Mob Rules or Heaven & Hell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mob Rules or Heaven & Hell...

What's your favorite? Mines mob rules, I love the ozzy era, but I've just in love with the Dio era, so much power! You?
    Heaven & Hell
    61.97%
    Mob Rules
    38.03%

So many classic songs on two all time classic albums it's a tough choice. But because of the title track, NK, COTS, DY and LITW i'm going with Heaven & Hell.
    Nobody will ever let you know
    When you ask the reason why
    They just tell you that you're on your own
    Fill your head all full of lies

Comment

I also went with Heaven and Hell. It is much closer than I initially thought it was going to be but ultimately I love Bill's drumming on H&H and the songs are just a little better for me.

I do love MR though a ton. Close but a slight edge to H&H.
      Religion won't save me
      The damage is done
      The future has ended
      Before it's begun
      - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

So many great songs on both albums, but The Mob Rules wins this one for me, since there isn't a single bad track on it, even though the better tracks on H&H are better...But the two not so great tracks Walk Away and Wishing Well drop it a notch so that The Mob Rules can take the lead.

Comment

only one dud on mob rules and thats slipping away. imo walk away, wishing well and lonely is the word just take h&h a notch below mb
          Try your hardest, you'll still be a loser
          The world will still be turning when you're gone

Comment

Mob Rules for me. I prefer the more meaty and aggressive sound of that album as well as the heavier production. Also Mob Rules doesn't have Walk Away on it
            http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

Both great, almost equal, but Mob Rules holds a special place in my heart.

Comment

I love both of these albums very much, but Heaven and Hell for some reason just keeps me coming back to it more often.

Comment

Definitely Heaven And Hell, hard to beat the classic Neon Knights, Children Of The Sea, Heaven And Hell, Die Young and the brilliant Lonely Is the Word.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Kenneth View Post
                    Mob Rules for me. I prefer the more meaty and aggressive sound of that album as well as the heavier production. Also Mob Rules doesn't have Walk Away on it
                    I agree with this that MR is heavier and more aggresive, so that is my pick.
                    Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

Tough choice, both albums are killer.

Heaven & Hell gets my vote though. Also Heaven & Hell doesn't have Vinny Appice on it, so that is a strike against Mob Rules.
                      If the magic comes between us
                      And we never meet again
                      Take a part of me away
                      'Cause maybe it's all above love
                      ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Comment

Originally posted by SabbathKing93 View Post
                        Tough choice, both albums are killer.

Heaven & Hell gets my vote though. Also Heaven & Hell doesn't have Vinny Appice on it, so that is a strike against Mob Rules.
                        I know that Appice isn't exactly a Keith Moon or John Bonham or anything, but I still think he's pretty good at what he does and that his style of drumming suits the material on Mob Rules much better than Ward's would have.
                        http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Kenneth View Post
                          I know that Appice isn't exactly a Keith Moon or John Bonham or anything, but I still think he's pretty good at what he does and that his style of drumming suits the material on Mob Rules much better than Ward's would have.
                          You can't really say that bout Ward, because you don't know what might have been if he was involved creatively with Mob Rules. Obviously, since he would have been involved, the material would have been accommodated with his drumming in mind. I mean, I think Ward's drumming on Heaven & Hell is some of his best drumming. His drumming on Born Again is also some of his best, I think.
                          If the magic comes between us
                          And we never meet again
                          Take a part of me away
                          'Cause maybe it's all above love
                          ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Comment

Both are DAMN great albums, but I picked Heaven And Hell. Of course they are so close IMO that ask this question a month from now and I might have a different answer. These two albums are the ones that really drew me into Sabbath.

After the beating it took I am almost afraid to say that I love Walk Away. One of my favorite tunes.
                            "Dumb Ass" Red Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

Originally posted by DISCMAN1969 View Post
                              After the beating it took I am almost afraid to say that I love Walk Away. One of my favorite tunes.
                              I love it too. Solidarity! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X