Bill Ward and Heaven And Hell 2009..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Ward and Heaven And Hell 2009..

Would it not be fantastic if Ward joined the band onstage for a track or two from the 1980 Heaven And Hell album ? Just a one-off gig or two at his own convenience. I think it would be a thing of beauty..

"So if you want to know where I've been hiding all these years, follow the tears.. follow the tears.."

That would be awesome. Heaven & Hell and Neon Knights with Bill would be awesome. And make it even more awesome by putting it out on the next Heaven & Hell DVD.
    I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

Comment

That would be awesome.

I wonder if the band has ever thought bout this idea before or anything. Be awesome to have Ward on drums for all the songs they play off the H&H album for a show or two sometime. Great idea and I'd love to see that happen! Bill Ward > Vinny Appice by a trillion miles.
      If the magic comes between us
      And we never meet again
      Take a part of me away
      'Cause maybe it's all above love
      ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Comment

I just realized, i was at Wards last gig in Minneapolis MN in 1980 ........(Black & Blue Tour)

consequently *IF* it ever were to happen, Bill owes Denver, Salt Lake City, and San Diego the gigs since they were the ones that got canceled after wards !!! HA

Comment

Originally posted by sandman616 View Post
          Would it not be fantastic if Ward joined the band onstage for a track or two from the 1980 Heaven And Hell album ? Just a one-off gig or two at his own convenience. I think it would be a thing of beauty..

They should have done it for RCMH ! Bill and band do complete Heaven and Hell in its entierty !
          The worst Sabbath era , is when theres NO Sabbath era !

Comment

Bill actually appeared backstage at one of their gigs in LA on the last tour, I believe. He didn't perform then, unfortunately... I wish he would.
            "...live for today, tomorrow never comes..."

Comment

Would be nice during an encore or two. But we all know that Bill had the chance to take part in this project and chose not to.

Comment

Itr would be nice to have Bill Ward do a song or two at the end of a concert. He was asked to be in the project but turned it down. He was also asked many years ago to be in Black Sabbath with RJD at that time he had some health issues he had to take care of. This is when Vinnie Appice was asked to step in. For some reason Bill Ward doesn't feel right not having Ozzy there. Why I don't know. It seems all Ozzy cares about is making money and law suits.
                As you walk this path of life may you be greeted with kindness,compassion and happiness!

Comment

Originally posted by joan View Post
                  Itr would be nice to have Bill Ward do a song or two at the end of a concert. He was asked to be in the project but turned it down. He was also asked many years ago to be in Black Sabbath with RJD at that time he had some health issues he had to take care of. This is when Vinnie Appice was asked to step in. For some reason Bill Ward doesn't feel right not having Ozzy there. Why I don't know. It seems all Ozzy cares about is making money and law suits.
                  Yes but if Bill and Ozzy are friends in real life and they have a certian chemistry musically together I can understand why he may not want to do anything with Sabbath that doesn't involve Ozzy. Also, don't single out Ozzy as being all about the money becasue the goal for anyone who's ever gotten involved in the music buisness is to make money and they're lying if they say otherwise.

It would be cool if Bill did join HNH for a couple songs. As long as he feels up to it. I haven't been paying attention to any news on Bill lately does anyone know if he's doing OK health wise?
                  Nobody will ever let you know
                  When you ask the reason why
                  They just tell you that you're on your own
                  Fill your head all full of lies

Comment

I agree it is about money and that is ok but in my opinion Ozzy has become some what of a joke with his Tv shows it comes to a point when you have to take pride in your work or career. Who wants to be known for acting stupid.
                    As you walk this path of life may you be greeted with kindness,compassion and happiness!

Comment

Nah! I'm ok with Vinny.

Comment

Unlikely Like Ward said "it's sabbath or nothing"
                        Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Originally posted by fishtowner View Post
                          Nah! I'm ok with Vinny.
                          Same here.

Comment

I may sound cold blooded, or maybe even rude for some of Vinny's or Bill's Fans, but...

Have you noticed how many drummers have passed through Judas Priest?

I honestly do not think, on the particular case of Judas Priest, that a change on the Drummer did ever make a huge difference on the sound of the Band. This is of course given the condition that all Drummers from Heavy Metal Bands like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Metallica, or Black Sabbath are very Professional doing their Job.

It's obvious that a change on the singer is the most sensitive change a band can make, followed by a change on Guitar Players, and after that Bass. Keyboard and Drums are not such a sensitive change in most of the Bands.

Based on this, I would say that Vinny or Bill are both Ok for me, but I would be lying. Bill is older than Vinny. On a Heavy Metal Band age is the worst enemy that a singer may have, but drummer is next. Besides that, Vinny have recorded already three Albums with H&H, while Bill keeps rejecting every invitation to join because he always says "it's not the same Band, his Band, if Ozzy is not there".

Summarizing all this, I find Vinny to be the correct one, and I also think he deserves to be sitting all the Drums because this is his Band. Replacing him for a show or two could feel similar to him like when Black Sabbath opened for Ozzy during the Dehumanizer Tour, I honestly do not believe Vinny deserves that treatment.

Bill Ward is Black Sabbath's Drummer (Ozzy Era), he should not be denied the right to be on a Reunion of that Nature, but he has not earned the sit on Heaven and Hell.

My 2 Cents.

Bill Fans: Please Shoot me!

Borg.
                            You and I, Victims of this World, as the Masters of Power try to poison our World.
                            Greed, Money's taken over their Souls, they're just Mechanical Brains.
                            Politicians don't know, they just don't!
                            Know... Know... Know...

Comment

"Cold Blooded"? No, more like just bold. And incorrect, in many ways.

So many secret things happen between a real drummer, who takes pride in his feeling and delivery, vs. a drummer who just plays the beat down.

Incredibely, your entire post was absolutely devoid of that comparison, which makes a BIG difference in drummers. Bill Ward, in his hey-day, was not a drummer about beats ... he was a drummer about feeling, and a drummer who attacked the music like he was the guitarist. Songs like "Black Sabbath", "War Pigs", "Fairies Wear Boots", "Iron Man", and pretty much everything off of Vol. 4, or all the way up to Sabotage and Technical Ecstasy, were STRONGLY influenced by the rhythm section of Ward and Butler. I promise you, that above all else aside from Iommi, that Sabbath's sound would have been DRAMATICALLY different if Ward wasn't in the picture.

Never in my life have I heard a drummer who played the drums like Ward did, and never since. Yes, Sabbath has had another great drummer by the name of Cozy. But, and no offense his Late Majesty, but Cozy's feel vs. Bill's feel is a very different Sabbath sound. You can't just replace a drummer and say that's "less important" than replacing a bass guitarist, or the guitarist ...

Led Zeppelin didn't continue on when Bonzo died, and the reason? Because there's not another drummer on earth that can replace the rapport he had, nor his influence on the music, which IS profound.

Judas Priest's music has changed tremendously with the inclusion and firings of their drummers. Les Binks' era of Priest was a very jazzy and more progressive metal flair, and when he was fired, Holland's influence was very profound in bringing Priest down to a very almost AC/DC approach - Straight forward, and more about the song than about experimentation. When they got Scott Travis in the early 90's, that completely changed their music to the heavy metal we know now. Is his influence DIRECTLY the reason for this change? No, probably not, but his influence definitely helped make it POSSIBLE.

Imagine Rush with Neil Peart ... another good example of a change of drummers ... their first album, Rush, was a completely different composition to their follow-up, when Peart was first hired, in Fly By Night.

Do becareful in downplaying the drums, and their vast importance to a cohesive band. True drummers know what it's about, and can do a lot within just about any fold of music you bring to the table ... probably a lot more than you are realizing. Different drummers = Different feel = Different music, and that's pretty much how it's always been.

On another note, try imagining Deep Purple without Ian Paice, or Queen without Roger Taylor. Good luck with that.
                              Last edited by Ryan Porter; 07-20-2009, 08:03 AM.
                              How could this poison be the dream of my soul
                              How did my fantasies take complete control, yeah

Comment

Working...
                              X