Anyone get TDYK on Vinyl LP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone get TDYK on Vinyl LP?

Has anyone had any luck finding the vinyl version of TDYK in stores? I search locally and had no luck. The salesman at BestBuy looked up the inventory in ALL Atlanta area stores and not one had it in stock---NOT ONE! I suppose I'll be forced to order it online.

Has anyone had any luck finding it? If so, what are your thoughts?

BTW: It's kinda funny that three places I went to (2 BB, and Hot Topic) had Coheed and Cambria box set of 4 records, but no H&H, the group they're opening for.
    And if the sun never shined on us, the night time has fruit of the vine High on Fire-Brother in the Wind

I've been out of the loop... but isn't the release for the vinyl version not scheduled yet?

Comment

Supposed to have been released 5/12.

Since I posted earlier I've found out that BestBuy has it on backorder...
      And if the sun never shined on us, the night time has fruit of the vine High on Fire-Brother in the Wind

Comment

Originally posted by danmac View Post
        Supposed to have been released 5/12.
        Hmm. I have been out of the loop quite a bit then.

Comment

I pre-ordered it from CD Universe, but I haven't heard a damn thing about it! Actually I'm pretty pissed off...but maybe there has just been some sort of delay...

Comment

I have it, had to order it from Bull Moose. Comes with a nice poster and the 4th side of the LP is just a big picture of Henry etched in the record .

Comment

I ordered by vinyl copy of The Devil You Know thru Rhino records. Two record set with a poster. It took only about 5 days to receive after I ordered the album. Sounds great!
              As you walk this path of life may you be greeted with kindness,compassion and happiness!

Comment

I got my copy just a few days ago...finally. Looks great, have yet to open it---don't know if I should, although I probably will. Got it from Amazon. Also finally got around to getting Doom Let Loose by Martin Popoff, looks to be a very promising read, worth the $$$ just for the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                  I pre-ordered it from CD Universe, but I haven't heard a damn thing about it! Actually I'm pretty pissed off...but maybe there has just been some sort of delay...
                  Same thing happened to me, sigh...

Comment

Originally posted by blackblood View Post
                    Same thing happened to me, sigh...
                    Well I finally sent some e-mail to CDUniverse and they said that they would check the order and get back to me asap. And they did, now they are sending it...hopefully by the end of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                      Well I finally sent some e-mail to CDUniverse and they said that they would check the order and get back to me asap. And they did, now they are sending it...hopefully by the end of the week.
                      I did the same, they are reshipping the item, I guess we have just to wait...

Comment

I picked up a copy in Montreal a couple of weekends ago. I haven't seen it around here in Ottawa; if any of the local stores had it they would likely only get one copy and it would be easily missed if it was snatched up early.

Anyway, I gave side one a spin last night and it sounds marginally better than the CD, but still not great (IMO). I played the CD at the same time and bounced back and forth between the two, which was somewhat painful because the CD is so loud in comparison, and didn't notice a huge difference in the mastering. Maybe not as compressed - the drums had a little more punch - but still quite so. I still found the bass lost somewhat.

Very nice packaging though. Top job on that for sure. Nice poster and cool etching on side 4.
                        montreal '86 / montreal '92 / montreal '94 / toronto '99
                        montreal '07 / quebec '07 / ottawa '07 / toronto '08 / philadelphia '13 / ottawa '14

Comment

I found the bass to be surprisingly well defined on many of the tracks. In fact, that is the biggest difference I noticed from the CD. I think it sounds great. Very soon, I'll be doing a 24bit/192khz rip to my computer and I will compare the sound then.

Comment

It shipped today from amazon.ca! It was also a preorder up to today (so maybe that's why some people are not getting their LP shipped?)

Comment

Originally posted by TeresofBlood View Post
                              I found the bass to be surprisingly well defined on many of the tracks. In fact, that is the biggest difference I noticed from the CD. I think it sounds great. Very soon, I'll be doing a 24bit/192khz rip to my computer and I will compare the sound then.

I'll have to listen again I guess. I only listened to side 1 and I was tired. I thought the bass was lost, but I could be wrong.
                              montreal '86 / montreal '92 / montreal '94 / toronto '99
                              montreal '07 / quebec '07 / ottawa '07 / toronto '08 / philadelphia '13 / ottawa '14

Comment

Working...
                              X