Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Joe Holmes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Holmes

What do you all think of his live work with Ozzy?

Plus his playing on Lizzy Bordin/visual lies

and songwriting on down to eatrh?

Re: Joe Holmes

I'm sorry, but who's him? My memory blows, but his name is familiar...
    Can't you see what I see
    You and I victims of Their word
    As the master of power
    Try to poison our world
    ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

I'm sorry, but who's him? My memory blows, but his name is familiar...
      Can't you see what I see
      As the master of power
      Try to poison our world

Comment

OH YEAH! From Ozmossis I belive,or he played on that tour yes he was a good guitarest.
        R.I.P. Ronald Padavona,Ronnie James Dio,DIO,Legend.

Comment

I really enjoyed his live playing. Great player, good metal sound for a strat guy.

Never heard the Borden stuff, but for my tastes, the three songs that he co-wrote on DTE were the only redeeming numbers on an otherwise abysmal record.

I prefered Joe's playing to Zakk's godawful squeal harmonics any day, and would have liked to see him stay in the band to record. IMO, he was shafted by Sharon, who wanted Zakk's more commercial metal appeal back in the band. Sort of like when she pulled the plug on the Ozzy/Vai/Daisley sessions, and had Ozzy release Ozzmosis instead.

Comment

Yeah he Should be back with Ozzy thats what I feel, coz Zakks guitaring is really monotonous.
            http://www.facebook.com/cosmicchants
            https://soundcloud.com/cosmicchants
            http://www.myspace.com/cosmicchants

Comment

Joe is a hell of a player. And a really cool guy. He & I have a mutual friend that introduced me to him a few years ago. I never heard him with Lizzy, but I saw him play with David Lee Roth right after Jason Becker had to leave Roth's band due to his illness. He held his own easliy.

I agree his material on DTE was great. Although Zakk's sound and style was as definitive to Ozzy as Rhoads was. Joe didn't get much of a shot to really plug himself into Ozzy's sound though.
              I do really wish Joe was still with Ozz cause I think Black Rain would've seriously benefitted.
              The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

I liked Joe Holmes. I wonder whatever happened to him??

Comment

He's Zakk's roadie/guitar tech.

Comment

Originally Posted By: SDMF Jon He's Zakk's roadie/guitar tech.
                    Really? No shit?
                    Can't you see what I see
                    As the master of power
                    Try to poison our world

Comment

Well, I may have embellished a little bit.....in an interview shortly after "Down to Earth" was released, Zakk was asked in an interview how he felt about Joe playing with Ozzy during his absence. Zakk said something to the effect of, "He carried my guitar case for a while, but it's good to be back with Oz."

I just assumed it was a permanent position.

Comment

I like Joe's playing, but Zakk owns.

Comment

Joe can be heard on the album version of "Walk on Water." That's his only studio recording with Ozzy. He's actually attempting to imitate Zakk's style/tone.

Comment

My friend that knew him is a drummer and played with him in one of his post Lizzy, pre Ozzy bands. After Ozzy, Joe tried to get my friend to play with him in a new band. But by then my friend had moved out of the L.A. area. Joe also had an album recorded of material featuring Mike Bordin, and Robert Trujillio that was done while Sabbath were doing the first Reunion tour. This wasn't for an Ozzy solo album. At this point I don't remember who was doing vocals althogh I remember Joe telling me when I met him a few years ago. Anyway it's irrelevant since it never came out I guess.

The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

I heard they done a disc and it was never released. I also heard he is born again and quit playing metal.

Comment

Working...
                              X