Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone get Bible Black 7" Single release? - Help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone get Bible Black 7" Single release? - Help please!

Did anybody else have luck finding the supposed 7" single for Bible Black that was supposed to be available for Record Store Day (April 18)? I looked locally and couldn't find any.

Originally posted by Vegetaman View Post
    Did anybody else have luck finding the supposed 7" single for Bible Black that was supposed to be available for Record Store Day (April 18)? I looked locally and couldn't find any.
    Well I tried here to ask around various record stores... I was told they tried really hard to get some copies but were not able to get them (In Ottawa Canada). I even went to the actual stores on the record stores day this past saturday (just in case they were keeping it a "secret" of some sort) and they didn't have any copies.

My only hope was the preorder link that was posted on this site at cduniverse... I preordered it and it was quickly put "on hold/Out of stock" followed with an email saying that they had problems getting this item too. By some chance, I received an email saying that it was shipped today!

Comment

Originally posted by montferrand View Post
      Well I tried here to ask around various record stores... I was told they tried really hard to get some copies but were not able to get them (In Ottawa Canada). I even went to the actual stores on the record stores day this past saturday (just in case they were keeping it a "secret" of some sort) and they didn't have any copies.

My only hope was the preorder link that was posted on this site at cduniverse... I preordered it and it was quickly put "on hold/Out of stock" followed with an email saying that they had problems getting this item too. By some chance, I received an email saying that it was shipped today!
      Dang. Well maybe there's still a chance my local store will get it in... But it sounds doubtful. Oh well.

Comment

anyone get Bible Black 7" Single release? / HELP PLEASE

did anyone else here try to buy the new single that was set to be released on RSD-record store day (this past sat.- 4/18)? i went to the RSD webite typed my zipcode and called every store within 60 miles and not one of the stores recieved Bible Black. Those of you that tried to buy the single please post your story as to whether you were able to get it or not. thanks in advance!

Joey Niji

"make elves not war"- RJD

Comment

You are not alone in this, sir. I went to my local record store on RSD and they didn't get a single copy in. Nor have they as of today. Quite disheartening.

Comment

I also haven't seen this on any netstore...I've been trying to find it! I would so love to get my hands on a copy!

Comment

Hi guys, here's a way to get a copy.

This single has been released as special item the record store day. I had ordered 5 copies of this one some days before mentioned day, too bad the record shop had one rule, they don't keep items for you if anybody looks for the same item during the record store day, that was the concept of the record store day. But if there are items left at the end of it, now there's the chance to put your hands on one or more copies, this thing is starting to get a bit expensive on ebay. Ah. that record store sold out all copies of Bible Black, they've told me I could have maybe one later in the week, at least I got the new Slayer single, nice song. I'm suggesting you to do what I'm gonna do later today and that's writing a mail to one of these record shops. Surely you'll get one that still has the single, just be patient and you'll be rewarded.

http://www.recordstoreday.com/Venues

Comment

I got a late start on RS-Day, so no I didn't get one either. Guy at the store said they were lined up when the doors opened and all the H&H singles got gone in a hurry. He said they just got a few anyway.

On the bright side, it looks like there's quite a bit of anticipation for the new album. Perhaps the album will sell really well too and they'll decide to come to Atlanta next time around.

Anyone know how many were made?

I tried Criminal Records in Atlanta
                Last edited by danmac; 04-21-2009, 09:16 PM.
                And if the sun never shined on us, the night time has fruit of the vine High on Fire-Brother in the Wind

Comment

5000 made. Late start on RS-day, managed to find one copy out of nine stores, Newbury Comics had it. Never saw the Slayer at all.

All the best,
                  PAULIE
                  Last edited by Paulie 88; 04-21-2009, 01:01 PM. Reason: Identifying store.
                  http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UoulA6r90n...ill%2Bward.JPG

Comment

I was asked by someone at Rhino about how people's experiences were finding this. If you're posting here, please say where you tried to find it, please. I was told it wasn't available in Canada.

Those of you who have already posted, can you edit your msgs (if you still can) to say where you tried to find it? Thanks.
                    Last edited by Joe Siegler; 04-21-2009, 01:00 PM.
                    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

I have 2 copies on hold at CO-OP records in Clinton, IA picking them up tomorrow when I see my grandma lol. I called another store, and they were out..

Comment

I showed this thread to Rhino, and they wrote me back with a list of stores who had the thing.

THE EDGE
                        RASPUTIN RECORDS INC

ZIA ENTERPRISES INC
                        LOONEY TUNES INC
                        F A B DISTRIBUTION
                        NEWBURY COMICS INC.
                        MUSIC CITY RECORD DIST
                        SUPER D
                        DIMPLE RECORDS, INC.
                        HOLLYWOOD AMOEBA
                        VALUE MUSIC CONCEPTS INC
                        UNITED RECORD PRESSING
                        EXCLUSIVE COMPANY INC
                        VINTAGE VINYL RECORDS INC (NJ)
                        BULL MOOSE MUSIC
                        INDEPENDENT RECORDS
                        MY MIND'S EYE
                        VINTAGE VINYL INC (ST. LOUIS)
                        TRANSCONTINENT RECORD SALE
                        FINGERPRINTS
                        TWIST & SHOUT
                        HOMER'S ACQUISTION CORP
                        MILLENNIUM ENTERPRISES INC
                        COBRASIDE DISTRIBUTION INC
                        CACTUS MUSIC LLC
                        BOP SHOP RECORDS
                        SILVER PLATTERS LLC
                        MAD-RHINO INC
                        GOTHAM DISTRIBUTING CO.
                        STREETLIGHT RECORDS
                        SOUND GARDEN INC, THE
                        PRINCETON RECORD EXCHANGE
                        RESURRECTION RECORDS INC
                        J & R ELECTRONICS INC.
                        HAIGHT STREET AMOEBA INC
                        WATERLOO RECORDS
                        COIRO CORP
                        HOLT ENTERPRISES INC
                        GREY WHALE
                        SONIC BOOM RECORDS
                        DESTINY MUSIC LLC
                        EAR X-TACY INC
                        FOREVER YOUNG RECORDS
                        RECORD EXCHANGE
                        DISC EXCHANGE, INC.
                        BEVERLY RECORD & COSTUME
                        DEARBORN MUSIC
                        JACKS MUSIC SHOP
                        SCOTTI'S RECORD SHOPS
                        AKA MUSIC
                        ROCK-A-BILLY'S NEW&USED CD&TAP
                        PARK AVE.
                        SOUND EXCHANGE INC
                        PLAN 9 RECORDS
                        DOWN IN THE VALLEY INC
                        AMOEBA MUSIC INC
                        GOOD RECORDS
                        THE RECORD COLLECTOR
                        OZ ENTERPRISES INC
                        SKINNIES RECORDS
                        HUNGRY EAR
                        WAX N FACTS INC
                        CD CONNECTION INC
                        CRIMINAL RECORDS
                        RECORD ARCHIVE, INC.
                        ORIGAMI MUSIC LLC
                        DAVE WOLFSON ENT/VINYL FEVER
                        EUCLID RECORDS LLC
                        M-THEORY MUSIC
                        GRIMEY'S PRELOVED MUSIC
                        JACKPOT RECORDS
                        SHAKE IT RECORDS
                        LOU'S RECORDS
                        BEAT, THE
                        CROOKED BEAT RECORDS
                        ELECTRIC FETUS, THE
                        DECATUR CD
                        DISC & DAT, INC.
                        EIDE'S ENTERTAINMENT INC
                        CD CENTRAL
                        JJ LTD/EAGLE VLY MUSIC CO.
                        ROLLING STONE CORP
                        RAGS & RECORDS INC
                        EASY STREET RECORDS
                        Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                        View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

I went to CO-OP records in East Peoria, Illinois. It's right near where I go to college. They were on a list of stores participating in Record Store Day, so I figured they would perhaps have it, but alas they did not.

EDIT: Whoops. Yep, they're definitely not on that list. Oh well. I'm assuming all of the copies went fairly fast.

Ah, I also didn't know the single would be limited to 5000 copies. Otherwise I'd have figured my odds of getting it were pretty slim.

Comment

Well obviously that's why I was not able to find it near my local area (even online shops). Canada is out of the loop it seems. Also, only 5000 copies made? Vertigo records in Ottawa specifically told me that they were not able to get it in stock (he also mentioned the Slayer thing too).

Well did they say anything about cduniverse having it in stock as well? Because they are shipping one to me (shipped monday). Unless it is not the good item...

Anybody else had luck with cduniverse? I will post my update on this as soon as I receive it!

Comment

I got mine at Newbury Comics. There are several located in my area. The first one didn't have it, but the second one did. I listened to it. It sounds great in vinyl, but the edits made to shorten the song are jarring, since many of us are used to hearing the 6.5 minute song. It was worth the five bucks, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X