HEAVEN & HELL in Hellsinki June 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arjen View Post
    Guys, did they also sell a tour book like on the previous tour?
    I did not see one being sold, but Vinny Appice gave one to one of the fan meeting people...

Originally posted by BlackStone View Post
    I am considering going to the Qstock gig. I'll be on my holiday then, so I think it would be a nice little trip to make. From Hyvinkää it's quite a long way though.
    Sabbathman, I saw you in the audience on tuesday. You are hard not to notice. Just like on Undead Indeed.
    OK, so now you know me and my show participation antics...

I tried to scan the people in the cue outside looking for any familiar faces, you included, but no.

P.S. My forum name on the Tarot forum is Warhead and I got the song live back then after screaming my ass off...
    Last edited by Sabbathman; 06-05-2009, 01:46 PM.
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathman
      What I want from the show itself:

Atom & Evil
      Bible Black *
      Follow The Tears *
      Rock And Roll Angel

The Devil Cried

After All (The Dead)
      Time Machine *
      I *

The Sign Of The Southern Cross
      The Mob Rules *
      Country Girl *
      Slipping Away

Children Of The Sea *
      Lady Evil
      Heaven And Hell *
      Die Young *
      Lonely Is The Word

------------------------------------------------
      * I got 9 selections out of 17, not too bad! Few more songs would have been more than welcome, but still we got a powerful show with a renewed setlist, not the same best of all over again. Hey, we got the tremendous song "Fear"! We also got the fantastic epic "Falling Off The Edge Of The World", luckily so. "County Girl" was only an excerpt from its beginning, 1-2 minutes or something like that, then they medleyed into "Neon Knights" as a closer.

Some people were disappointed about the setlist, but we all have many favourites which will always be omitted and certain classics will always be played no matter what. Hell, if they left some key classic away, then many people would complain about that! But we did get completely new songs, some new classics as a renewal, the good old classics we all want and - thinking positively - the band left us all hungry for more by not renewing the setlist too much, they left us wanting more and more...!

Originally posted by Sabbathman
      P.S. For those who know wrong: When Vinny pulls the high-raised tom-tom closer, pounds it at different distances and finally lets it go and waving, it's NOT a self-indulgent show-off and the drum is not going to fall. It's about the drum frequency which changes the closer/farther Vinny keeps the drum from himself. A tuning wire is attached behind the drum and when the drum rests vertically it's in its basic tune and the wire allows a range of tunes until it's tightened to its closest maximum position. The drum returns to its basic position by its flexible spring joint.
      This information is NOT true. I got this information from a drummer expert. He was wrong. I was stupid enough to write about it here. I asked Vinny directly about this, he does not use any tuning wires or flexi-joints while pounding the high tom drum, the whole thing is just part of the show. I already thought Vinnie just overhauled the tom drum and the adjacent floor tom so that the combination fell over in Helsinki despite the supposed flexi-joint I was told about earlier, but no. The tom drum just fell because there simply was nothing to support it from going over after a serious pounding & push. Back in 2007 I never thought it was anything more than grabbing a tom drum, pounding it and letting it wave back and forth - I'm not an expert myself and I was not actually interested about the whole thing. I was just "informed" about the wire and joint during a conversation about the show - falsely, as it turned out. So now you know.
      Last edited by Sabbathman; 06-05-2009, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
        P.S. My forum name on the Tarot forum is Warhead and I got the song live back then after screaming my ass off...
        I know. I was at that DVD gig too. I'm not on the Tarot forum, but I read it quite regularly.
        As Zac Hietala would say, fisua naamaan.
        Don't care which God you follow, whose promises you swallow.

Comment

I did not see one being sold, but Vinny Appice gave one to one of the fan meeting people...
          [/I]
          And that one was different than the one from the previous tour? Can you please let me know how the cover of this tourbook looked like?
          When will you show me a sign
          When will you throw me a line

Comment

Originally posted by Arjen View Post
            And that one was different than the one from the previous tour? Can you please let me know how the cover of this tourbook looked like?
            I didn't hold it in my hands, I only saw it on the table next to me. But as far as I remember it was the size of A5 and I think it had the Wal-Mart cover version of The Devil You Know. A little yellowish or light khaki-coloured pages, I saw only black printing on the pages. The pages were tied with a plastic spiral going through each page.
            Last edited by Sabbathman; 06-06-2009, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Ok, here are the key pictures from the night...

http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/album.php?albumid=18
              Last edited by Sabbathman; 06-07-2009, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Ok, here are the key pictures from the night...

http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/album.php?albumid=18
                Gr8 pics, looks like it was a divine confrontation for you. Am I wrong or is that a tear in your eye in the pic with RJD? I would do anything to meet the band, especially Tony and RJD, but It would ne awesome to meet Geezer and Vinny too.
                "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
                "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
                "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
                  Gr8 pics, looks like it was a divine confrontation for you. Am I wrong or is that a tear in your eye in the pic with RJD? I would do anything to meet the band, especially Tony and RJD, but It would ne awesome to meet Geezer and Vinny too.
                  Yes, it was divine. No, it was not a tear. Iommi's intro on "Die Young" took care of those already...

Comment

Updated picture folders...

http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/album.php?u=8153

Comment

You're definitely right! I hope Heaven & Hell continues and Dio nails his Magica 2 & 3 in between while Iommi makes another true solo album with Hughes...I want these 2 guys continue together and on their own as long as possible.
                      These aren't the sort to retire. I think Ronnie will be performing and/or working on new material until the day he is no longer able. Same with Tony.

Comment

Great pictures, awesome experience! I'm glad you were able to meet the band and present your collage. I had a feeling something amazing was happening there in Helsinki when I saw bloodied angels fast descending, moving on a never-bending light, phantom figures free forever out of shadows, shining ever-bright.

Comment

Originally posted by celt View Post
                          Great pictures, awesome experience! I'm glad you were able to meet the band and present your collage. I had a feeling something amazing was happening there in Helsinki when I saw bloodied angels fast descending, moving on a never-bending light, phantom figures free forever out of shadows, shining ever-bright.
                          Hey, that was a nice post indeed! Much obliged.

Yesterday I got one of the Dio meeting pictures out as a vertical high-quality poster, size A2. Today I'm taking it to be properly framed. A picture of that treasure will emerge soon.

Comment

I'm very jealous, Sabbathman !!!
                            But on the other hand I feel very happy for you. I'm glad you got to meet the Master himself.
                            Thanks for the interesting post.
                            www.distant-past.ch
                            www.emerald.ch

Comment

My treasure

I had the crowning moment printed as A2 sized poster and framed properly:

http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/album.php?albumid=22

The frame is made of wood. As you can see it has this outer rim which has quite an interesting and stone-like black-shaded surface which also reflects shades of grey and a little bit bluish and greenish shades depending on the amount and angle of light. The frame has a thin center line which is deep shining black. The inner rim is of silver/chrome steel colour. I asked the framesmith to use clear glass instead of a dimmer plexi glass or matte plexi - it's 50 % cheaper but it gives more visibility and clarity. The framing cost only 20 euros.

Comment

Nice picture man!
                                The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

Working...
                                X