Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awesome Vinny Appice article

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Awesome Vinny Appice article

    I came across this awesome Vinny Appice article this afternoon. Some great stuff, talking about how he would like to continue on Heaven & Hell with Halford singing!!

    http://www.bravewords.com/news/155588
    Religion won't save me
    The damage is done
    The future has ended
    Before it's begun
    - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

  • #2
    That was a very in depth article. Halford singing with them would be awesome, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Not to mention he's gonna be touring with Priest on the Epitaph tour for what? Two years. I don't think its too likely, at least in the short term.
    "I don't care which god you follow, whose promises you swallow" - Ronnie James Dio
    http://www.reverbnation.com/breakingintoheaven?#!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaki...916616&ref=sgm

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MH1986 View Post
      That was a very in depth article. Halford singing with them would be awesome, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Not to mention he's gonna be touring with Priest on the Epitaph tour for what? Two years. I don't think its too likely, at least in the short term.
      I still like the Tony Martin suggestion.
      Originally Posted by Monster Boy

      Depends on who is doing the rating. If they agree with me, they've rated it just right.

      Comment


      • #4
        Very nice interview...But truth be told neither Rob or Tony is a realistic option to front what ever the guys might do next....But then again Vinny was just talking about who he would like to work with.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Charger View Post
          Very nice interview...But truth be told neither Rob or Tony is a realistic option to front what ever the guys might do next....But then again Vinny was just talking about who he would like to work with.
          I could really see them doing something with Halford. He's the most likely candidate. ie. No baggage, they could all agree on him, he's got the chops and he's a fan of their music and they're friends.

          What I personally want is Tony. But that'll never happen
          http://www.last.fm/user/Purplegrant

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Drago View Post
            I came across this awesome Vinny Appice article this afternoon. Some great stuff, talking about how he would like to continue on Heaven & Hell with Halford singing!!

            http://www.bravewords.com/news/155588
            Thanks for posting this exciting interview.

            Hmm, what a finale it would be if Rob Halford The Metal God stepped into the Sabbath game as a full member after Judas Priest's farewell tour...sounds mind-blowing to say the least! We'll see what happens, who knows what the future brings? You won't know until you know. The main thing is that the wheels are still turning and something new will eventually happen!

            "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

            Comment


            • #7
              We'll need something for this year, since the orig. Sabbath reunion won't happen until
              2012. I'm not a big Halford fan myself, I'd like to see someone else, maybe a relativly unknown singer, with a big voice, whether they call H&H or not, I doubt they would, but it would be nice to hear some new Iommi fueled music one way or the other. Bottom line is, time is marching on, next year's BS reunion, and I'm 99.9% sure it'll happen, will be or should be a last hurrah, because lets face it folks, these guys are a couple years away from real retirement, personally, I don't want to see a 70 or old Ozzy or Tony out there touring, we're all getting older there comes a time when you just got to hang 'em up.
              "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
              R. Blackmore

              Comment


              • #8
                If Tony, Geez, and Vinny work with Rob Halford, that would be much preferred (for me) to any other name I have heard mentioned.


                But I can't remember if I've heard talk of Glenn Hughes, and I'd be behind that as well.

                Comment


                • #9
                  As seen in a different thread there are varying opinions of Vinny's skill set. Some like him w/Sabbath and some don't. Personally, I think he is an excellent drummer and plays for the song, not the glory. That said, think about his intro into Sabbath back in 1980. He was 22 years old and, on 4 days notice, stepped in for one of the top rock drummers in the world. Pretty impressive. Opinions might differ but I defer to Mr. Iommi's judgement when it comes to the topic of Vinny's qualifications.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X