5 Least Favourite Dio Songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngryHeart View Post
    Wow, two people actually dislike Voodoo - there is a wide range of likes and dislikes on this board, but I must say I LOVE Voodoo.
    heh so it seems

Originally posted by Sporkman GB View Post
    Slipping Away and Over and Over-Filler imo
    I would put Over and Over clearly to my top 5 Dio-era songs any day
    Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally Posted by Sporkman GB View Post
      Slipping Away and Over and Over-Filler imo

------------------------------------------------------------------------
      This thread, like most others of its ilk, is highly subjective.

Comment

Lady Evil
        Turn Up the Night
        Slipping Away

These three I definitely don't care for. I can't really add another two. If you would asked me the same question a few years ago, I'd add Walk Away and Wishing Well to round out the list, but after listening to Heaven and Hell a lot lately, those two tunes have grown on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Daistoh View Post
          heh so it seems

Everyone has different opinions, I guess.
          My Rock, Alternative, and Metal review page:

http://deadrockanthem.blogspot.com/

Comment

Since when is E5150 a song? It's not anymore a song than FX is a song. Just because it has a title doesn't make it a song...
            "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
            R. Blackmore

Comment

1. Double The Pain
              2. The Turn Of The Screw
              3. Breaking Into Heaven
              4. TV Crimes
              5. Buried Alive

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                Since when is E5150 a song? It's not anymore a song than FX is a song. Just because it has a title doesn't make it a song...
                Yeah...But one has to choose 5 least favourite...and since there isn't a single bad track made by this suberb line up...it a hard task to choose 5 least favourite tracks so E5150 has to be on the list otherwise there simply wouldn't be 5....

Comment

in no order -voodoo,double the pain, turn of the screw,rock and roll angel,eating the cannibals

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                    Hey, I agree totally, BUT it does have it's own track #, so I guess it's just as much a "song" as Rat Salad or Laguna sunrise or whatever...
                    And if the sun never shined on us, the night time has fruit of the vine High on Fire-Brother in the Wind

Comment

In no particular order...

Turn up the Night (I don't know why, but I've never liked this song)

Slipping Away (Good album, but this track does absolutely nothing for me)

Too Late (Despite what others say, I LOVE the Dehumanizer album, and this track really doesn't go with the heavier elements of the other tracks)

Breaking Into Heaven (Haven't listened to TDYK enough to say for sure how I feel about all of it, but this track is definetly my least favorite)

Neverwhere (Another track on TDYK that just doesn't do it for me)

Comment

Lady Evil

hands down cliche` weakest lyrics.

Comment

Lady Evil is a great song, i think. It is very Rainbow-ish, but that's not a bad thing. I like it alot.
                          My Rock, Alternative, and Metal review page:

http://deadrockanthem.blogspot.com/

Comment

Damn right! One of the best songs on Heaven And Hell!

Comment

Originally posted by Sporkman GB View Post
                              Lady Evil is a great song, i think. It is very Rainbow-ish, but that's not a bad thing. I like it alot.
                              Yeah I agree. Heaven and Hell is just so full of good songs.
                              Where can I run to now? The joke is on me

Comment

I think Lady Evil has cheesy lyrics; not his best effort. It also sounds like a Whitesnake song from around the same time. I find Over And Over boring. I'm not keen on Slipping Away, nor Turn Of The Screw, but there is only one song I hate and that is Breaking Into Heaven. I cannot listen to it; his voice on that song is so grating.

I think Wishing Well and Walk Away are good tracks.
                                Last edited by Rusty Bullet; 02-26-2010, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X