leak if I’m not mistaken. IMHO there are 2 songs that are meh. One being Raid and the other being “Eat Me” but even those two aren’t bad at all. “Scary Little Green Men” is amazing. So is “This Is The End” “Goodbye” has an homage to “Iron Man” and “Eat Me” starts with a harmonica. It’s really a great album. “Holy For Tonight” is cut from the same Beatles sound as “Ordinary Man”. I wonder What happened to “Mr Armageddon” and “”Crack Cocain” with Steve Stevens. Maybe a follow up album? One can only hope.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by maestro View Post
          I wonder What happened to “Mr Armageddon” and “”Crack Cocain” with Steve Stevens. Maybe a follow up album? One can only hope.
          Remember, Ozzy most of the time has bonus songs in his pocket when he releases an album (only albums that didn't were Diary Of A Madman and The Ultimate Sin). He used to release those bonus songs with singles but since Black Rain they've been on the 'tour edition" of the album

          Comment


          • #35
            You’re right. I’m sure we will get a “Tour Edition” of some sort. This is a great album. The m sure Sharon will want to capitalize on that. Great stuff. Highly recommend

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Dante_Doomsday View Post

              Remember, Ozzy most of the time has bonus songs in his pocket when he releases an album (only albums that didn't were Diary Of A Madman and The Ultimate Sin). He used to release those bonus songs with singles but since Black Rain they've been on the 'tour edition" of the album
              Take what you want is the bonus track for digital and cd, it is not on the vinyl (online ozzy store) They only recorded 10 full songs. The Talking Metal podcast had a interview with Steve Stevens last year, and he said that one of the song he recorded with ozzy will see the light of day. I think he said they recorded three songs and the label really digging one of them.

              Comment


              • #37
                I think that this is his best work in a long time. Does anyone here know who the guy from Metal Voice is? he just rubbished the whole project. You would think that he would have done more research before he did a review on the album.

                The story behind It's a Raid is very cool but, the song should of been a bonus track too.

                Comment


                • #38
                  I really like the album.
                  Strong songs, fantastic melodies, heavy production. Pretty amazing record.
                  I think It's a raid is a funny song. I enjoy it. I miss Ozzy's sense of humor. Almost a punk song.
                  Scary Little Green Men is the best song, in my opinion.
                  I'm happy for Ozz. Without no doubt, this is the most personal work of Ozzy's life. Ans it's great.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by under the sun View Post
                    I think that this is his best work in a long time. Does anyone here know who the guy from Metal Voice is? he just rubbished the whole project. You would think that he would have done more research before he did a review on the album.

                    The story behind It's a Raid is very cool but, the song should of been a bonus track too.
                    Yeah. Jimmy seems like he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. He keeps saying Ozzy is supposed to be just serious and the lyrics were never silly in the past blah blah. Has he heard Ozzy in the past? “No Bone Movies”, “One Up The Bside”, “Zombie Stomp”, Party With The Animals”, “Miracle Man” there’s so many of those “Silly Types Of Songs”. I Love the new ALBUM. “Scary Little Green Men” is great

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by maestro View Post

                      Yeah. Jimmy seems like he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. He keeps saying Ozzy is supposed to be just serious and the lyrics were never silly in the past blah blah. Has he heard Ozzy in the past? “No Bone Movies”, “One Up The Bside”, “Zombie Stomp”, Party With The Animals”, “Miracle Man” there’s so many of those “Silly Types Of Songs”. I Love the new ALBUM. “Scary Little Green Men” is great
                      What is not silly about Ozzy's personality and some of this song ideas? that is what I love about Ozzy. I think Jimmy needs to listen to the album again, this time with an open mind. I have a screen shot of a post from the Ozzy's YouTube page, whoever is in control of this social media pages answered someone's question asking why Zakk was not on the album. They said that Zakk was on tour when the unplanned records sessions came up. I cannot work out how to post the picture on this form.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I'll be buying this album and I think it's generally pointed in the direction a lot of us have been hoping for since Ozzmosis but from what I've heard so far it sounds half baked and plopped out off the cuff (and not in a good way)

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I have heard the album multiple times in order to get the best opinion possible and until now, i came on these:

                          - The album is great but, for the first 5 tracks. To be honest, i don't have a problem with the rest of the tracks but, they are generic and bland in my ears while the first five, are definetely great tracks. Also, if the album stopped at Holy For Tonight, definetely, my opinion would be different. Tracks 10,11 don't do it for me, i could definetely live without them. Ok, on the raid Ozzy does have some fun but apart from that, nah....

                          - The album feels like a continuation of Ozzmosis. It definetely gives the feel that starts right after where Ozzmosis stopped. The whole atmosphere, the overall mood and feel, definetely lean on Ozzmosis's side. More specificaly, tracks 1-5, give the feel that they are outtakes from the Ozzmosis's sessions while tracks 6-9, give an impression of songs from No More Tears.

                          -Definetely, an Ozzy album apart from tracks 10,11. From start to finish, this album, feels Ozzy. Sabbathesque riffs, dark lyrical themes, song structures, definetely Show that the producer and the other staff, really breathe and live Ozzy, really spot on job. Total respect to Ozzy's legacy, definetely.

                          - It is what i wanted from Ozzy this time around. An emotional, mature, sophisticated Ozzy, pretty much like Ozzy around Ozzmosis's era. This is the reason i think Ordinary Man feels like a continuation of Ozzmosis. Under The Graveyard, Goodbye, definetely feel like they were made from the same cloth as Ozzmosis.

                          Yeah, of course the album isn't equal to Ozzmosis but, it tries and even for the attempt, i appreciate it.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by tsimisde View Post
                            I have heard the album multiple times in order to get the best opinion possible and until now, i came on these:

                            - The album is great but, for the first 5 tracks. To be honest, i don't have a problem with the rest of the tracks but, they are generic and bland in my ears while the first five, are definetely great tracks. Also, if the album stopped at Holy For Tonight, definetely, my opinion would be different. Tracks 10,11 don't do it for me, i could definetely live without them. Ok, on the raid Ozzy does have some fun but apart from that, nah....

                            - The album feels like a continuation of Ozzmosis. It definetely gives the feel that starts right after where Ozzmosis stopped. The whole atmosphere, the overall mood and feel, definetely lean on Ozzmosis's side. More specificaly, tracks 1-5, give the feel that they are outtakes from the Ozzmosis's sessions while tracks 6-9, give an impression of songs from No More Tears.

                            -Definetely, an Ozzy album apart from tracks 10,11. From start to finish, this album, feels Ozzy. Sabbathesque riffs, dark lyrical themes, song structures, definetely Show that the producer and the other staff, really breathe and live Ozzy, really spot on job. Total respect to Ozzy's legacy, definetely.

                            - It is what i wanted from Ozzy this time around. An emotional, mature, sophisticated Ozzy, pretty much like Ozzy around Ozzmosis's era. This is the reason i think Ordinary Man feels like a continuation of Ozzmosis. Under The Graveyard, Goodbye, definetely feel like they were made from the same cloth as Ozzmosis.

                            Yeah, of course the album isn't equal to Ozzmosis but, it tries and even for the attempt, i appreciate it.
                            Great review. I hear Ozzmosis, No More Tears and No Rest For The Wicked. It’s an album I really wanted and Ozzy Delivered. Let’s hope we get an EP or a quick follow up with the Steve Stevens songs “Armageddon Man” and “Crack Cocain” if I were OZZY or Sharon I’d capitalize on this right now and bang another quick album and have it I The can for next year. Strike while the irons hot.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
                              I'll be buying this album and I think it's generally pointed in the direction a lot of us have been hoping for since Ozzmosis but from what I've heard so far it sounds half baked and plopped out off the cuff (and not in a good way)
                              It’s a good one Wheels. You may be pleasantly surprised. Did you like Ozzmosis? It’s in that vein imho

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by maestro View Post

                                It’s a good one Wheels. You may be pleasantly surprised. Did you like Ozzmosis? It’s in that vein imho
                                I loved Ozzmosis, and am heartened by what you guys are saying.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X