Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Dio can sing the Tony Martin Sabbath songs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Dio can sing the Tony Martin Sabbath songs?

I think Dio could sing The Shining or Devil & Daughter. What does everyone else think?

yes,,he can sing anysong, and vice versa, its just a question if we will like it or not,
    i think when tony martin sang the dio songs "children of the sea" and neon knights he sounded horrible, or at least to me.., but i did like the versions tha rjd did of the ozzy tracks, such as war pigs and nib
    tony martin is ok, but somewhat dorky, although i do have a ll the cds with his vocals while in sabbath, but im not fond of him doing any dio songs...sorry

the wishing well

Comment

I've always wanted to hear Dio sing Headless Cross
      Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
      Do you think of all the pain from your lies
      Or do you deny, you're responsible
      For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

Could he have, surely. Can he, that would be an epic moment of biblical proportions if that somehow happened. Cause my savior would have arrived.
        "I don't care which god you follow, whose promises you swallow" - Ronnie James Dio
        http://www.reverbnation.com/breakingintoheaven?#!
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaki...916616&ref=sgm

Comment

Err... no - he's dead. And when he was alive, I don't think the thought ever crossed his mind. But he could have had he wanted to!... and it might be really interesting, more so than the old Ozzy-Sabbath classics that he was forced to sing.

Comment

Originally posted by nunoni View Post
            Err... no - he's dead. And when he was alive, I don't think the thought ever crossed his mind. But he could have had he wanted to!... and it might be really interesting, more so than the old Ozzy-Sabbath classics that he was forced to sing.
            How do you know he was forced to sing the Ozzy songs? I doubt Dio could have been forced to do anything he didn't want to do. You do realize that Dio was already covering Sabbath songs a decade before he even joined Sabbath, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal77 View Post
              How do you know he was forced to sing the Ozzy songs? I doubt Dio could have been forced to do anything he didn't want to do. You do realize that Dio was already covering Sabbath songs a decade before he even joined Sabbath, right?
              he was surely "forced" to sing them, in the sense that if he wanted the job, he had to.

as for that one cover... that was what, 8 or 9 years before when he was trying to get into heavier music, he covered very many other bands, and after that he had come to realise what his own worth was.

Comment

Am I living in a differnt world where Dio hasn't been dead for almost five months now? The OP is talking as if he's still alive
                Nobody will ever let you know
                When you ask the reason why
                They just tell you that you're on your own
                Fill your head all full of lies

Comment

Would be nice if Dio sang a song or two of the Martin era but I personally think he was too proud to do so. I understand. Fair enough. But I would have loved to hear I Witness or Headless Cross done by Dio.
                  Also it would be some respect to the Martin era but somehow nobody seem to care ...

I know the 94 - 95 period wasnt the best for Sabbath commercially wise but wasnt it for most 70-80 bands since it was the grunge era...
                  When will you show me a sign
                  When will you throw me a line

Comment

I would rather hear Gillan sing a martin song like.... VALHALLA!!!!

Comment

I would have liked to hear Dio sing "Cross of Thorns".
                      On an unrelated note, whenever I hear "Tyr" I cant help to wonder what Martin would have sounded like on a Iron Maiden album. I think his voice at that time would sounded excellent over some Maiden music.
                      The time it is coming when all life will end,
                      With doomsday approaching to hell we'll descend.
                      Religion won't save me, the damage is done.
                      The future has ended before it's begun.

Comment

Originally posted by Hell_Awaits View Post
                        I would have liked to hear Dio sing "Cross of Thorns".
                        On an unrelated note, whenever I hear "Tyr" I cant help to wonder what Martin would have sounded like on a Iron Maiden album. I think his voice at that time would sounded excellent over some Maiden music.
                        Yeah, would have been neat if they chose him instead of Blaze
                        Originally Posted by Monster Boy

Depends on who is doing the rating. If they agree with me, they've rated it just right.

Comment

Yes i think he would have, him and Tony Martin have simlar voices, but he doesn't beat Dio!

Comment

Originally posted by SabbraCadabra789 View Post
                            Yes i think he would have, him and Tony Martin have simlar voices, but he doesn't beat Dio!
                            It's funny because I've thought that before myself about Blaze and Tony being alike. Especially all the flack these guys get too for their respective eras with the bands they were apart of. I remember sitting there listening to the X-Factor and thinking "Blaze is the Tony Martin of Iron Maiden."
                            I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

Comment

I think Dio can. For example I think Dio can sing better "The Law Maker". The song is awesome, but with Dio will sound heavier
                              RIP Ronnie James Dio! We will always remmember you as very good person, as the voice of the Universe! As the one who passed the final frontier in the music with his voice! A kind person with voice that even God haven't heard! You always will live in our soul, cause dreamers never die!

Comment

Working...
                              X