Announcement

Collapse

Google Ads Question

Hey gang. I just posted something asking about Google Ads on my website. I'd like people's input (and help possibly) on this. Please go over here and have a read:

https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/for...ads#post645883

--- Joe
See more
See less

Hammersmith Odeon CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it sucks when they come out with some rare show that they put in a limited edition set that makes people think I have to buy it now if I ever want a copy. Then a year or two later they bring it back out again in some other set. So what was a ultra rare show that only a few people was lucky enough to have turns out to be a semi rare show that most everyone has.

It's just a marketing scheme to get your money. But we do what we think we need to.....I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by LizzyRocks View Post
      Well, it sucks when they come out with some rare show that they put in a limited edition set that makes people think I have to buy it now if I ever want a copy. Then a year or two later they bring it back out again in some other set. So what was a ultra rare show that only a few people was lucky enough to have turns out to be a semi rare show that most everyone has.

It's just a marketing scheme to get your money. But we do what we think we need to.....I guess.
      That line of thought is one I'll never understand. Why on earth would the number of copies printed increase one's appreciation of something? It's still a fantastic show no matter how many copies are in circulation, and the original run isn't any less handmade than it was before.
      http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

Originally posted by Ellbery View Post
        I kicked myself for not buying 2 of the Hammersmith CD's when they came out, but I made amends by buying 2 deluxe edition Live at Radio City Music Hall. That was really an investment....NOT!!!
        Man 2 Deluxe RCMH! That's a steep one. I got the Deluxe and the CD/DVD regular ones. The problem with the Deluxe is that they didn't have them numbered, that kind of took away from the set, yes I know the music is what counts bla, bla, bla but if we are going to buy the same recycled stuff, we need some goodies to come with it. Other numbered sets did well like the 6 disk "The Collection" with a numbered 3,000 run. The "Cross-Box" with the 6 CD, t-shirt and Rosary also did well (2,000 numbered). The RCMH took over a year to sell-out and that was after they had to put them on sale a bunch of times.

Comment

Has anyone seen any LP versions of the hammersmith show for sale, either used or new? There aren't any on ebay and the one on amazon for 400 bucks is a bit out of my price range.

Comment

Originally posted by Iommip View Post
            Has anyone seen any LP versions of the hammersmith show for sale, either used or new? There aren't any on ebay and the one on amazon for 400 bucks is a bit out of my price range.
            $400 is way over the odds. Just be patient and one will pop up on eBay, they go for anywhere between $100-$200 on there. I originally bought one from Amazon when it first came out for like $50 or $60 and it arrived crushed so I got a refund from Amazon & I ended up giving it away to a mate. I didn't trust buying another one from Amazon as it wasn't the first time vinyl had arrived damaged from them so I let it go for awhile thinking I'd track one down on eBay, but the next thing I know they start showing up on ebay for 3 x the original price which I wasn't prepared to pay so soon after its release so I let it go. Wasn't until 2 years later that I got lucky and stumbled across one for $79.99 at a JBHi Fi which is a major music/movies electronics retail chain here in Australia. They'd had it in the store for for a long time apparently(#2765). It had slight damage to one of the corners so they discounted a further $10
            I have the limited edition CD as well that was released a few years before the vinyl.

Comment

I play my vinyl every so often. I like that it's heavy vinyl but three LP's is inconvenient. You have to flip and change the record every two songs. Heaven and Hell takes an entire side.

The hammersmith CD is still shrink wrapped after all these years so I have no clue what # I have.

If you didn't buy the record when it came out it's going to be hard to find. I paid about $45 when it came out I think. It's been a long time and don't remember. The record store had several back in the day.
              Last edited by RedZero; 08-09-2015, 02:42 AM.

Comment

The three vinyl lp version for 100 $ in Near Mint condition + 91 $ shipping from USA
                http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?master_id=302717&ev=mb

Comment

Here's a brand new factory sealed one for $120.00.
                  http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...n=new&qid=&sr=
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                  ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

I bought a copy on vinyl about a year or so ago. I also have it as disc two of the deluxe edition of Mob Rules. I think it stands on it's own as a live album, maybe even an improvement over Live Evil in some ways. It shows what Dio actually brought to Sabbath in the '80s.

Comment

Comment

I have this on numbered Vinyl and CD and Mob Rules Deluxe edition.
                        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Good stuff. I'll give it 3.5 out of five stars. I played this today for the first time in several years.

Frankly, I don't like the digipak format at all!! I would've preferred a standard jewel case..... but I digress.

Regarding the booklet, it's too bad Rhino Handmade didn't replicate the Mob Rules tour program, as opposed to the UK edition of the Heaven And Hell program that was used.

Be that as it may, my CD is #1178, for whatever that's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post
                            Good stuff. I'll give it 3.5 out of five stars. I played this today for the first time in several years.

Frankly, I don't like the digipak format at all!! I would've preferred a standard jewel case..... but I digress.

Regarding the booklet, it's too bad Rhino Handmade didn't replicate the Mob Rules tour program, as opposed to the UK edition of the Heaven And Hell program that was used.

Be that as it may, my CD is #1178, for whatever that's worth.
                            My name is listed on BSO when I purchased this via Rhino when it was first available, I've since purchased the numbered LP.

Comment

Working...
                            X