• Show
Clear All

In no particular order:

Fear
    Double The Pain
    Letters From Earth
    Voodoo
    Lady Evil

They're not necessarily dreadful, just my least favourites.
    My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

Breaking into Heaven
      It think it was intended to make a new track like Lonely Is the Word or Over and Over as album closer. But the song isn't bad, It just lacks the moment it becomes great

Lady Evil
      Women are evil haha! Well I like country Girl with the same kind of lyrics, that one has a more romantic approach which I like more

Sins of the Father
      And:

Time Machine
      Both songs: not as great as the rest of the Dehumanizer album, which I think is very good. But I understand why Time Machine was released as single, it's pretty catchy

Only 4...
      Well the rest is great I think. I like Walk Away too, it's indeed a song with a Rainbow vibe to it in some way...
      I

Comment

Bringing back an old thread again

Time Machine
        Breaking Into Heaven
        Rock & Roll Angel- but it might just have my favorite Iommi solo ever.
        Walk Away
        Over & Over

The only two that I hit the skip button for are Time Machine & Breaking Into Heaven. So, I guess they really can't be that bad, huh?
        The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
        The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
        As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
        We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

Comment

The Turn of the Screw
          Double The Pain
          Rock and Roll Angel
          Breaking Into Heaven
          Master of Insanity

For me, in some cases, a Tony riff or solo could make up for a horrendous Dio lyric and/or vocal melody. That's absolutely not the case on these tracks. These songs make me cringe.
          Last edited by hipster doofus; 08-13-2010, 03:34 PM.
          ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
            For me, in some cases, a Tony riff or solo could make up for a horrendous Dio lyric and/or vocal melody.
            I couldn't agree with your assessment more. Great, and I mean GREAT riffs or solo's can make the difference for me on a Sabbath track. It almost happened for me on R&R Angel with that cool as hell solo. But, that beginning is just SO poppy, I can't get past it. One experiment in sound that Tony took that I didn't blindly follow him.

Comment

I honestly cannot name five songs that are my least favorite. Overall, I really like all the Dio-era songs. Have a hard enough time picking five top favorite songs.
              If the magic comes between us
              And we never meet again
              Take a part of me away
              'Cause maybe it's all above love
              ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Comment

Have to repost because in the 6 months since I posted my original 5 least favorites I have come to love Too Late.

1. Turn Up the Night
                2. Slipping Away

These 2 songs are the only thing that keep The Mob Rules from being better than Heaven and Hell in my mind. While I like 2 songs on The Mob Rules (Sign of the Southern Cross, Falling off the Edge of the World) better than any song on Heaven and Hell, I also dislike Turn Up the Night and Slipping Away more than any song on H&H.

3. Atom and Evil
                4. Neverwhere
                5. Breaking into Heaven

Comment

5 Dio Era Songs I dislike the most. That's a pretty hard yet easy task. While I don't truly dislike any of them, I can pick my least favorite ones. All the Dio Era songs are solid though, not a true stinker in the bunch.

Buried Alive, Over and Over, Eating the Cannibals, TV Crimes, and Slipping Away come to mind as my least favorite.
                  "I don't care which god you follow, whose promises you swallow" - Ronnie James Dio
                  http://www.reverbnation.com/breakingintoheaven?#!
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaki...916616&ref=sgm

Comment

Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
                    The Turn of the Screw
                    Double The Pain
                    Rock and Roll Angel
                    Breaking Into Heaven
                    Master of Insanity

For me, in some cases, a Tony riff or solo could make up for a horrendous Dio lyric and/or vocal melody. That's absolutely not the case on these tracks. These songs make me cringe.
                    You would have hated to be me in 1996

I was singing for a heavy-thrash garage band, we were doing mostly originals and some covers. The bassist just loved jamming on Master of Insanity so it became a ritual for him, the guitarist and the drummer to warm up with this before we began.

I would stand there and listen (never tried to sing it, I wouldn't do it justice).

I must say the song has a pretty impressive number of solid riffs (IMO) and lots of room for nice basslines.
                    Riffs
                    ________

If I had to make a list, I'd write Cozy Powell somewhere on there and then 43,084 drummers later, Vinnie Appice - hipster doofus

Comment

Originally posted by IommiRules View Post
                      Time Machine
                      Breaking Into Heaven
                      Rock & Roll Angel- but it might just have my favorite Iommi solo ever.
                      Walk Away
                      Over & Over

The only two that I hit the skip button for are Time Machine & Breaking Into Heaven. So, I guess they really can't be that bad, huh?
                      How could you hate Over and Over, it's got to be one of the best Dio era songs, the solo his some of Tony's best work, the riff is great, great playing from Geezer and Vinny, and great lyrics and singing, it's one of my all time favourite songs! Time Machine is also a great Sabbath song, it's like one of there trademark riffs. Walk Away is also a masterpiece.

As for me i can't name any Dio song i don't like, there all to good.

Comment

Computer God
                        After All (The Dead)
                        Sins of the Father
                        Rock and Roll Angel
                        Lady Evil
                        The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

Originally posted by devstorm View Post
                          Computer God
                          I can see how you wouldn't like the others because many don't but I love them. How could you not like Computer God?

For me it would be:

Wishing Well
                          The Turn of the Screw
                          Walk Away

Honestly I can only pick 3 . . .

Comment

Originally posted by SabbraCadabra789 View Post
                            How could you hate Over and Over, it's got to be one of the best Dio era songs, the solo his some of Tony's best work, the riff is great, great playing from Geezer and Vinny, and great lyrics and singing, it's one of my all time favourite songs! Time Machine is also a great Sabbath song, it's like one of there trademark riffs. Walk Away is also a masterpiece.

As for me i can't name any Dio song i don't like, there all to good.

And those differences of opinion are what make this Forum so awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Riffs View Post
                              You would have hated to be me in 1996

I must say the song has a pretty impressive number of solid riffs (IMO) and lots of room for nice basslines.
                              Haha, nah. It was more of a toss up between Master of Insanity and Sins of the Father. I agree completely, some nice, energetic riffing and basslines but Dio really threw it off for me. No real explanation, his performance just doesn't do anything for me.

"Killing rain falling down from the sky, crying with nightmare tears."

I've always imagined Christopher Walken reading this and I laugh a little every time.
                              ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve152006 View Post
                                I can see how you wouldn't like the others because many don't but I love them. How could you not like Computer God?
                                I just don't. Never really liked Dehumanizer to begin with really. Although TV crimes won me over instantly, and I think Letters From Earth is a cool track. But most of the other song arrangements irritate me. Where theres good parts, they're used as short transitions. And where there's parts that I would have used as a secondary riff or transition it's a main part.
                                Plus the albums mix sounds like a cheesy demo. I've heard demos that sound better then Dehumanizer.

It's just not what I wanted from a Sabbath album with Dio. I'm glad we got TDYK cuz I feel that is the "proper" 3rd Sabbath w Dio release. The album sounds huge and the song arrangements have a logical flow to them. But I guess thats why a lot of Dehumanizer fans don't like TDYK.
                                The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

Working...
                                X