Dehumanizer Deluxe Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dehumanizer Deluxe Edition

Apparently the song selection on the upcoming 2CD deluxe edition of Dehumanizer is decided, I just hope that Headless Cross and Tyr aren't skipped... I don't know if this is covered in another thread but I didn't find anyone so I decided to post it here.
    http://www.yourwaytomusic.com/black-...f-dehumanizer/

The songs on disc 2 will be

1. Master Of Insanity (Bonus Tracks)
    2. Letters From Earth (B-Side Version)
    3. Time Machine (Wayneís World Version)
    . Live at The Sundome, Tampa, Florida 25th July 1992:
    4. Children Of The Sea (Live)
    5. Die Young (Live)
    6. TV Crimes (Live)
    7. Master Of Insanity (Live) *
    8. Neon Knights (Live)
    . * PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED

Also it will be available on a gatefold limited edition 2LP vinyl, just like the three first deluxe editions. I am getting one of those for sure!
    "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
    -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
    - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
    http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Originally posted by Josef_K View Post
    Apparently the song selection on the upcoming 2CD deluxe edition of Dehumanizer is decided, I just hope that Headless Cross and Tyr aren't skipped... I don't know if this is covered in another thread but I didn't find anyone so I decided to post it here.

3. Time Machine (Wayneís World Version)
    5. Die Young (Live)
    6. TV Crimes (Live)
    8. Neon Knights (Live)

Also it will be available on a gatefold limited edition 2LP vinyl, just like the three first deluxe editions. I am getting one of those for sure!
    That's great that it's getting the deluxe treatment, but I can't see anything "deluxe" about this, you can have them live tracks on one; youtube, two; internet.......Master of Insanity bonus track? What does that mean? And Time Machine (Waynes World) is released on the album anyway......? It is on mine.....

Don't think I'll be buying this one.

Comment

I do have to say that this isn't quite as interesting as I would have hoped.

Time Machine's Wayne World version was already put on the Rules Of Hell Box set..Great to see Letter From The Earth on this though.

I'm not sure what that Master Of Insanity version might be...Could be a demo.

I was hoping for a more extensive Live catalogue....they did play 6 songs from Dehumanizer live, atleast some of those should have been included...but it is possible the label had no way to get those..there are all kinds of legal issues as we have talked about before.

Comment

Hmmm...might get it just for the live songs - but not in the near future anyways. I'm stil hoping for a Live DVD and/or CD from the Dehumanizer tour, hopefully that Oakland gig that's in YouTube - it's phenomenal.
        "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
        "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
        "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Time Machine is listed as a live version, which was not on the Rules of Hell, the studio version was on that release.

Here in the US we have had the Wayne's World version since 1992, as it was on the US Dehumanizer release.

I am going to get this, as I have all the other Dio (except Live Evil) and non Ozzy "Deluxe Editions." They all sound great. They are louder than back when, but nothing like "Black Box" or "Rules of Hell" which are way too comprerssed for my liking.

I will go back and pick up the Ozzy era ones at some point. I do have "Black Sabbath"

IMO, There is no worry about the other Martin era CD's being released, as they have not released this in date order. There are a number of the Ozzy releases that have not come out. If memory serves me, only Black Sabbath, Paranoid and Master of Realty have been released from the original 8.
          "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

Originally posted by H&H View Post
            Time Machine is listed as a live version, which was not on the Rules of Hell, the studio version was on that release.
            Where did you see that kind of an information?

Comment

There are a number of the Ozzy releases that have not come out. If memory serves me, only Black Sabbath, Paranoid and Master of Realty have been released from the original 8.
              Huh? Only the first three had a second disc with bonus tracks, sure, but the other five were released.
              montreal '86 / montreal '92 / montreal '94 / toronto '99
              montreal '07 / quebec '07 / ottawa '07 / toronto '08 / philadelphia '13 / ottawa '14

Comment

I'm all over this. Any live tracks from the Dehumanizer tour makes it a must buy plus the B side version of Letters From Earth. I'm really disappointed a live concert from the Dehumanizer tour has never come out.
                I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

Comment

Originally posted by drapes View Post
                  Huh? Only the first three had a second disc with bonus tracks, sure, but the other five were released.
                  They were released as "Deluxe Editions?" I don't think so, unless I missed somthing major (which is possible).

I know they were released, as I own them all a couple of times over. I must have typed my response poorly, as I meant the "Deluxe Edition" version of the original 8, of which there are only the 3 I listed.

We do not have a Deluxe Edition of these releases of the orignal line-up: "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath," "Sabotage," "Volume 4," "Techincal Ecstasy" and "Never Say Die"

If they have been released, please point me in a direction where I can order them.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Originally posted by Josef_K View Post

3. Time Machine (Wayne’s World Version)
                  5. Die Young (Live)
                  6. TV Crimes (Live)
                  8. Neon Knights (Live)

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                  Where did you see that kind of an information?
                  Just going by what I saw above. However after seeing it on the website, I thnk I gaffed, as it appears it is the songs below it that they are saying are live. My bad, I am human.
                  "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

You misread that one mate!

It means that the live tracks below are from Tampa, not Time Machine which is the Wayne's World version!

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                      You misread that one mate!

It means that the live tracks below are from Tampa, not Time Machine which is the Wayne's World version!
                      Yup, I figured it out after peeking at the web link.

Comment

Dehumanizer Deluxe is underwhelming. I'll buy it used when available. At least is better than the "fake" expanded deluxe releases of Live at Last & Past Lives.

Comment

I am mainly getting this because it is available on 2LP vinyl (unlike H&H through EI...) and I am a vinyl freak. I already own the 1992 TV Crimes single with Letters From Earth (alternative) and Time Machine (waynes world) on it but I don't wanna play that one anymore... I have played it twice and it has never been played before... thats quite good for an almost 19 year old record :O

So yeah I agree with the majority here, nothing really special (not like seventh star or Eternal idol anyway) but for me it is worth it! (I don't even own Dehumanizer on vinyl yet...)
                          "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
                          -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
                          - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
                          http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Comment

They were released as "Deluxe Editions?" I don't think so, unless I missed somthing major (which is possible).

I know they were released, as I own them all a couple of times over. I must have typed my response poorly, as I meant the "Deluxe Edition" version of the original 8, of which there are only the 3 I listed.

We do not have a Deluxe Edition of these releases of the orignal line-up: "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath," "Sabotage," "Volume 4," "Techincal Ecstasy" and "Never Say Die"

If they have been released, please point me in a direction where I can order them.
                            Sanctuary records reissued all 8 Ozzy-era Sabbath albums on CD and vinyl in 2009. All 8 were remastered by or under the guidance of Andy Pearce, and contain detailed liner notes and in the case of the vinyl editions a largely faithful reproduction of the original artwork. The first three were indeed labeled as Deluxe Editions and contained a second disc of previously unreleased stuff, while the other 5 did not contain a second disc and were not labeled as Deluxe Editions, but are part of the same set.
                            montreal '86 / montreal '92 / montreal '94 / toronto '99
                            montreal '07 / quebec '07 / ottawa '07 / toronto '08 / philadelphia '13 / ottawa '14

Comment

Eh, not as great as I had hoped really. Ya know, I really do not understand what Iommi and Geezer are talking about when they say they have no unreleased original material. Ah hello? What about the other songs from the Dehumanizer sessions? You can find on Youtube, the alternate version of Letters From Earth, Bad Blood, and The Next Time. All the songs are fully recorded with vocals and all instruments included, just clean up the mix and whatnot a bit. Whatever though.

I guess it's cool that the live tracks are included, but yeah, you can already find those and I already have those. Whatever really. Pretty disappointing overall.
                              If the magic comes between us
                              And we never meet again
                              Take a part of me away
                              'Cause maybe it's all above love
                              ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Comment

Working...
                              X