Anyone see Sabbath on the heaven and hell tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone see Sabbath on the heaven and hell tour

??????? same as i posted for the ozzy era, did anyone see them on this tour...... thanks!

Originally posted by SabbraCadabra789 View Post
    did anyone see them on this tour...... thanks!

I am sure a lot of people did

Comment

I saw the show in Orlando, FL and so did a few others here. Here's a link to the thread I started with my old username, its has some pics I took. There are also some cool pics from other members on there too.

http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/show...do+heaven+hell
      Words laced with blasphemy, drip with sincerity. Falling into the plan, like sacrificial lambs. Hearing the words, and said rings like nail to the head. Now I can see the stars, I know we have gone too far.
      - OverKill, "Horrorscope"

Comment

Originally posted by MattSabb88 View Post
        I saw the show in Orlando, FL and so did a few others here. Here's a link to the thread I started with my old username, its has some pics I took. There are also some cool pics from other members on there too.

http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/show...do+heaven+hell
        I think the topic creator meant the 1980/1981 tour for the Heaven and Hell album.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
          I think the topic creator meant the 1980/1981 tour for the Heaven and Hell album.
          yeah i did, but great pics Matt!

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
            Ah, my mistake.
            Words laced with blasphemy, drip with sincerity. Falling into the plan, like sacrificial lambs. Hearing the words, and said rings like nail to the head. Now I can see the stars, I know we have gone too far.
            - OverKill, "Horrorscope"

Comment

I saw the Sabbath tour to promote the H&H album. Saw it in Providence. I can't recall who opened the show, though ...

It was better than the last two Providence Sabbath gigs with Ozzy, and better attended than the last Ozzy/Sabbath gig there. The crowd loved it, and the show was a success and helped bring Sabbath back to top form where they belonged (they'd been in decline for a while). Dio reminded me of a wizard onstage ... it was great to see the band well-received again.

Comment

Yes, saw them on the Black & Blue tour (with B.O.C.). Outdoor speedway on th eborder of NY & Mass. but I can't remember the name. A car was over turned and a person died there, I believe it put an end to concerts there, it made the press. I remember the croud setting a huge cross on fire and they started waking towards the stage with it, and Dio saying over the mic, "anyone got any marshmellows". It was a real wild crowd.
                "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                R. Blackmore

Comment

I saw them in San Antonio on this tour Remember it was much better than the NSD tour with Ozzy & wishing they would have played more songs from the Heaven & Hell LP - thought Dio sang the some of the Ozzy songs like war pigs pretty good. Really liked BOC live & became a bigger fan of BOC because of this show.
                  At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Comment

Originally posted by racer View Post
                    I saw the Sabbath tour to promote the H&H album. Saw it in Providence. I can't recall who opened the show, though ...

It was better than the last two Providence Sabbath gigs with Ozzy, and better attended than the last Ozzy/Sabbath gig there. The crowd loved it, and the show was a success and helped bring Sabbath back to top form where they belonged (they'd been in decline for a while). Dio reminded me of a wizard onstage ... it was great to see the band well-received again.
                    Wow racer, you've seen some pretty good shows in your time havn't you, even though times like today have computers and stuff, i wish so much that i was born in 1955.... i hope they make a time machine one day,.......

Comment

Wow racer, you've seen some pretty good shows in your time havn't you, even though times like today have computers and stuff, i wish so much that i was born in 1955.... i hope they make a time machine one day,.......
                      LOL yeah, I saw some good shows in the '70s - early '80s ... I used to go to shows all the time then.

I was born in 1960 ... just got lucky that I was allowed to go to shows at a young age

Comment

I saw it at the Miami Jai-Alai with Riot and The Johnney Van Zant band. We didnt get B.O.C down here.

Few years before that my parents did not allow me to go see Sabbath and Van Halen in '78. They also didnt allow me to see the Heaven & Hell tour, but I snuck out and got my ass kicked by my dad when I got back home. It was worth every lash from his belt.

That was a LOUD show.

Comment

??????? same as i posted for the ozzy era, did anyone see them on this tour...... thanks!

Yes, Sophia Gardens in Cardiff. The council oversold the gig, and there was as many fans outside the building as there were inside. To avert a riot, the council paid for food and drink for all those left outside, and Sabbath played a second show. I saw the first performance, and was blown away.

Comment

I wasn't around then to go but my Dad went in Sydney in October or November of 1980.. he is a fan of the ozzy-era but he said the sound quality was a lot better then in the concerts he attended in previous years with ozzy as the frontman.. ?? i don't know if anyone else thought so..
                            Won't you help me Mr. Jesus?

Comment

I was at the ill fated Black and Blue Tour show in Denver where Bill Ward quit the band. We got to McNichols Arena and were told Sabbath wasn't playing. Blue Oyster Cult still played. They had an extended set to make up for Sabbath not being there. They rocked out! It sucked Sabbath wasn't there. I didn't get to see Dio with Sabbath until just a few years ago. It was a long wait but worth it! Going back to Denver if I remember right if you didn't use your ticket you could get your money back. I don't think many people opted for that, the arena was pretty full.
                              God knows as your dog nose, bog blast all of you.

Comment

Working...
                              X