Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heaven & Hell Live at Wacken 2009 (Neon Nights). A possible Blu-ray release?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heaven & Hell Live at Wacken 2009 (Neon Nights). A possible Blu-ray release?

Is there any chance that the Wacken 2009 concert will be released on Blu-ray? It was shot with 1080i cameras.

It's available on Devil Ray!
    Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Anyone ?

Comment

This concert German TV filmed in standard definition.

Comment

Originally posted by dima1988 View Post
          This concert German TV filmed in standard definition.
          Are you thinking of the Bonn show, filmed for Rockpalast?

Comment

The Wacken gig was definitely filmed in high definiton.
            Last edited by ZepHead; 08-20-2012, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Anyone ?

Comment

Considering it hasn't been released yet there is a big chance it won't be...but then again at some point I'm sure every single dvd will be released as a bluray...

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                  Considering it hasn't been released yet there is a big chance it won't be..
                  Indeed, considering when it was released I would have expected a Blu Ray to come simultaneous with the STD Def. I was really surprised when it didn't. So the chances of a Wacken 09 release at this point will depend on consumer demand. This game of releasing home video is all about money. Radio City on BR came out 5 years after the initial release. Considering the initial pressing in 2007 went gold within 2 - 3 months after its release (which was a rare occurrence for a concert home video) insured another edition would come eventually. I am not sure if Wacken was as successful as radio city, (it is not listed in the RIAA database as a Gold or Platinum selling release). So it does depend on the demand for a Blu Ray edition.

However videos of these types arent always cost effective. To re-release the product in High Def, someone will need to invest in a crew and facilities (Or multiple facilities) to transfer the master; then provide quality assurance people in both picture and audio. Youi're talking about renting a video production studio that might cost a few thousand per day, then hiring the personnel to undertake the work. Could be 5 - 7 guys earning $500 - $1,000 per day for their work. So the technical side requires a real hefty investment just to get the product ready for mass duplication. Then you have the duplication costs. Legalities may have to be renewed and re-negotiated for the Blu Ray edition as well. So there's more money that Eagle Rock (Who own the H&H Wacken 2009 concert) may have to split with Iommi, Butler & the Dio estate (And about 100 other Lawyers, managers, and record labels etc. etc. ). There's a LOT of factors to consider when a venture like this is considered.

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                  .but then again at some point I'm sure every single dvd will be released as a bluray...
                  Don't be so sure of that. Cloud streaming of video content is ramping up to a considerable rate these days. Don't be surprised if physical media for video goes away sooner then CD's do. We very well may see Wacken 2009 in a High Def transfer, but it may only be available from an online media outlet such as Netflix, Hulu, or Youtube. Netflix these days are streaming a very wide array of older films that have never received any sort of DVD release. Its conceivable that as bandwidth becomes cheaper streaming in true high def will be the norm; and all these discs will not be released any longer.

Id say petition Eagle Rock via their facebook or web site if you are wanting a Blu Ray of this. If enough people bug them about it it might possibly come out..
                  Last edited by devstorm; 01-26-2013, 06:39 PM.
                  The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

If it's Eagle Rock that owns the Wacken footage, then I really think it will be released on Blu-ray at some point. Eagle has its own studio and personnel so there won't be need for much money to be spent.

Comment

If you were hoping for a blu-ray, but there wasn't one available, would you buy the DVD and then also buy the blu-ray once it did come out?

Likewise, if you wanted the blu-ray and there wasn't one available so you got the DVD, would you not bother to "upgade" later because you already bought it on DVD and didn't want to buy (essentially) the same thing twice?

Of course, THIS forum is pretty much all made up of folks that are not opposed to upgrading, so I'd expect that a number of people here *would* re-buy a release on blu-ray that they already had on DVD, but it begs the question, would Joe Public do it? Questions, questions...

I noticed recently that some movies are being released on blu-ray and DVD not only at the same time, but now in the same package (i.e. you're forced to buy both). I think this makes sense for the manufacturers, and while it does soak the consumer a bit, it seems to cover all current bases.

Personally, I'm wondering if maybe this'll eventually be on a blu-ray, coupled with that final H&H show with Glenn and Jorn (?) singing...

All the best,
                      PAULIE
                      http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UoulA6r90n...ill%2Bward.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie 88 View Post

I noticed recently that some movies are being released on blu-ray and DVD not only at the same time, but now in the same package (i.e. you're forced to buy both). I think this makes sense for the manufacturers, and while it does soak the consumer a bit, it seems to cover all current bases.

All the best,
                        PAULIE
                        I've seen this mainly for premium editions, and collector sets. Case in point the AC/DC LTBR release from a year or so ago, when buying the tin box edition its packaged with both. Although I have purchased one or two films that contain both formats as standard packaging as well.

I am reminded of when I re-purchased The Last Supper on DVD after the VHS had been out for a few years. I dont typically mind this when its a band I'm into as much as Sabbath or Ozzy. Also the DVD has the EPK which prior to DVD release was available as a promotional only item (A friend of mine bought it for something like $40.00 or $50.00 just before last supper was issued on VHS). As meager of a bonus item as it was, I wanted to have that as well.

I didn't buy the Radio City BR upon release mainly because, while the upgrade might be obvious, I don't watch that nearly as much as Wacken or a few of the bootlegs I own from the 07 tour. I've always thought they should have postponed the RCMH shoot until the 2nd leg of the tour. As rehearsed as they were in March of 2007, the difference in their performance 6 months later was night & day. Although thats not to say that I won't pick up RCMH on BR at some point. Just haven't yet. I'd be much more prone to getting Wacken on BR first. I like the setlist a little more, and the band was just brilliant.
                        The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

ZepHead is right there is no need to released on blue ray again might be that will be the loosing point for them

Comment

So far all we got is 480i DVD, while the cocnert was shot in 1080i in PAL, so they should have at least released it in 576i, not to mention the audio is 192kbps.
                            I would definitely purchase Blu-Ray, or at least PAL DVD.
                            They recentely release a 3LP vinyl version ommiting the DVD exclusive track, such a waste...

Comment

Originally posted by SF01 View Post
                              So far all we got is 480i DVD, while the cocnert was shot in 1080i in PAL, so they should have at least released it in 576i, not to mention the audio is 192kbps.
                              I would definitely purchase Blu-Ray, or at least PAL DVD.
                              They recentely release a 3LP vinyl version ommiting the DVD exclusive track, such a waste...
                              My good man, can I ask you what you’re considering the DVD exclusive track or tracks? Thanks ... God bless

Comment

Working...
                              X