X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Dio rejoined Sabbath ?

How would we feel?

Re: What if Dio rejoined Sabbath ?

I would like it, at least we would get a new Sabbath Album and Dio may be old, but he is not a wreck like Ozzy, his voice is still strong and he still can write good Songs...

Comment

While my initial reaction would be "Hooray," that would subside when I realized it would last about 5 minutes, which is the answer I voted for.

Comment

I am divided between horay and No Ozzy. I like The Ozzy era of Sabbath better than the Dio era and I like both solo careers. I think Dio can put out better stuff on his own than with Sabbath.

I wonder if Bill would stay with Sabbath for a Dio reunion
        "I want to tell you, yeah
        How Good It Feels
        Sleeping here with you tonight
        And thatís for real"
        -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

I would kill for this to happen. I think there's better chances of jeweled eyed golden monkeys flying out of my ass then Dio's return to Sabbath but it would be excellent if he ever did.
          And who really gives a fuck how old Ronnie is. I don't care if he's 60 or 6,000. He's millions times better the musician than Ozzy is now days. Plus we'd finally get a new album damnit.

Comment

A new album is a new album.
            Damian
            Super Moderator
            Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

What if John Lennon and George Harrison rose from the grave and reunited The Beatles? Never happen, but Holy Christ would it be sweet...

Comment

>>"This'll last 5 minutes once he starts fiddling
                >>with the controls on the mixing desk again."

I think my answer would more accurately be "This will last 5 minutes, until Tony stops it because Ozzy suddenly wants to reunite. Again."

>>What if John Lennon and George Harrison rose from the
                >>grave

Nah, they'd just tell Paul to fuck off. Besides, maybe they already formed a band with Powell and Gillen? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] With Jim Morrison writing the lyrics

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I wonder if Bill would stay with Sabbath for a Dio reunion

[/ QUOTE ]

He should. If not, you can always get Vinny back. I heard his Hollywood All-Stars band isn't that good.

Comment

Great!!!... But if Dio can't make it... I say, again, get Rob Halford and record the studio album for once an all, please!!!

P.S.: Wouldn't hurt if Geoff Nicholls handles the keyboards and Rick Rubin produces the album...

Comment

Probably Geezer wouldn't want to stay either, so they could get Neil Murray on bass.
                        I agree, Rick Rubin should produce the next Sabbath record.
                        The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

Iommi-Dio-Appice-Murray-Nicholls

I'll take it in a heartbeat!

Comment

Come on guys. NEVER, Not going to happen. Impossible, Illegal, Irrational, need I go on.

Will Iommi & Dio work together again under a different banner? I would take that bet. It would not surprise me in the least. Both Dio and Iommi know that their colaborations always produce good material, and both men are gentlemen and true musicians at heart. really just an ego thing at this point.

Comment

>>Both Dio and Iommi know that their colaborations always
                              >>produce good material, and both men are gentlemen and
                              >>true musicians at heart. really just an ego thing at this
                              >>point.

I don't think it's an issue of ego, just foresight. Doing this sort of a reunion would mean that Ronnie, Tony, and whoever else would end up playing with them would all have to drop whatever band or project they're working on right now. On top of this, I'm sure they're all aware of the ever repeating history of one line-up of Black Sabbath being ended by another line-up's reunion. So perhaps they're all thinking "Would this really be worth our time? Could we accomplish anything before Ozzy suddenly decides he wants to come back in full-time?"

Comment

Working...
                              X