No announcement yet.

Children of the Sea v. Children of the Grave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Children of the grave but when Dio sung it live.

Comment

Originally posted by paulsilence View Post

And as for the "stupid" comment, I mentioned it before: it was in good fun, an attempt to see which incarnation did a better job with their similarly titled songs. Just something I'm thought about since I was a kid. You can compare it to asking people which flavor of soda tastes better: coke or sprite. In the end, just a blow off contest, but people like you (e.g. the pricks) blow it up into a war of justification.
      I think you're being a little oversensitive to the use of "stupid". I meant it as "blow-off", just as you have said in your response, and seem to be fine with using, and I've hinted the same way in my responses. As far as "justifying it" you've done just as much to justify your points to me (that I didn't bother quoting, because I don't care that much) so the burden isn't all mine. You need two sides to have a "war"....

If that makes me a prick, then I guess I am. If I were you, I'd grow some thicker skin. Good luck with that.

Comment

Originally posted by BooSweeney View Post

If that makes me a prick, then I guess I am. If I were you, I'd grow some thicker skin. Good luck with that.
        That's basically how it is with everyone on these forums...
        "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Comment

Put all the kids in a gymnasium and let them fight it out. My money is on Dio's bunch.

All the best,
          PAULIE
          http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UoulA6r90n...ill%2Bward.JPG

Comment

No contest Children of the Sea Dio is a singer Ozzy is not!
            As you walk this path of life may you be greeted with kindness,compassion and happiness!

Comment

children of the grave

Comment

Misty morning bla bla bla bla over they say that it's over over over bla bla bla.

Yeah COTG is better by a million miles kiddies.

Comment

Originally posted by WarningRules View Post
                  That's basically how it is with everyone on these forums...
                  Yeah, I've noticed that. I know you and I used to have some good times on some of those Sabbath Facebook groups...so we both know about how it pays to have that thick skin.

And with regards to you Paulie88. Your opinions are awesome, some of the best I've read here, but remember, I'm on the Dio side. I may have defended COTG here, but I think it's clear where my allegiance is (especially if you get on YouTube).

Back to the topic though, I decided to give 'Children of the Sea' a fair listen today. One where I actually listened to the song, rather than let it play in the background while I answer email. Dio's vocal is excellent, but the song itself is just so...bland. I hear the riff, the bass, the drums...it's all there...but it's just so repetitive, and the solo break isn't very memorable. I just can't get into it.

Hey, I tried.

That said, I have a new appreciation for "Lady Evil", which I actually really like now.

Comment

Yeah, I've noticed that. I know you and I used to have some good times on some of those Sabbath Facebook groups...so we both know about how it pays to have that thick skin.
                    I want to get back to that. It's been quite al ong while since I've visited those pages... Maybe I'll give it another try now.
                    "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Comment

Weather Dio was still with us or not, I have and always will like Children Of The Sea better.
                      Nobody will ever let you know
                      When you ask the reason why
                      They just tell you that you're on your own
                      Fill your head all full of lies

Comment

Originally posted by WheelsOfConfusion View Post
                        You're kidding me, right? You're surely not for real. H&H a "dud album". In what universe? It's also one of Iommi's favourites, let alone just about every other Sabbath fan.
                        No, I ain't kidding, I swear. And trust me I'm for real. And oh, I'm from Mars. You from Venus, maybe??

Yea, you read that right; I called Heaven and Hell, a largely misfiring, dull, 'dud' album, because that's exactly how I've always felt about that album. I can't see how anything being Tony Iommi's 'favourite' has anything at all to do with what I feel and say---about Black Sabbath songs/albums etc. Btw, what convinces you that "just about every other Sabbath fan" considers H&H to be his favourite album, as well? I gotta wonder who's really kidding whom now?
                        "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

And with regards to you Paulie88. Your opinions are awesome, some of the best I've read here, but remember, I'm on the Dio side. I may have defended COTG here, but I think it's clear where my allegiance is (especially if you get on YouTube).

Back to the topic though, I decided to give 'Children of the Sea' a fair listen today. One where I actually listened to the song, rather than let it play in the background while I answer email. Dio's vocal is excellent, but the song itself is just so...bland. I hear the riff, the bass, the drums...it's all there...but it's just so repetitive, and the solo break isn't very memorable. I just can't get into it.

Hey, I tried.

That said, I have a new appreciation for "Lady Evil", which I actually really like now.
                          Listen to the version off of Live Evil. I wasnt overly impressed with the song after just listening to the album version originally, but after I saw them live in 2008 it became one of my favorite Dio era songs. I think many of the dio era songs need to be listened to live to get the full impact. There is a huge difference between the two versions, by that I mean in the feel category.
                          "I don't care which god you follow, whose promises you swallow" - Ronnie James Dio
                          http://www.reverbnation.com/breakingintoheaven?#!
                          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaki...916616&ref=sgm

Comment

Children of the Grave. It was heavy, fast and everything Black Sabbath was about and stood for before they started punching dragons and sleeping with unicorns in the 80's.
                            ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

I voted for Children of the Sea. For me, having seen that song live in concert 5 times, versus seeing Children of the Grave only once, might have a part in that to be fair. That being said, it just flows so nicely, and I love the lyrics, and listening it over on the album (as opposed to my concert memories) reinforces that to me.

Comment

Children of the Grave for me. It's one of the best on MOR while Children of the Sea isn't one of the best on H&H...
                                http://www.last.fm/user/Gypsyroad

Comment

Working...
                                X