No announcement yet.

Bible Black Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had the song for a few days now and have been cycling it with the tracks from The Dio Years. I personally love the new song. I was sort of expecting it to be a fast paced song, ala Neon Knights or TV Crimes... so the soft, acoustic intro kind of caught me off guard.

Tony's lead lines during the intro are sweet... then it kicks in! Just like a sledgehammer upside the head! The question now is how the heck do I wait until the album is released???

All three Sabbath albums with Dio are great in their own way. It's tough to pick this over that, or that over this... I love all three for various reasons. From what I have heard so far, The Devil You Know is going to find its way into my list of favourite albums.

One thought... Bible Black is 6:31 long, The Devil Cried was 6:01, Shadow Of The Wind was 5:40 and Ear In The Wall clocks in the shortest at 4:05. The new album has ten songs... with an average length of 5 + minutes we are going to have nearly an hours worth of new Sabbath material, provided all the other songs are roughly the same length. With a tour to follow... 2009 is shaping up to be a great year!

I've also heard that The Devil You Know will be released as a Special Edition, which will have a DVD with rehearsals included. Anyone know anything about this?

This is my first post though I have been coming to the site for years. Glad to find you guys!
    Last edited by Dr Death; 03-30-2009, 11:46 AM.
    Let me go I've found addiction
    And it makes me feel alive...
    + Take me back +
    I must have the Bible Black...

Comment

• Absolutely amazing!

Anybody else reacted to how un-Iommi the intro acoustic and electric guitars sounded? Sounds fantastic

I'm really happy I spent my last scrap of money on a Sweden Rock ticket, no earplugs required! :D

The blood runs free
      The rain turns red
      Give me the wine you keep the bread

Comment

• Am I the only one who things the main riff sounds like Evil Eye from Cross Purposes?

And am I also the only one who things the chorus sounds like Firehead from Angry Machines?

Nonetheless the song f'n rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Death View Post
          I've had the song for a few days now and have been cycling it with the tracks from The Dio Years. I personally love the new song. I was sort of expecting it to be a fast paced song, ala Neon Knights or TV Crimes... so the soft, acoustic intro kind of caught me off guard.

Tony's lead lines during the intro are sweet... then it kicks in! Just like a sledgehammer upside the head! The question now is how the heck do I wait until the album is released???

All three Sabbath albums with Dio are great in their own way. It's tough to pick this over that, or that over this... I love all three for various reasons. From what I have heard so far, The Devil You Know is going to find its way into my list of favourite albums.

One thought... Bible Black is 6:31 long, The Devil Cried was 6:01, Shadow Of The Wind was 5:40 and Ear In The Wall clocks in the shortest at 4:05. The new album has ten songs... with an average length of 5 + minutes we are going to have nearly an hours worth of new Sabbath material, provided all the other songs are roughly the same length. With a tour to follow... 2009 is shaping up to be a great year!

I've also heard that The Devil You Know will be released as a Special Edition, which will have a DVD with rehearsals included. Anyone know anything about this?

This is my first post though I have been coming to the site for years. Glad to find you guys!
          As of right now, there are only plans to release the special edition in the UK, unfortunately.

Comment

• I got the official CD from Rhino today that was sent to the radio stations.

I have to say, it's FAR better than the streams online when you hear the real one. What was lacking in the streams is the punch of Geezer's bass. It's a way better track this way.

It should go on sale via iTunes tomorrow as a single. Even if you're buying the album, go buy the single - costs $1, and it shows a little extra support for the guys.
            Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
            View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

• Originally posted by UnderTheSun View Post
              Absolutely amazing!
              Anybody else reacted to how un-Iommi the intro acoustic and electric guitars sounded? Sounds fantastic
              I reacted that it sounds very Iommi, and thought it sounds fantastic too. Tony has always played great acosutic snippets in the past. Its a great intro.
              Saboid Dubh - “The sun, the moon, the stars all bear my seal”……“Have you ever thought about your soul - can it be saved”…… “I don't want no one to tell me where I'm gonna go when I die”……“I am the world that hides the universal secret of all time”……“Nobody will ever change my ways……“Here I go again from the start and to the end”……

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
                I got the official CD from Rhino today that was sent to the radio stations.

I have to say, it's FAR better than the streams online when you hear the real one. What was lacking in the streams is the punch of Geezer's bass. It's a way better track this way.

It should go on sale via iTunes tomorrow as a single. Even if you're buying the album, go buy the single - costs $1, and it shows a little extra support for the guys.
                You lucky dog for getting your hands on the album early! Actually, you deserve it for maintaining such a kick-ass Sabbath site. Enjoy! I myself will definitely be downloading Bible Black tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by celt View Post
                  You lucky dog for getting your hands on the album early! Actually, you deserve it for maintaining such a kick-ass Sabbath site. Enjoy! I myself will definitely be downloading Bible Black tomorrow.
                  Agree 100% w/you. This site is exceptional - guy deserves first dibs at the music.

Comment

• just downloaded the single, sounds great!!!

Comment

• Any news on the video that was supposed to support the single?

Comment

• Originally posted by celt View Post
                        Re-read what I wrote. I got the radio release for Bible Black. Not Devil You Know. This has two songs on it. Bible Black in the longer, album version, and the single version. It's the latter that is now available for purchase via iTunes.

Originally posted by Rofocale View Post
                        Any news on the video that was supposed to support the single?
                        No change. It was never intended to show up at the same time as the single. I was told it will be released around the time of the album's release. Rhino made sure I knew it meant "around", so don't be pissed off if it isn't there Day 1.

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
                          Re-read what I wrote. I got the radio release for Bible Black. Not Devil You Know. This has two songs on it. Bible Black in the longer, album version, and the single version. It's the latter that is now available for purchase via iTunes.
                          Any chance of a CD single being available? iTunes is alright, but I've always preferred having something that I can hold in my hands as opposed to a digital download.

Comment

• I just downloaded the song from Amazon.com, sounds great! It is a 256 kbps download. I love having, but after listening to the album version on the streams, I am bummed that this is not the full song. Not a big deal, but just wish it was the full 6:31 version.

I am happy to finally have it, and for $.99, who can beat that. It is only whetting my appetite for April 28th!

EDIT TO ADD COVER: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ingleCover.jpg
                            Last edited by Joe Siegler; 03-31-2009, 12:18 PM.
                            "I can honestly say it’s truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

• Originally posted by GuyOfOwnage View Post
                              Any chance of a CD single being available? iTunes is alright, but I've always preferred having something that I can hold in my hands as opposed to a digital download.
                              I don't think that's going to happen, but I'll ask.

Comment

• We still have about a month to go until the full new album, but the first single is released today. This is "Bible Black", Track 3 from the album. To your right here is the official artwork sent to me from Rhino for the album. You can buy the song via DRM free downloads from various places such as the Amazon.com MP3 store, or at iTunes.

I've been sent a press release about the single, which does contain some good news about fans of the vinyl format. Here's the press release:
                                NEW HEAVEN & HELL SINGLE BIBLE BLACK NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD

Exclusive 7" Vinyl Single Available For Record Store Day on April 18
                                New Album The Devil You Know Available April 28 From Rhino

LOS ANGELES -- "Bible Black," the first single from Heaven & Hell's highly anticipated new album THE DEVIL YOU KNOW, is now available for download from all digital retailers. The epic tale was one of the first songs written for the new album and finds the quartet of Ronnie James Dio, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, and Vinny Appice in top form. "When you start off with a blockbuster like that, it makes the rest of the album so much easier because it gives you a benchmark to measure the other songs against," says Dio. "Bible Black" begins with Iommi on acoustic guitar behind Dio's plaintive wail before the rhythm shifts to a menacing stomp for the rest of this dark tale about a book of sinister scriptures. The song is also streaming at myspace.com/heavenandhellmusic.

A limited edition 7" vinyl single of "Bible Black" will be available exclusively for this year's Record Store Day on April 18 for a suggested list price of $5.98. The single's B-side features a live version of "Neon Knights" recorded at the band's heralded Radio City Music Hall performance in 2007. The 7" is available only at participating independent music retailers. For a full list of participating stores, visit www.recordstoreday.com.

I've been told there will be no CD release of the single. It will be released just on vinyl and the digital download. Additionally, there will be a music video made for Bible Black, but I've been told to look for that around the time of the release of the full album.

The single that is available for purchase is the single edit of the song, which clocks in at 5:01. The full version of the song is 6:31. The stream linked to above in Myspace is the 6:31 version of the song, so you can check it out there. There's also (in my opinion) a better quality audio fidelity stream of the 6:31 version over at the media player at Bravewords. Check that out, too.

Even though it's a single edit of the song, I strongly urge everyone to buy the single. EVEN IF YOU ARE BUYING THE FULL ALBUM! There's not a lot of these types of bands still out there all these years later still putting out good music. Show your support for the band, and buy the single, too.

They deserve it. And don't be scum and illegally download it. Buy the thing!

Comment

Working...
                                X