Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite Black Sabbath album (with Dio)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite Black Sabbath album (with Dio)

My vote goes to Dehumanizer for me. The brutal heaviness and Dio's furious vocal performance has really gripped me on this one.
    Heaven and Hell
    45.67%
    Mob Rules
    25.98%
    Dehumanizer
    18.90%
    The Devil You Know
    9.45%
    I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

I think that the most votes will be behind me when I say Heaven and Hell.
    "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Comment

The Mob Rules
      "I can honestly say it’s truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

Since I haven't heard The Devil You Know in full, I'm going to say Dehumanizer. Not one filler track on it.
        If you tried to give Heavy Metal another name, you might call it "Tony Iommi."

Comment

I've got to go with Heaven and Hell. The title track and Die Young are two of my most favorite songs of all time.
          "...live for today, tomorrow never comes..."

Comment

Heaven and Hell -Mob Rules -Dehumanizer in that order for me !
            The worst Sabbath era , is when theres NO Sabbath era !

Comment

Can this poll be put up again, say a couple weeks after TDYK comes out? Once we all have a chance to listen to it for a couple of weeks, some of our choices may change.
              "I can honestly say it’s truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

Originally posted by H&H View Post
                Can this poll be put up again, say a couple weeks after TDYK comes out? Once we all have a chance to listen to it for a couple of weeks, some of our choices may change.

Agreed if Bible Black is any indication of what this cd will be like than my thoughts might change also !
                The worst Sabbath era , is when theres NO Sabbath era !

Comment

Mob Rules needs some love.

I don't think the Devil You know beats H&H and MR but it is a much better album than Dehumanizer and easily the best work from Black Sabbath since the early 80's.

Comment

Dehumanizer rules. I can't understand how much underrated it is.

Comment

Mob Rules with Dehumanizer in second and H&H in third.

The Devil You Know isn't even released yet so I can't judge on that one yet obviously. I've only heard Bible Black and twenty-nine second samples from all the other songs.
                      If the magic comes between us
                      And we never meet again
                      Take a part of me away
                      'Cause maybe it's all above love
                      ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Comment

Originally posted by Megalomania View Post
                        Dehumanizer rules. I can't understand how much underrated it is.
                        Just cause' I didn't put it at the top doesn't mean there's no love for it. I love Dehumanizer and Mob Rules- just if I had to rank them H & H would come out on top.
                        "...live for today, tomorrow never comes..."

Comment

Mob Rules
                          Devil You Know
                          Dehumanizer
                          Heaven and Hell

First, this is just a ranking in some sort of order of these albums alone, so that doesn't really mean that Heaven and Hell isn't a great album, just that amongst these four, it would probably be the last one I would choose to listen to. I also prefer some of the songs on that album live than I did on the studio record, such as Lady Evil and Die Young

I have always thought Mob Rules was the better album for me personally...
                          I love Dehumanizer, but again, Time Machine much better live than on the album...I do tend to skip some songs on this album though.

Devil You Know is moving up the list but hasn't taken the first spot from Mob Rules yet...I still can't get into Turn of the Screw totally yet. The overall song is good, I just am having a hard time getting past certain points of that song.

Comment

Heaven And Hell

Comment

All great, but I'm giving the edge to "Dehumanizer."
                              Is it just me, or does somebody else believe it?
                              I'm not alone, and I'm not afraid.
                              There's just one thing to say, after all.

Comment

Working...
                              X