Ozzy vs Dio vs Iommi - Round 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozzy vs Dio vs Iommi - Round 9

So we continue our comparison rounds with the end point on the horizon sadly. This time we have the following albums to choose from:

Dio – Killing The Dragon (2002)
    Iommi – The 1996 DEP Sessions (2004)
    Ozzy – Prince Of Darkness & Under Cover (2004)

This round might be a little controversial since it technically includes two releases by Ozzy (which some could dismiss either as “not proper” albums). Prince of Darkness contains quite a number of unique songs not found on any other album. Under Cover was released later as an album in its own right but was virtually the same as what was released on Prince Of Darkness except for 4 songs.

So the the age old question – how would you rank the above albums?

Originally posted by sin - lum View Post
    So we continue our comparison rounds with the end point on the horizon sadly. This time we have the following albums to choose from:

This round might be a little controversial since it technically includes two releases by Ozzy (which some could dismiss either as “not proper” albums). Prince of Darkness contains quite a number of unique songs not found on any other album. Under Cover was released later as an album in its own right but was virtually the same as what was released on Prince Of Darkness except for 4 songs.

DEP by leaps and bounds , not even close, no contest .....

Comment

Well, I'd take the Ozzy box because it has a bunch of cool b sides etc that are wonderful.
      Its a compilation though, so it doesn't count!

Undercover is pretty woeful, it's a real shame because Ozzy could have done so much better.
      I do really like the rendition of Fire though.

I love the title song off of KillingThe Dragon, it's one of Dio's very best songs in my opinion- but I don't remember thinking too much of the rest of the album.

DEP sessions is probably the most consistent and "best" of the three, but Killing The Dragon has the highest peak.

Comment

DEP for sure! One of my favorites!

Great post Wheels Of Confusion \m/

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio

Ozzy-LOVE Undercover and all the other songs on the bookset
        DIO-Killing The Dragon is a great release a step up from MAGICA, horrible!!!!
        IommI-Sorry love Tony, with Sabbath.
        Dep is Tony with Sabbath YoY

Comment

Originally posted by ronn View Post
          DEP for sure! One of my favorites!

Great post Wheels Of Confusion \m/

Dep is Tony with Sabbath YoY
          Yes, I meant I love the original stuff most Ronn.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
          ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

KTD without a doubt. That Ozzy box became pretty much worthless when the covers album was released.

Comment

Originally posted by sin - lum View Post

Ozzy-LOVE Undercover and all the other songs on the bookset
              DIO-Killing The Dragon is a great release a step up from MAGICA.
              IommI-Sorry love Tony, with Sabbath.

I had to repost this as when I edited the horrible out of Magica, it somehow got flagged as potential spam, after my last listen I like it a lot more now.
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

1. Killing The Dragon
                2. The DEP Sessions
                3. Under Cover
                http://struggle021hc.bandcamp.com
                http://www.facebook.com/struggle021hc
                http://pike.bandcamp.com
                http://www.facebook.com/PikeSweden
                http://www.facebook.com/DeathValleyRecords

Comment

Working...
                X