What if Dio rejoined Sabbath ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What if Dio rejoined Sabbath ?

I'd be shocked. It'll never happen again.
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

I agree with Writ that Iommi Dio collabriation results in good stuff. But it will not happen under the Sabbath moniker. I also think if it did happen within Sabbath they should just do a studio album and not tour together. Touring always seemed to stress the relationship. I also think that Sabbath fans and the media would overhype it and it would end up like Dehuminzer a disappointment because it didn't match expectations. I think Dehuminzer is a solid effort and I enjoy listening to it. Is it H&H?? Hell no! but that is one of the great metal albums of all time, you get a product like that once maybe twice in a career.

I find it interesting that the older Metal bands have a difficult time replicating early success. Here they are older wiser better musicians but they can't seem to do anything really good. Just a stream of medicore albums.

Motorhead is an exception, I think that Inferno kicks ass and Lemmy has gotten better with age. The guy is still kicking the shit out of a simple music formula to produce great metal. My guess is Lemmy himself at 58 yrs of age could single handedly take on the entire Grunge/Post Grunge Metal industry beat the living shit out of them, stuff the living shit back into them and beat it out of them again.

You get the idea I think Inferno is great and It was the best new metal album to come out last year. If your a metal fan and you don't have motorhead in your collection your a useless poser. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree with THE WRIT i think hell would have to freeze 100000000 times before dio and sabbath would reunite,i would like to see it (heaven and hell my fave album ever)but i do believe that tony/dio will collaborate. dio i believe said he would like to do something with just tony and him. new dio solo album?
        new iommi solo album?
        a iommi/dio band?

ps
        in heaven they would be also jamming with jimmy H and with cozy
        They'll take your diamonds and give you steel youll be caught in the middle of the madness just lost like them and part of all the pain they feel.
        ronnie james dio "all the fools sailed away"

RIP Ronnie.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          get Rob Halford and record the studio album for once an all, please!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the spirit. It's too late, but I would like RH to work with the 3/4 Sabbs.

I get the feeling there would be too much distrust between Dio, Geezer and Iommi for it (Dio reunion) to work.

Comment

It would be fantastic.
            But it'll never happen.

Comment

WHAT DO YOU MEAN "oh no dehumanizer 2"!? Dehumanizer is kickass! It's one of Black Sabbath's best albums in my opinion, and my favorite out of the 3 Dio albums.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Motorhead is an exception, I think that Inferno kicks ass and Lemmy has gotten better with age. The guy is still kicking the shit out of a simple music formula to produce great metal. My guess is Lemmy himself at 58 yrs of age could single handedly take on the entire Grunge/Post Grunge Metal industry beat the living shit out of them, stuff the living shit back into them and beat it out of them again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely fucking agree with you man.
                The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

Never gonna happen.. I would be happy though. But I don't believe it would last long if it some weird way could be possible.

Comment

Only in dreams, sweet dreams.
                    "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

Very very unlikely but it would be great. Anyone at this point is fine with me. Dont get me wrong I never get tired of the sabbath material we already have but would love some new material under the sabbath name.

Comment

I wish that would happen, or reunite with Tony Martin, or with anyone really! It's amazing to think in the nine years ozzy has been back, they have produced only TWO new songs! No new album in 7 years! This reunion is a joke, a sham, anyone replacing Ozzy would be great! I don't care if they get some random guy off the street, as long as they get to work on a new album and dump Ozzy, who is more interesting in his solo career and reality tv shows than the band.

And yea, Dehumanizer is my fav album, so bring on Dehumanizer 2!

Comment

The threat maybe just enough to get Ozzy into recording a new Sabbath album

Comment

hahah yeah. its never going to happen though, lets face it.

Comment

The only bad thing would be that the Dio band would not exist.
                              Don't care which God you follow, whose promises you swallow.

Comment

Don't see it happening. Not under the Sabbath banner.

Comment

Working...
                                X