HEAVEN & HELL in Hellsinki June 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEAVEN & HELL in Hellsinki June 2nd

Tomorrow's the day! Already my 3rd Heaven & Hell show, I'm still guessing what the setlist could be and hoping for some certain songs to be played live...

I just managed to get to a backstage audience with the PSOF spokesman, hopefully the fan meeting succeeds to happen after the show as planned. Hell, it's only the 2 of us going there, hopefully nothing comes in our way at the last minute. I'm gonna give my Dio-esque collage work to Dio in exchange for a couple of photos and a signature on my The Devil You Know copy, my gut is already churning with excitement to say the least...

What I want from the show itself:

Atom & Evil
    Bible Black
    Follow The Tears
    Rock And Roll Angel

The Devil Cried

After All (The Dead)
    Time Machine
    I

The Sign Of The Southern Cross
    The Mob Rules
    Country Girl
    Slipping Away

Children Of The Sea
    Lady Evil
    Heaven And Hell
    Die Young
    Lonely Is The Word

---------------------------------------------

P.S. For those who know wrong: When Vinny pulls the high-raised tom-tom closer, pounds it at different distances and finally lets it go and waving, it's NOT a self-indulgent show-off and the drum is not going to fall. It's about the drum frequency which changes the closer/farther Vinny keeps the drum from himself. A tuning wire is attached behind the drum and when the drum rests vertically it's in its basic tune and the wire allows a range of tunes until it's tightened to its closest maximum position. The drum returns to its basic position by its flexible spring joint.
    Last edited by Sabbathman; 06-01-2009, 07:12 AM.
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Best of Luck of Sabbathman !! will keep my fingers crossed for you !

Comment

Pretty cool if you get to meet the guys. Well I'll be enjoying the gig atleast! It's gonna be awesome!

Comment

I will be living vicariously through Sabbathman for the next 24 hours or so. I hope you get to meet Ronnie in person. If so, I'm sure I will feel the earth quaking under my feet from such a colossal heavy metal conclave.

Comment

Yes, this is the day. About ten hours to go before gates to heaven and hell are opened. Sabbathman, hopefully everything goes fine and you you'll meet the guys.

Comment

Today is the big day. To quote that Sabbath fan who went crazy in the signing: SABBAAAAAAAAAAATH!!!

PS: Good luck for your quest to meet the band Sabbathman
            "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
            "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
            "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Yep...Couple of more hours to go...Time to take a shower and get ready for the 150km drive to the Icehall.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow...

Comment

Good show, but short, 1 hour 34 minutes.
                Same setlist as before.
                Sound was pretty bad but Geezer was very loud which was great!

Well worth 53€

Comment

Originally posted by Iznogoud View Post
                  Good show, but short, 1 hour 34 minutes.
                  Same setlist as before.
                  Sound was pretty bad but Geezer was very loud which was great!

Well worth 53

I seem to keep hearing about bad sound at these shows. Is it the venues or is it Ronnie or what?

Comment

Good show. I enjoyed the loooong Heaven And Hell (the song) very much.
                    Don't care which God you follow, whose promises you swallow.

Comment

GR8 show Just got home from the gig. I was right in front of stage and it was a a gr8 view . Sound wasnt that good, I know it would have been better at at the back of the hall, but It was gr8 to see the band in action just few metres from you. The screen in the middle of the backdrop was cool and the ligh show was stunning. I also enjoyed the long H&H, and so did the rest of the crowd I think. Bands performance was gr8, they really have welded together as the time has passed by, really tight gig. I would like to know was the sound better in the back cause in the front guitars leaked at ponts, not crappy but not good. Anyway, night was almost perfect, except I didnt catch Iommis pick And it was so close...

P.S: Cause my videos failed, I would be extremely interested of some footage from the gig, maybe even a whole bootleg of it (which is too much to hope for, I suppose)
                      "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
                      "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
                      "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

What a great show indeed! Just got back home and my ears are still ringing a bit as they should after a metal concert!

I actually thought the sound was pretty good, I was on Tony's side probably about 10 rows back, and it sounded allright...Much better than on the South American shows anyways...But they were loud as fuck.

Ronnie sounded amazing, to say the least, the little roughness he had in his voice during some of the SA gigs was totally gone and he sounded great, just as good a two years ago.

All the guys were having a really good time, they were smiling all the time, laughing at various things. Tony especially was enjoying himself a lot. It really shows that this band is in it for the fun of it, not because they have to be...They're clearly enjoying eachother on stage...

The backdrop screen indeed was very cool, and so were the gargoyles...They didn't show in the pictures from the SA shows, so I guess that was new stage set just for the European leg.

I gotta say that the intro to Children Of The Sea brought a tear into my eye again, just like last time...there is just something about that song, and now being 25 feet from the greatest quitar player ever mr. Tony Iommi that one cannot really describe....This was one for the books again...a true classic show.

I'll sort out the pics tomorrow and post them here...now I'm gonna go to bed and read some good old fashioned Donald Duck.

Comment

After reading all of you reviews I can't wait until the shows 8-14 and 8-19 that I am going to.

Comment

I'm still shocked they are only playing two songs from their brand new album. I was hoping (unrealistically) for the entire CD, then I assumed they would play 4 or 5 new songs... but TWO? Are you kidding me? Two measly songs when they have 10 new jewels. Come on, lets move forward and play the new stuff, maybe more Dehumanizer as well. The set is too predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by RedZero View Post
                              I'm still shocked they are only playing two songs from their brand new album. I was hoping (unrealistically) for the entire CD, then I assumed they would play 4 or 5 new songs... but TWO? Are you kidding me? Two measly songs when they have 10 new jewels. Come on, lets move forward and play the new stuff, maybe more Dehumanizer as well. The set is too predictable.
                              I believe they are playing three (3) songs from the new album (Bible Black, Fear, Follow the Tears) unless they dropped one since South America.

Comment

Working...
                              X