"The Mob Rules" & Bill Ward?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Mob Rules" & Bill Ward?

from english wikipedia: "An alternate recording of the song was featured in the 1981 movie Heavy Metal and features Black Sabbath's original drummer, Bill Ward."

I have heard that this recording did feature Bill Ward, I believe from the "hanging with heaven and hell" documentary. However reading Tony Iommi's book it made it sound like the timing of this would be impossible.
    How was I to know it was "kiss the world with winter flowers"?

Comment

complete rubbish, Ward left much earlier, in August 17, 1980, early in the HH Tour. The last concert was February, 2 1981, and only after that did they record new material. The film itself was released on August 7, 1981.

It's Vinny Appice, and if you can't hear it in the drumming, what can I say!

Comment

Originally posted by nunoni View Post
        complete rubbish, Ward left much earlier, in August 17, 1980, early in the HH Tour. The last concert was February, 2 1981, and only after that did they record new material. The film itself was released on August 7, 1981.

It's Vinny Appice, and if you can't hear it in the drumming, what can I say!

Yes, it's Vinny. But was the first version recorded in december 1980 in John Lennon's former house, shortly after Lennon was killed?

Comment

I think it's Rubbish, but I'll ask Geezer, see what he says.
          Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
          View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Originally posted by Sabhuman1978 View Post
            But was the first version recorded in december 1980 in John Lennon's former house, shortly after Lennon was killed?
            So they say.
            95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
            Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Watch at about 9.45:

We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabhuman1978 View Post
                Yes, it's Vinny. But was the first version recorded in december 1980 in John Lennon's former house, shortly after Lennon was killed?
                Yeah, but it's not Bill Ward. They were on tour with Vinny at that time. Bill left in Aug 1980.

Watched the video, in no way does it imply Bill Ward's on that.

Also checked with Geezer, he said it's Vinny. Not bill.
                Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
                  Yeah, but it's not Bill Ward. They were on tour with Vinny at that time. Bill left in Aug 1980.

Watched the video, in no way does it imply Bill Ward's on that.

Also checked with Geezer, he said it's Vinny. Not bill.

Yep, I knew that, I was just referring Nunoni's previous post that said that song was recorded after february 1981

Comment

Just because somethings on Wikipedia doesn't mean its true. Thats why they require references.
                    My Canadian tape of Mob Rules should come any day, making Dehumanizer the last studio album from Sabbath proper of the Dio period (Heaven and Hell were a spinoff).

Comment

Wikipedia cites IMDB which means that IMDB needs to correct their facts. One wiki citing another pretty much, completely useless. I feel like I have read this rumor somewhere before now.
                      How was I to know it was "kiss the world with winter flowers"?

Comment

I had read in some book back in the 90's that it was Ward on the soundtrack version. Based on it's original publication date I think it's Stephen Rosens Wheels of Confusion. I think that was the first instance I had ever heard that the ST version wasn't the same track as the album. When I finally heard that version it didn't seem like Ward, but I wasn't ever quite sure. What I know for sure is Stephen Rosen is a pretty crappy writer; a few of his books are full of conflicting/contradicting, or just plain false information (Wheels of confusion is an apt title for that book). Thanks Axe Fiend/ Joe for clearing this up.
                        The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

Working...
                        X