X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ted Sallis
    replied
    Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    still one of Rocks great comebacks Sabbath sacks Ozzy he goes on to become the biggest Heavy Metal star in history... no one outside of Sabbathdom even knew who he was...
    Ozzy became so big in N. America after he went solo that I didn't know he was previously the singer in Black Sabbath until I first saw him listed as the vocalist on the back cover of the We Sold Our Soul... album in 1981. I didn't really start to get into Sabbath or Ozzy until '82.

Ted

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Cricket
    replied
    still one of Rocks great comebacks Sabbath sacks Ozzy he goes on to become the biggest Heavy Metal star in history... no one outside of Sabbathdom even knew who he was...

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by mikesline View Post
    Diary tour was so massive with that stage set up ,i'm sure ozzy had to straighten up lyric's and stick to album version ,i know due to production they did rehearsals just for that tour that started in san francisco 11-29-82 ,i was lucky to catch it in downtown LA on new years evil gig,but if had choice that first short tour would have been better (original band)exportkjkuj.png
    You’re a lucky guy you got to see all these great historical shows Mike and you know Bill Ward personally, I would’ve loved to see Ozzy in his heyday.

Leave a comment:

• mikesline
    replied
    Diary tour was so massive with that stage set up ,i'm sure ozzy had to straighten up lyric's and stick to album version ,i know due to production they did rehearsals just for that tour that started in san francisco 11-29-82 ,i was lucky to catch it in downtown LA on new years evil gig,but if had choice that first short tour would have been better (original band)exportkjkuj.png

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Morlock View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome OzzyIsDio.

Thank you Ted for getting an answer from Bob. I think Bob is probably spot on with that answer. That sounds so Ozzy to me.

Bob seems like such a cool guy. I wish the original Blizzard of Ozz lineup with Bob and Lee stayed together. That band was so much tighter together. To have seen the band on their initial UK tour must have been incredible.
    You’re welcome Morlock, I hope you enjoy your stay here, we need new members who will bring good vibes and a new energy to the place.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post
    You're welcome, OID and Morlock. I agree about BD seeming like a very cool guy and about wishing the BOO lineup had stayed together. That lineup produced the best 2 studio albums Ozzy ever appeared on outside of Sabbath.

Ted
    Agreed......

Leave a comment:

• Ted Sallis
    replied
    You're welcome, OID and Morlock. I agree about BD seeming like a very cool guy and about wishing the BOO lineup had stayed together. That lineup produced the best 2 studio albums Ozzy ever appeared on outside of Sabbath.

Ted

Leave a comment:

• Morlock
    replied
    Thanks for the warm welcome OzzyIsDio.

Thank you Ted for getting an answer from Bob. I think Bob is probably spot on with that answer. That sounds so Ozzy to me.

Bob seems like such a cool guy. I wish the original Blizzard of Ozz lineup with Bob and Lee stayed together. That band was so much tighter together. To have seen the band on their initial UK tour must have been incredible.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post
    Bob replied to me, and here is his response: I wasn’t on those US tours, but I’d suggest that if the lyrics that Ozzy sang on the first US tour differed from the second, he hadn’t learnt them properly. Cheers, BD.

Recalling how Ozzy used to 'butcher' the lyrics to Black Sabbath songs when he sang them live, the above response seems plausible to me.

Ted
    Thanks for sharing Ted, that sounds believable.
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 07-14-2020, 06:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ted Sallis
    replied
    Bob replied to me, and here is his response: I wasn’t on those US tours, but I’d suggest that if the lyrics that Ozzy sang on the first US tour differed from the second, he hadn’t learnt them properly. Cheers, BD.

Recalling how Ozzy used to 'butcher' the lyrics to Black Sabbath songs when he sang them live, the above response seems plausible to me.

Ted

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Morlock View Post
    Thanks Ted!

It will be interesting to see if Bob has any insight on this.

Now if we could only get him to release that "holy grail" goldmine that he is sitting on... One can dream I guess.
    Welcome to the boards, I would love for the Holy Grail to be released.

Maybe the Tour version is shorter for Ozzy to sing on Tour.

Leave a comment:

• Ted Sallis
    replied
    You're welcome. I asked the question; hopefully Bob will reply before long. I agree about him releasing the "holy grail" - I've heard snippets but of course it'd be awesome to have and hear everything.

Ted

Leave a comment:

• Morlock
    replied
    Thanks Ted!

It will be interesting to see if Bob has any insight on this.

Now if we could only get him to release that "holy grail" goldmine that he is sitting on... One can dream I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Ted Sallis
    replied
    Offhand my best guess would be that the lyrics were changed/improved upon for recording the song on the DOAM album. I can inquire with Bob Daisley and if/when he provides a response I can post it here.

Ted

Leave a comment:

• Morlock
    started a topic US Blizzard of Ozz Tour and the song Believer

US Blizzard of Ozz Tour and the song Believer

Hey everybody. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been on a Ozzy/Randy live bootleg kick and noticed something interesting about the song Believer (and it's lyrics).

Here are the lyrics as sung on the US Blizzard of Ozz tour:

Watching the time go and feeling belief grow
    Rise above the obstacles
    Doubts will arise though like chasing a rainbow
    Speculation of the wise

I'm a believer, I ain't no receiver
    Mountains move before my eyes
    Destiny planned out I don't need no handout
    Speculation of the wise

You've got to believe in yourself
    Cause no one will believe in you
    Imagination like a bird on the wing
    Flying, free for you to use (okay baby)

I can't believe they stop and stare
    And point their fingers doubting me
    Their disbelief suppresses them
    But they're not blind it's just that they won't see

Speculation of the wise
    Here are the lyrics as sung on the Diary of a Madman album and tour:

Watching the time go and feeling belief grow
    Rise above the obstacles
    People beseech me but they'll never teach me
    Things that I already know (I know)

Dreams that have shattered may not have mattered
    Take another point of view
    Doubts will arise though like chasing a rainbow
    I can tell a thing or two (that's true)

You've got to believe in yourself
    or no one Will believe in you
    Imagination like a bird on the wing
    Flying, free for you to use (okay baby)

I can't believe they stop and stare
    And point their fingers doubting me
    Their disbelief suppresses them
    But they're not blind it's just that they won't see

Speculation of the wise
    I wonder why the lyrics were different on the US Blizzard of Ozz tour? The Diary of a Madman album was already completed by then. It was definitely intentional as it was sung this way on all of the Blizzard of Ozz tour live recordings that I've listened to. Once they kicked off the Diary of a Madman tour, it was sung according to the album lyrics.

Another cool thing I noticed is, if you listen closely enough to Believer off of the Tribute album, you can hear the US Blizzard of Ozz tour version of the lyrics behind the fixed lyrics that Max Norman pasted on top of it.

Anyone have any insight/thoughts on this? It truly has me puzzled...
Working...
X