Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Tony Martin on tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tony Martin on tour

Originally Posted By: Petoria000 Well there's really no denying a great vocalist. At this point I'm sure he's aware he can't just rely on his name to sell albums and concert tickets. Its not like Ozzy where he can just release an album and people will buy it because its the new Ozzy album. Tony Martin needs to prove himself again. If he's doing it by singing at small festivals and 500 seat venues, then so be it. People will see he's capable vocalist and decide to support him. I wish him the best of luck.

I think a good move at this point if its not a project with Iommi than work something with Yngwie Malmsteen , that would be killer !

Comment

Tony Martin Band to play Turkey. Info at http://www.jamiemallender.co.uk
      Jamie Mallender
      Bass Player - RavenLord, Exorcism + Solo
      www.jamiemallender.co.uk http://www.raven-lord.com
      www.myspace.com/jamiemallendersoloartist http://www.youtube.com/jamiemal
      www.facebook.com/jamiemallender
      - www.twitter.com/JamieMallender

Comment

Originally Posted By: Jamie Mal Tony Martin Band to play Turkey. Info at http://www.jamiemallender.co.uk

Sir why cant your band attempt a support role on a States tour ?
        My money is very eager to be spent on that event !

Comment

I would like nothing better. We'd be up for it I'm sure.
          Jamie Mallender
          Bass Player - RavenLord, Exorcism + Solo
          www.jamiemallender.co.uk http://www.raven-lord.com
          www.myspace.com/jamiemallendersoloartist http://www.youtube.com/jamiemal
          www.facebook.com/jamiemallender
          - www.twitter.com/JamieMallender

Comment

Originally Posted By: Jamie Mal I would like nothing better. We'd be up for it I'm sure.

Has there been any attempt to try ?

Comment

Originally Posted By: Eternal Idol
              Originally Posted By: Jamie Mal I would like nothing better. We'd be up for it I'm sure.

Hey Eternal, why don't u book them on your city? LOL
              Can't you see what I see
              You and I victims of Their word
              As the master of power
              Try to poison our world
              ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

Yeah may be they should try and tour in States and Europe.
                I feel once they get a good record label behind them they might be able to fund and can then may be do a world tour.
                http://www.facebook.com/cosmicchants
                https://soundcloud.com/cosmicchants
                http://www.myspace.com/cosmicchants

Comment

Originally Posted By: Ray Rules

This is actually a serious question towards Mr. Mallender and the band without all kidding aside im not a promoter , if i were i would try but im a big fan with money to spend and just curious why there are 0 attempts to try and latch on to a existing tour as a support act !

Comment

This is actually a serious question towards Mr. Mallender and the band without all kidding aside im not a promoter , if i were i would try but im a big fan with money to spend and just curious why there are 0 attempts to try and latch on to a existing tour as a support act !
                    Well, I think he don't tour on USA because that's the land of the pop. At least major rock bands arent big there anymore... americans prefer things like My Bloddy Valentine and etc
                    Can't you see what I see
                    As the master of power
                    Try to poison our world

Comment

Well, I think he don't tour on USA because that's the land of the pop. At least major rock bands arent big there anymore... americans prefer things like My Bloddy Valentine and etc

Wow dude thats real shallow thing to say ! Most of the people i know enjoy the straight forward rock of Sabbath , Purple ,Zeppelin etc i turned many people into Tony Martin fans just by turning them onto some of his work ! Also whats My Bloody Valentine a movie ???

Comment

Wow dude thats real shallow thing to say ! Most of the people i know enjoy the straight forward rock of Sabbath , Purple ,Zeppelin etc i turned many people into Tony Martin fans just by turning them onto some of his work ! Also whats My Bloody Valentine a movie ???
                        Well man, that's the info I got the internet.. I check the most selling rock records, and I saw only pop albums and emo things... I also remember some interviews where bands said that America isn't a big Heavy Metal country right now, that people there prefer nu metal and the trand things
                        Can't you see what I see
                        As the master of power
                        Try to poison our world

Comment

Well man, that's the info I got the internet.. I check the most selling rock records, and I saw only pop albums and emo things... I also remember some interviews where bands said that America isn't a big Heavy Metal country right now, that people there prefer nu metal and the trand things

Wow dude you believe everything you read ? If so i have a bridge here in NYC i own that i would like to sell you cheap ! When do Heavy Metal albums really chart anyway ?

Comment

Originally Posted By: Eternal Idol just curious why there are 0 attempts to try and latch on to a existing tour as a support act !
                            Why would you assume that there have been zero attempts to try and tour the US?

Trust me, you have the wrong impression... the band spoke of wanting to tour the US when Rover and I met them, but said it was very difficult to sort out. Tony Martin has been out of the spotlight in the US / Canada for a good decade, and most of the contacts in the industry that he and Geoff had from their time in Sabbath have moved on or lost touch. It sounded like a bit of a struggle. If you know of any venues / promoters in your neighbourhood that could give the band a foothold for a few shows to start, then by all means, bring it up with them and give it a shot! The band asked me to look this sort of thing when I returned to Canada, but I live in a pretty small town, and the metal scene is virtually non-existant, so I never heard anything back. I'm hoping to do some more fishing once I move to Toronto, figure there might be better luck in the big city...

Comment

Originally Posted By: Psychophobia
                              Originally Posted By: Eternal Idol just curious why there are 0 attempts to try and latch on to a existing tour as a support act !

Trust me, you have the wrong impression... the band spoke of wanting to tour the US when Rover and I met them, but said it was very difficult to sort out. Tony Martin has been out of the spotlight in the US / Canada for a good decade, and most of the contacts in the industry that he and Geoff had from their time in Sabbath have moved on or lost touch. It sounded like a bit of a struggle. If you know of any venues / promoters in your neighbourhood that could give the band a foothold for a few shows to start, then by all means, bring it up with them and give it a shot! The band asked me to look this sort of thing when I returned to Canada, but I live in a pretty small town, and the metal scene is virtually non-existant, so I never heard anything back. I'm hoping to do some more fishing once I move to Toronto, figure there might be better luck in the big city...

Well my friend for one i dont know where you and Rover met this band but im fucking jealous ! I guess my best chance to see them is somewhere in Europe ! Once again im not a fucking promoter im a fan with money to spend theres a nice club here in Jersey called the Starland Ballroom where ive seen UFO and other acts that are not real popular but what am i gonna do run in there and say hey im a big Tony Martin fan i want his band to play here !Get my fucking legs broke ! Were in Jersey for Christ sake !

Comment

Originally Posted By: Psychophobia

Well my friend for one i dont know where you and Rover met this band but im fucking jealous ! I guess my best chance to see them is somewhere in Europe ! Once again im not a fucking promoter im a fan with money to spend theres a nice club here in Jersey called the Starland Ballroom where ive seen UFO and other acts that are not real popular but what am i gonna do run in there and say hey im a big Tony Martin fan i want his band to play here !Get my fucking legs broke ! Were in Jersey for Christ sake !
                                Im in the same boat as you Eternal
                                Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

Working...
                                X