Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Dio Returns As A Hologram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dio Returns As A Hologram

Not sure how others feel about this but it doesn't sit comfortable with me at all...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...stival-w433089

I'm still a big concertgoer these days but if this is the future of live music where they'll just resurrect our dead musical heroes in holographic form, then count me out...Cant believe Wendy & Dio's former bandmates would stoop to this shit!

[Edit] Apologies, this should've been posted in the side, solo & related bands thread.
    Last edited by Jack the Stripper; 08-07-2016, 06:22 AM.

Morbid if you ask me, let the dead rest.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

If this catches on then I think each musician may have to
      designate in a will if they will allow this.
      Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

Not really sure about this...

Sure it's kind of cool but it's also kind of wrong at the same time.

Comment

Computerized god. It's a new religion!
          Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
          Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
          In the age of reason, how do we survive?
          The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

See I don't agree. If I was at this show and Ronnie appeared in holo form, I'd have been shedding tears of joy and going crazy. I know it's not real, but it's the closest we'll ever get to having him back on stage and reliving some of the old Dio live magic. If it's done tastefully and respectfully I think this is a great way of keeping our heroes legacy alive.

Comment

I think it serves to remind us all how dead he is. It's faithless, in a way... No Hologram=he's with us in spirit and maybe you can feel it. Hologram=he's dead, there's nothing we can do about it, so here's this Frankensteinian attempt to prop his digital ghost on stage and maybe that'll make you feel something.

Comment

I'm sure it was designed to prompt an emotional response from the viewers. It was a successful.
                "Got no religion, don't need no friends.
                Got all I want and I don't need to pretend.
                Don't try to reach me cause I'd tear up your mind.
                I've seen the future and I left it behind"
                Supernaut -Vol 4

Comment

Originally posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
                  I think it serves to remind us all how dead he is. It's faithless, in a way... No Hologram=he's with us in spirit and maybe you can feel it. Hologram=he's dead, there's nothing we can do about it, so here's this Frankensteinian attempt to prop his digital ghost on stage and maybe that'll make you feel something.
                  That same thought ran through my head.

That said, I'm interested in where this may go in the future. Will holograms serve a purpose beyond just being a visual wax dummy? At the moment of course people will be overdoing it left and right like everything else. It's cheap but then wives and children of rockers don't do much else anyway.

Comment

Cheap way to profit from someone's death.
                    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                      Cheap way to profit from someone's death.
                      Well to be fair, the Dio Disciples aren't profiting at all. They make zero money from the shows they do.

Comment

Not a fan at all of this band , but a really embarrassing and morbid way of paying tribute to Ronnie or someone else
                        What does the audience think during the clapping at the end of the song ? the musical performance of this tribute band or this visual effect show ?

I read somewhere they wanted to do the same with dead actors in future movies ... OK , we must all live into this digital world but IMO just a disrespectful circus.

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                          Well to be fair, the Dio Disciples aren't profiting at all. They make zero money from the shows they do.
                          So they're up there playing for free? How about Wendy?

Comment

Arnold got to fight Arnold in the new Terminator movie.
                            Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                              They just closed Wacken in front of 75,000 people and you think they played for zero money? Let's not let our love for Ronnie cloud our judgment on this one. This is tacky & artificial and reeks of a new & inventive way to cash in on Ronnie.

Comment

Working...
                              X