No announcement yet.

HEAVEN & HELL in Hellsinki June 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone for the great reviews and AWESOME pics !
    Sabbathman best greeting for you my friend ! Iam quite sure you had the time of your life and guess what ? YOU FREAKING DESERVED IT ! \m/

Comment

Originally posted by Rofocale View Post
      Thanks a lot for your awesome review Sabbathman. I'm glad you got to meet Dio and Vinnie.
      Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
      Thanks everyone for the great reviews and AWESOME pics !
      Sabbathman best greeting for you my friend ! Iam quite sure you had the time of your life and guess what ? YOU FREAKING DESERVED IT ! \m/
      Thank you very much for your appreciation and support, I try my best to carry the flag of our cause.

The night as a whole was THE MOST HEAVY METAL thing in my life so far. A third show from a superior band of heavy metal, a band that was only a distant dream 3 years ago. Seeing and meeting Vinny Appice and Ronnie James Dio with all the English speaking people all around there made me feel I was truly faaaar away from home....I still can't believe all this actually went through all the way as intended and hoped for. Some people have their wealth and riches in money, my treasure is HEAVY METAL!!!
      Last edited by Sabbathman; 06-03-2009, 06:38 PM.
      "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Congrats, Sabbathman!!! I'm very happy that everything worked out for you. Thanks for sharing your experience with us here on the board. I can only imagine what it would have been like to see Ronnie James Dio walking out with a glass of wine, and then chatting with him. Amazing, amazing stuff.

Comment

WTG Sabbathman sounds like a GREAT night for you. I have met Dio and Vinne a few times at a local club here in Louisville when he did his solo tours after doing Dehuminizer with Sabbath. I have a signed copy of the LA 59 Elf album a live CD and a few ticket stubs.

Comment

BTW, is anyone going to Qstock? Sabbath is Headlining in there (which you all probably knew)
            "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
            "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
            "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Videos are now online.

The Mob Rules

Time Machine

Comment

Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
                BTW, is anyone going to Qstock? Sabbath is Headlining in there (which you all probably knew)
                I would go, but few days before they announced Heaven & Hell's show at QStock in Oulu, I managed to buy a combined bus travel & festival ticket to Metallica's Sonisphere Festival in Pori for the very same day...It pains me like hell, but I've waited to see Metallica for 20 years ever since I was 10 years old. Metallica was one of the first heavy metal bands in my life. Hopefully I don't have to regret anything...Metallica has a serious obligation to really blow my head off there, since Heaven & Hell have already done that and more for 3 times already!!!

Comment

Well you will get a 2 hour set or more with songs from every era of Metallica.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                    I would go, but few days before they announced Heaven & Hell's show at QStock in Oulu, I managed to buy a combined bus travel & festival ticket to Metallica's Sonisphere Festival in Pori for the very same day...It pains me like hell, but I've waited to see Metallica for 20 years ever since I was 10 years old. Metallica was one of the first heavy metal bands in my life. Hopefully I don't have to regret anything...Metallica has a serious obligation to really blow my head off there, since Heaven & Hell have already done that and more for 3 times already!!!
                    Yeah, Metallica was one of the first metal bands I started to listen too, alongside with Maiden (atleast in finland, its usually other one of them/both as youre first band while getting into Heavy rock). But Ive found many bands that sound even better for me as the years have passed by. And Ive lost any interest in Metallica, cause they have released only one good song after Black Album, that being Fuel. And Ive never liked Hammet too much, his had lots of gr8 moments, but his solos are pretty much all the same: some headless speed picking, booring tapping there and there and as the frosting, wanking the wah wah pedal to death and tadaa, you have a Kirk Hammet solo. But I think that they are still really good live (thou Hetfields voices badass mode has decreased pretty drastically). Nevertheless, I hope that it´ll be a gr8 experience for you!
                    Last edited by -E5150 StarWanderer-; 06-04-2009, 05:23 PM.
                    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
                    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                      I am tempted to go too, but as I dont drink and its a festival gig... well, you can ake your own conclusions And I prefer indoor gigs cause the sound is overall better and dark is more suitable for a rock consert than a daylight . And its a loooong way to Oulu from Hämeenlinna + there arent any other interesting bands + the sonisphere is on the same day, so I dont know if there will be much attendance = Im probably not going Guess Ill have to wait till they will come to here next time ( I really hope that they wont put this project on ice, hunger grows while eating).

Comment

thanks Sabbathman for the great review! Shit, I was in Finland the week before... bad timing.

Anyway, I heard the concert (in you-know-where), and so far it's the best concert available of this tour I think! Full of power!!!

Comment

Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer-;
                          ...hunger grows while eating).
                          You're definitely right! I hope Heaven & Hell continues and Dio nails his Magica 2 & 3 in between while Iommi makes another true solo album with Hughes...I want these 2 guys continue together and on their own as long as possible.

Comment

Guys, did they also sell a tour book like on the previous tour?
                            When will you show me a sign
                            When will you throw me a line

Comment

Originally posted by Arjen View Post
                              Guys, did they also sell a tour book like on the previous tour?
                              I dont think that they did, I only saw shirts, keychains etc.

Comment

I am considering going to the Qstock gig. I'll be on my holiday then, so I think it would be a nice little trip to make. From Hyvinkää it's quite a long way though.
                                Sabbathman, I saw you in the audience on tuesday. You are hard not to notice. Just like on Undead Indeed.
                                Don't care which God you follow, whose promises you swallow.

Comment

Working...
                                X