Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Devil You Know Cover Art do you Prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Devil You Know Cover Art do you Prefer?

UPDATE: There is a poll on the main page of the site now that you don't have to be a member of the forums to vote on. Check it out.

I'll stick one of these on the main site shortly, but I wanted to do a poll here, too. Simple, which of the covers do you prefer?

The conventional one
    58.25%
    The Wal-Mart version
    36.89%
    Neither / No Preference
    4.85%
    Last edited by Joe Siegler; 04-21-2009, 09:49 PM.
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    I'll stick one of these on the main site shortly, but I wanted to do a poll here, too. Simple, which of the covers do you prefer?
    my question is, why does walmart have a different cover?
    Last edited by Joe Siegler; 04-20-2009, 08:37 PM. Reason: Removed pointless quote of images
    SDMF - CEMS for life!

Comment

Look around. There's a thread about it, and it's really not that hard to find...

As for me, I prefer the alternate, Wal-Mart version. I think it gives a better representation of the band then the other.
      "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Comment

I picked the original one. It was there first, and if I wanted an alternate cover, I'd print it out instead of buying another album.
        "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Originally posted by thehodge View Post
          my question is, why does walmart have a different cover?
          My question is, doesn't anyone read before asking these days?

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

I actually quite like the alternate cover. It is more subtle, whereas the standard cover is more blatant. I'm hoping the vinyl has the standard cover, so I can pick up the alternate CD version.

Comment

I like the regular cover the best. The image they used for it was a really neat piece of art, and it reflects the imagery of the band. It may be considered "cliche" or "trite" by today's standards, but since they sort of started this whole movement, they can get away with it. And it really does look sinister, I think.

However, that being said, the Walmart cover is pretty cool. I always did like the winged angel/demon figure. However, it looks fairly close to what I thought the Bible Black single cover was supposed to look like... I'm not a fan of all this "symmetrical design" stuff going on though. We had it with RCMH, and it's on the border of that one, and The Dio Years sort of had it going on. It looks a bit tacky as an afterthought. Also, the little yellow image I can't make out what it is. I think a yellow block with a silver cross outlined in black would've fit perfectly there.

Comment

Originally posted by TeresofBlood View Post
                I actually quite like the alternate cover. It is more subtle, whereas the standard cover is more blatant. I'm hoping the vinyl has the standard cover, so I can pick up the alternate CD version.
                I don't mind the blatantness of the original, but there is a blatant message in the alternate that I like better. Namely, the giant Black-Sabbath Henry logo to pound it into people's heads who the band REALLY is. Its not sneaked onto the banner, or in the corner somewhere, its right out in front. Great idea, so THANK YOU Walmart for not having the balls to put the original on your shelves. The real message is even clearer now.
                Damian
                Super Moderator
                Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

I choose option 4: Joe Siegler's edit.
                  If you tried to give Heavy Metal another name, you might call it "Tony Iommi."

Comment

Originally posted by Gaun† View Post
                    I choose option 4: Joe Siegler's edit.
                    I actually thought about putting that in the poll, but decided I didn't want to gum up the results with a joke option.

Comment

I like the original cover plus I rather have the CD/DVD version and LP. I think the first cover fits better previous Dio era sabbath albums.

Comment

i was going to get it off Itunes, but now I think i'll opt for the walmart version, its a classic looking design. i wonder if it may outsell the other cover?
                        Saboid Dubh - “The sun, the moon, the stars all bear my seal”……“Have you ever thought about your soul - can it be saved”…… “I don't want no one to tell me where I'm gonna go when I die”……“I am the world that hides the universal secret of all time”……“Nobody will ever change my ways……“Here I go again from the start and to the end”……

Comment

I much rather the alternate Wal Mart version 100,000 % better than the original satan monster bozo clown.

Comment

Screw the WALLY World cover. This was done to please the more family friendly nature of that store. Sorry but they won't sell any item that has any controversay R rated lyrics or covers. I know I will get a lot of rebuff from this but I just feel for entertainment items I only go to the local independed record store or DVD place.

Comment

Originally posted by RedZero View Post
                              I much rather the alternate Wal Mart version 100,000 % better than the original satan monster bozo clown.
                              i really began disliking the original cover when i saw that trailer from Rhino, with those fricking tongues.
                              Saboid Dubh - “The sun, the moon, the stars all bear my seal”……“Have you ever thought about your soul - can it be saved”…… “I don't want no one to tell me where I'm gonna go when I die”……“I am the world that hides the universal secret of all time”……“Nobody will ever change my ways……“Here I go again from the start and to the end”……

Comment

Working...
                              X