Children of the Sea v. Children of the Grave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children of the Sea v. Children of the Grave

So which song do you enjoy more: Dio's or Ozzy's?

I vote for Children of the Sea.
    Children of the Sea
    65.22%
    Children of the Grave
    34.78%

I can't vote in this poll. I love them both equally. But while we're discussing "Children of the ____" songs, maybe you could throw in "Children of the Damned" by Iron Maiden.

You kill me, so I get you right back.

Comment

Oohhh... maybe that's a good idea? hehe

Sorry... I've spent about four hours listening to the 13-hour radio tribute to Dio, and I'm running out of things to do online haha

Actually, I've never heard that song. I'll check it out.

Comment

I am a HUGE Ozzy fan, but Dio's song is just FARRRRR better.
        7/22/04 - Nashville,TN
        9/2/05 - Charlotte,NC
        5/18/07 - Baltimore, MD
        8/16/08 - Pittsburgh,PA

Comment

This is almost asking us which era's best song is better, lol. Sometimes I think they're the best each one has done, other days their just top 5

I went with children of the sea, I just really love that song. I like Children of the Grave as well, they're both kick-ass. But the reason I went with children of the sea is because it has more dynamics.
          "I don't care which god you follow, whose promises you swallow" - Ronnie James Dio
          http://www.reverbnation.com/breakingintoheaven?#!
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaki...916616&ref=sgm

Comment

Wow. This is a really tough one...both are great songs, but I'd go for Children Of The Sea, the atmosphere on that one is just so brilliant.

Comment

Children of the Sea (but not by much)

Both songs are near the top for me in their respective eras. COTS gets the nod, because it is such an epic track. The mood is just incredible.

COTG has some outstanding, deep lyrics to it, and is such a classic song. It is hard to say one is better than the other.
              "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

Just to let you know, this poll is anything but arbitrary for me. For years, given how epic I find both to be, and how similar their titles are (I wonder whether they discussed this when working on the track) they've enjoyed a sort of rivarly in my mind haha

It's sort of a tough call for me, as well, but yes-- COTS is the winner by a hair.

Comment

Oh easily, Children of the Grave, for me. I love that song hugely. A classic heavy metal tune, through and through.

Children of the Sea bores me to distraction. It's painfully dull and a largely dud song, off a decidedly dud album.
                  "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Children Of The Sea

Both songs are great, but COTG only comes across as great when it's played live. On the album, it's not that great. COTS, however, is great both on the album and live. Plus, I just simply like COTS better anyways.
                    If the magic comes between us
                    And we never meet again
                    Take a part of me away
                    'Cause maybe it's all above love
                    ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Comment

Ask me a few months ago, it would be Children of the Sea by FAR. But recently, I have rediscovered Children of the Grave after so many years, and now I think it's one of Sabbath's best. Both terrific songs, but I went with Children of the Grave.
                      Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

Much as I love Children of the Grave, I have to vote for children of the sea. Pure class

Comment

Originally posted by RLP4ever View Post
                          Oh easily, Children of the Grave, for me. I love that song hugely. A classic heavy metal tune, through and through.

Children of the Sea bores me to distraction. It's painfully dull and a largely dud song, off a decidedly dud album.

You're kidding me, right? You're surely not for real. H&H a "dud album". In what universe? It's also one of Iommi's favourites, let alone just about every other Sabbath fan.

I voted Children of the Grave. I think that Children of the Sea is getting a lot of sympathy votes with the recent passing of RJD. There is no competition. The grave is an absolute iconic classic with that doom , sludgy and crunchy riff that made Sabbath famous. The sea is good, but it's just not in the same league.

Comment

Well, ahem, even though it should go without saying, let's see...

Better music, better flow, better tone, better lyrics, better vocals, better vocal delivery, better innovation. Yup, Children of the Sea all the way.

Comment

Children of the Sea.

It was upon hearing this song for the first time that Dio-era Black Sabbath really clicked for me. It just perfectly marries the epic feel and sense of melody from Dio's Rainbow days with the heavy doomy sound of Black Sabbath. Fantastic track
                              http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

Working...
                              X