Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Follow the Tears" should really be the show opener!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell_Awaits
    replied
    Originally posted by mds View Post
    Cool video. Now imagine it at the beginning of the show. E5150 segues into the intro keyboards for FTT. The concert hall is dark , but each time you hear those little jab riffs from Tony the lightning effect kicks in so all you get is a brief glimpse of the musicians. As the song finally builds to the formal opening you get a burst of flames up front and then Dio appears and begins singing. A throbbing, bonecrunching, headbanging way that sets the tone for the rest of the show. IMHO

That would be perfect.

Leave a comment:

• mds
    replied
    Originally posted by geezerbutler View Post
    Cool video. Now imagine it at the beginning of the show. E5150 segues into the intro keyboards for FTT. The concert hall is dark , but each time you hear those little jab riffs from Tony the lightning effect kicks in so all you get is a brief glimpse of the musicians. As the song finally builds to the formal opening you get a burst of flames up front and then Dio appears and begins singing. A throbbing, bonecrunching, headbanging way that sets the tone for the rest of the show. IMHO

Leave a comment:

• geezerbutler
    replied
    HH / just head banging to the riff

Don't drink from the cup of human kindness .....................
    It's a strange brew and poison to the touch
    Don't think that they're saving you the finest for last
    Or that you wanted too much ..........................

Leave a comment:

• H&H
    replied
    Originally posted by geezerbutler View Post
    Cool! Why the head to the wall????

Leave a comment:

• geezerbutler
    replied
    Follow The Tears Live ~~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP5j1...layer_embedded

Leave a comment:

• H&H
    replied
    I like the idea of FTT or A&E as openers. Both have some cool intro work, FTT with the guitar, and A&E with the awesome drum intro.

Someone said above kill the E5150/Mob Rules. I tend to agree, however a lot of the crowd is there for the nostalgia of the show, and this opener is what they want to see. The folks here, the Sabbath "Die Hards" want something different, but we are most likely in the minority.

Fast songs are always good openers, but a slow song can work. After All (the Dead), IMO was a fantastic opening song on the 2007 Tour. I was like WTF when I read the first couple of set lists, but I saw it twice on that tour and I really liked the way it set the show off.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Cricket
    replied
    That's what I like aboyt TDYK, it has alot of elements about it from early Ozzy Sabbath.
    Follow The Tears, R&R Angel (with it's Into The Void main riff), Breaking Into Heaven, sounding like something off Vol-4. A song by the way I totally missed the first few times I heard it, and too quickly wrote off, now it's one of my favourite. The story line is like a six min. noval, great lyrics!

Leave a comment:

• Borg
    replied
    Originally posted by TransAmFan View Post
    I normally HATE it when artists open with a new/slower tune, but DAMN... "Follow the Tears" would be a perfect show-opener!!! "E5150" into "Follow the Tears"... close your eyes while listening to the song and just imagine it in your mind. Great menacing gothic horror-movie intro, with the stage lights flashing just like they do during the "E5150" intro, plus the opening verse "Come lie on a bed of nails and slumber, Rise up but the hands all pull you down, My sunshine is wind and rain and thunder, I sing but I can't make a song", and of course, the chorus "If you want to know where I've been hiding all these years, Follow the Tears!" (since RJD was "hiding" from Sabbath for so many years...) Then kick it up another notch right into "The Mob Rules" or "Neon Knights".

Just a thought...
    Follow the Tears is a great song, however I am under the impression that it sounds a lot like the Black Sabbath songs from the Ozzy era. Personally, I could even imagine listening to the chorus from that song on the voice of Ozzy: "Follow the Tears...".

That is why I would not chose it to be an opener from Heaven and Hell, it just does not represent the sound from the Dio era. E5150/After all (the Dead) are much more representative from the sound that came to Black Sabbath with RJD.

My 2 Cents,

Borg.

Leave a comment:

• kakarothusain
    replied
    i just hate when the show 07' tour began with After all, it didn't work. i think that FTT (follow the tears) would be the best show opener.
    Last edited by kakarothusain; 06-11-2009, 11:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tonon BR
    replied
    Agree

One of the best of TDYK

As Sabbath has guitars riffs as a trademark, and FTT shows Iommi in a great shape, FTT could be a nice oppener.

Leave a comment:

• mike146
    replied
    Time Machine might not be bad at all....not a personal favorite of mine, but would probably work.

Leave a comment:

• Sabbathfan78
    replied
    Originally posted by mike146 View Post
    I have to agree with Rover on this one. Ronnie tried opening with Children of the Sea before the Heaven and Hell thing got underway and I didn't think that was good either. Mob Rules is a great opener, but changing it up for any one of the following works for me
    Neon Knights
    Turn Up The Night
    Nevermore
    TV Crimes
    Master of Insanity

The slow doomy tunes have their place in our hearts and set list, just don't like it for an opener. You want to get the crowd fired up and on its feet quickly to start the show...sort of like a good jab...then give them a few power shots of solid molten metal...topped off with the knockout blow of another blistering song to end the show.

IMHO of course
    What about Time Machine as a possible opener as well? I thought it worked well as the opener on CP Live. I don't see why it can't work again.

Leave a comment:

• Hell_Awaits
    replied
    Originally posted by Keyd View Post
    I liked After All the best for openers for the "Heaven & Hell" band.

The Mob Rules was a great opener once upon a time butt it is way past time for a change. I like the song but I think it should be removed from the set in favor of ATOM AND EVIL or any other new song.

I agree. Its time to retire Mob Rules. It is a great song, but we already have it on three live albums and a DVD.
    I say replace it with another up tempo song: TV Crimes, Eating the Cannibals, Buried Alive, etc.

Leave a comment:

• necrospasms
    replied
    Originally posted by mds View Post
    I have mentioned in several threads that FTT should have been the album opener as well as the show opener. The initial build-up sets an atmosphere like no other song this line-up has ever recorded. Instead of E5150, when the lights go down Scott Warren could begin the show with an extended version of the lead-in to heighten the anticipation. When Tony's chunky riff finally begins the place would go up for grabs. Although it has a slower tempo there is such a groove that you can't help but nod your head and pump your fist in the air. They can then go straight into MR without any between song banter, delivering a one-two punch guaranteed to to get the house rockin'.
    That would be bloody brilliant.
    But the Sabbs are a stubborn lot.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    To me Mob Rules is the best possible opener, fast, furious, and a killer track.

Follow The Tears is the best song of the new album, so I kind of like it to be the last one of the new ones played...I don't see it as an opener.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X