No announcement yet.

A continuation of H&H - is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A continuation of H&H - is it possible?

We know Iommi is currently writing. The question is, will he continue working with Geezer and Vinny? And will Jorn be their singer? Will they keep the H&H name or go for a completely new name?

Discuss

No. Heaven & Hell name was just for the Dio Years Of Black Sabbath...without Ronnie there can be no H&H. That is just the way it is.

Tony and Geezer are working together in some form anyways, so I would imagine that the next project will be something from the two...Vinny is currently working on another band with Rex from Down, so I would imagine he's busy with that for a while.

There has been nothing that would indicate that Jorn would be the singer...I'm actually kind of hoping he's not...there are better singers out there (Hint hint, Ripper Owens, Hint hint...) to work with.

As for the name...well it could be anything, but my guess would be they would have just a project name...something like Iommi/Butler or something...

Comment

Appice will join if he's asked.

Don't think Ripper would be a good fit. A bit generic and not much in the way of stage presence. Jorn can be generic too but has more of a real singer's voice than Ripper.

I just wonder when we might hear something.

Comment

Originally posted by danielb View Post
        Don't think Ripper would be a good fit. A bit generic and not much in the way of stage presence. Jorn can be generic too but has more of a real singer's voice than Ripper.
        Well that is just total and utter bollocks.

Comment

Each to his own Although he seems like a nice guy, Ripper looks too much like a roadie onstage which becomes problematic. Jorn is not that captivating onstage either unfortunately, but as for the voice, he's pretty much the only one I can think of who can become Dio's replacement.

Comment

Each to his own Although he seems like a nice guy, Ripper looks too much like a roadie onstage which becomes problematic. Jorn is not that captivating onstage either unfortunately, but as for the voice, he's pretty much the only one I can think of who can become Dio's replacement.
            I prefer Jorn's voice as well. The question is: can he write vocal melodies? Whomever they bring in will need to be able to contribute along those lines.

Comment

...who can become Dio's replacement.
              No-one. To be more precise, we're not talking about any replacement at all anymore, the era of Heaven & Hell is over, forever. It's Tony writing new music with Geezer, they will eventually collaborate with some vocalist(s?) and a drummer(and a keyboardist too I guess). Is it with Ozzy and Bill or Vinny? Is it with Glenn or Jorn and Vinny? Or some other people? We'll see. But no-one is replacing anyone this time, no-one will replace Dio. It's a return to the Ozzy-era or a totally new era with new people.
              "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Vinny's busy, Hughes is tied up, Ozzy's on tour for what, the next year? Iommi and Butler are working together; new material will come from them as a new project ... maybe. H&H is over, that much is certain.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                  No-one. To be more precise, we're not talking about any replacement at all anymore, the era of Heaven & Hell is over, forever. It's Tony writing new music with Geezer, they will eventually collaborate with some vocalist(s?) and a drummer(and a keyboardist too I guess). Is it with Ozzy and Bill or Vinny? Is it with Glenn or Jorn and Vinny? Or some other people? We'll see. But no-one is replacing anyone this time, no-one will replace Dio. It's a return to the Ozzy-era or a totally new era with new people.
                  I don't think they are gonna use the name Heaven & Hell anymore in respect of Dio, too.
                  I wonder if Geezer will write some lyrics.
                  Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                  Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                  In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                  The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

The "Heaven & Hell" name died with Dio. It is as Sabbathman said, it will either be a reunion with Ozzy or a completely new era.
                    http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Comment

i hope nothing happens with jorn, his lyrics are cheesy and geezer has said before he doesn't want to write lyrics. i personally hope tony and geezer get loads of ideas down and get together with ozzy after his tour ends. or even if geezer and tony do a joint album with guest singers, then we might just get ozzy, halford and who knows else?
                      Try your hardest, you'll still be a loser
                      The world will still be turning when you're gone

Comment

Originally posted by LouiST

I don't think they are gonna use the name Heaven & Hell anymore in respect of Dio, too.
                        I wonder if Geezer will write some lyrics.
                        They've said that the name wont be used anymore unless its with future releases of this incarnation. I would like to see the tribute released. It WAS recorded.
                        Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                        View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
                          They've said that the name wont be used anymore unless its with future releases of this incarnation. I would like to see the tribute released. It WAS recorded.
                          I do hope they release it. It would be a missed opportunity if they keep it unreleased.
                          http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Comment

Simple answer: NO. No reason to muddy the waters of a great band and idea. Besides, Jorn I thought ws dreadfully average, his voice has no charisma to it, but it doesn't matter, why try to plug in another singer and carry on what was a one time thing, makes absolutey no sense.
                            "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                            R. Blackmore

Comment

Heaven & Hell is Iommi/Dio/Butler/Appice. With Dio gone H&H can't continue. It just wouldn't be right and I find it even silly to think that it could go on without him.

Comment

Working...
                              X