Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radio City Music Hall Live to be released on Bluray in May!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio City Music Hall Live to be released on Bluray in May!

Originally posted by The Official Dio Fan Page Facebook Page
    The Blu-ray for Heaven & Hell "Live From Radio City Music Hall" will be released this May! The Blu-ray will contain lots of bonus features that were NOT on the DVD!
    That sounds pretty cool...I was kind of expecting this since they did shoot it in High Def!

I'm pretty anxious about the extras!

So...is this the part where everyone says, "OMG!!11!!oneone!1 I can't believe they didn't release this the first time! What a cash grab! I already bought the DVD! BOYCOTT! BOYCOTT!"

Nevertheless, I look forward to it. I imagine it'll be phenomenal.
    ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

I do not own a BluRay player, however I am still going to purchase it for when I finally get one. I am happy it is coming out on BluRay, and look forward to seeing it in HD.
      "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
        So...is this the part where everyone says, "OMG!!11!!oneone!1 I can't believe they didn't release this the first time! What a cash grab! I already bought the DVD! BOYCOTT! BOYCOTT!"
        I really don't see the point in that...In the past 4 years the blu-ray players have become much more affordable...and I'm willing to bet that I'm not the only Sabbath fan out there who didn't even own a blu-ray player back then....and who now has purchased one.

Plus as said, this will include some unseen footage too...

Comment

Originally posted by H&H View Post
          I do not own a BluRay player, however I am still going to purchase it for when I finally get one.
          Do it, soon as you can. BluRay on a proper HD TV...absolutely nothing better!

Originally posted by Charger View Post
          I really don't see the point in that...
          I say it jokingly. I see the reaction all the time. It's gonna be incredible!
          ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
            Do it, soon as you can. BluRay on a proper HD TV...absolutely nothing better!
            Oh, but there is: BluRay through a proper HD video projector on a screen
            "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
            "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
            "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
              Oh, but there is: BluRay through a proper HD video projector on a screen
              FTW,

I've already got it on DVD, and I have a blu ray player but to me I just don't see that massive of a difference. I can see a difference but to be honest DVD quality is good enough for me.
              "I don't care which god you follow, whose promises you swallow" - Ronnie James Dio
              http://www.reverbnation.com/breakingintoheaven?#!
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaki...916616&ref=sgm

Comment

BluRay. Oh brother. I have RCMH in DVD, CD, and the Rhino LE Deluxe Edition. Is there a thread with RCMH in Vynil? I did a search and nothing came up - was wanting details on that. Anyway, I might get the Blue Ray if it's under $20 USD since it'll have some extras.

Comment

day 1 for me.

a shame they didn't release it on bd right away, but there you go...
                  my biggest hope for this is that they upgrade the sound from dolby til lpcm.
                  and any further extras are very welcome

any idea what the extras may be? footage from the first gig? more interviews?

Comment

Because of the type of cameras used, the video will be identical to DVD but the audio will be uncompressed. If you have surround sound there will be a noticeable difference. Watch the Foo Fighters from Wembley to see what a Bluray concert can look like when shot with big budget HD cameras.

Comment

RCMH was recorded in HD. That was announced when it was first released. People were confused why it would be recorded in HD and then released on a regular DVD. They must have realized us older dudes had not yet embraced BluRay, and now, a few years later, more people own BR players, and the time is right to give it a release in true HD.

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

Under the band name Heaven And Hell, the second coming of the Ronnie James Dio-fronted incarnation of Black Sabbath unleashes its sonic fury with a vengeance on this extraordinary concert DVD, filmed in high definition.

edited to add link:
                      http://www.rhino.com/shop/product/he...music-hall-dvd
                      Last edited by H&H; 02-12-2011, 11:37 PM.
                      "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
                        Because of the type of cameras used, the video will be identical to DVD but the audio will be uncompressed.
                        Read what I wrote on the first post.... As H&H said it WAS shot in HD in the first place!

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                          Read what I wrote on the first post.... As H&H said it WAS shot in HD in the first place!
                          I know but there are a ton of different types of hd cameras and of course film cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
                            I know but there are a ton of different types of hd cameras and of course film cameras.
                            So does anyone know if they used the best quality HD cameras and film, or those of lesser quality? IMO it does not matter. It is an awesome show, and deserves to be presented on BluRay if they have the film in HD, which they do.

Comment

Originally posted by H&H View Post
                              So does anyone know if they used the best quality HD cameras and film, or those of lesser quality? IMO it does not matter. It is an awesome show, and deserves to be presented on BluRay if they have the film in HD, which they do.
                              I think it was shot for tv so my educated guess would be they used decent but not the best digital hd cameras. Probably something like a XDCAM EX. Doesn't matter though its the sound that's important and DTS-HD and uncompressed Dolby Digital sounds amazing.

Comment

Working...
                              X