X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None at all

Comment

Originally posted by devstorm View Post
      I just don't. Never really liked Dehumanizer to begin with really. Although TV crimes won me over instantly, and I think Letters From Earth is a cool track. But most of the other song arrangements irritate me. Where theres good parts, they're used as short transitions. And where there's parts that I would have used as a secondary riff or transition it's a main part.
      Plus the albums mix sounds like a cheesy demo. I've heard demos that sound better then Dehumanizer.

It's just not what I wanted from a Sabbath album with Dio. I'm glad we got TDYK cuz I feel that is the "proper" 3rd Sabbath w Dio release. The album sounds huge and the song arrangements have a logical flow to them. But I guess thats why a lot of Dehumanizer fans don't like TDYK.
      No hard feelings man. I was just a bit shocked that someone didn't like that song and wanted to know why you didn't exactly.

Comment

No songs I really dislike but if ya have to choose:

Eating the Cannibals
        Atom and Evil
        Sins of the Father
        Buried Alive
        Master of Insanity

Comment

Originally posted by IommiRules View Post
          And those differences of opinion are what make this Forum so awesome.
          True lol

Comment

Originally posted by H&H View Post
            None.

So little output by this line-up that I cherish even some of the lesser songs.

Walk Away would be my least favorite.
            Still the same answer.
            "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

"Children of the Sea"
              "Rock and Roll Angel"
              "The Sign of the Southern Cross"
              "Neverwhere"
              "Master of Insanity" (great music, but lyrically...)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve152006 View Post
                No hard feelings man. I was just a bit shocked that someone didn't like that song and wanted to know why you didn't exactly.
                Of course there's no hard feelings. I can't say I'm surprised when I see my favorite songs listed in threads like this. It just proves how the same music can evoke radically different opinions.
                The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

I love every single track Dio has done with Sabbath....But for some reason I just can't get into "Slipping Away" there has always been something about that track that i've never fully loved about it, I like it but I just dont love it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by J Hillenburg View Post
                    "Master of Insanity" (great music, but lyrically...)
                    actually, I gave up on trying to understand some of Dio's lyrics; without an explanation from the man himself I think some are impossible to understand. Like Holy Diver. Or maybe someone really clever and with access to whatever references are there, like I read somewhere about Heaven and Hell and Tarot cards (from the Fool to the World Dancer of the Universe, first and last cards, and the path between them)

In some cases, there is repetition of the same lines and stuff from song to song, particularly starting in the mid/late 80s

Master of Insanity is not one I have a problem with, it sounds clear and simple, it is not, to my hears, one of the problematic lyrics Dio wrote.

Comment

This is a complete list of Dio/Sabbath songs that I dislike. All the other ones range from good to great.

1. E5150 (not bad, just bizarre)
                      2. Master of Insanity (Led Zep rip-off + extremely annoying chorus)
                      3. Sins of the Father (blandness incarnate)
                      4. The Turn of the Screw (an all-around forgettable track)
                      5. Buried Alive (extremely boring/forgettable performance, but the Seasons of the Wolf cover of this song is downright fantastic)
                      6. After All (The Dead) (a good riff and some really bad vocals by Dio, he almost sounds like he's vomiting)
                      7. Over and Over (just plain boring, not even the great guitar work can save it)
                      8. Lady Evil (sounds like a really lousy Rainbow cover)
                      9. Walk Away (typical filler material)

Comment

What a bizarro bunch here. Have some respect for Ronnie.

Comment

Nah this ain't that bad...people have their opinions I guess.
                          But then again some people around here have made an art of bashing Ronnie when ever they can...Some even come to Ronnie related topics just to bash the man and nothing else...why would that stop when he's gone....I mean it would be civilized to atleast cut down a bit, but then again most of those people are far from being civilized.

Comment

In all honesty, other than Bible Black, I dislike almost every song on The Devil You Know. Now, if it would have been recorded 15 years earlier, with the energy and power Dio possessed at that time, the songs would have has more punch to them, so leaving out that entire album, we're left with their first 3 studio albums and out of them, my 5 least favorite would have to be:

1. Lady Evil
                            2. Wishing Well
                            3. Walk Away
                            4. Voodoo
                            5. Time Machine

Comment

Buried Alive
                              Rock n Roll Angel
                              Master Of Insanity
                              Walk Away
                              Double The Pain

Comment