X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydney 1980 - radio broadcast CD

Another one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sydney-1980...E4E5ECFCC52DF4

This information is only for those that are interested. Those of you who were about to reply along the lines of 'it's not an official release' or 'you can already get this online' or some other negative remark, there's no need. This is not for you.

Didn't Geezer break his finger on this visit?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRedPen View Post
      Another one:

This information is only for those that are interested. Those of you who were about to reply along the lines of 'it's not an official release' or 'you can already get this online' or some other negative remark, there's no need. This is not for you.
      It's not necessarily being negative. Just trying to raise some awareness so you don't get that flood of people who buy these and then complain because they're 'unofficial', 'not Sanctuary/Rhino releases' etc. At the end of the day, it's good that these are available for those who want them (and for who might prefer some cover art and a silver CD) and that they're not made available at some exorbitant price point.

This is a great show, a good quality broadcast (hopefully they've used the best source) and it features some nice cover art. It's hard to complain about that.

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
      Didn't Geezer break his finger on this visit?
      He broke it while the band were in Japan, but the doctor he saw while there didn't think it was broken. Playing a few more shows with it like that caused him a lot of pain; he sought medical attention in Australia who diagnosed the fracture. The rest of the tour leg (the shows outside of Sydney) were canceled and the late December/early January 1981 UK dates were postponed until late January.
      Last edited by SweetSymptom; 03-16-2020, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Another one:

Thanks TheRedPen, your info is always appreciated by me, thank you for your hard work, I’m always interested.

Is there a track listing for this TheRedPen?
        Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 03-16-2020, 11:06 PM.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
          Is there a track listing for this TheRedPen?
          Looking at bootlegs of this online, the setlist is as follows. These bootlegs claim to be soundboard recordings, as opposed to a recorded radio broadcast, so you have to assume that this is the full show.

Supertzar (intro)
          War Pigs
          Neon Knights
          N.I.B.
          Children Of The Sea
          Sweet Leaf
          Vinnie Appice drum solo
          Sweetleaf reprise
          Black Sabbath
          Heaven And Hell
          Iron Man
          Tony Iommi solo
          Die Young
          Paranoid
          Follow mens' eyes, As they look to the skies, The shifting shafts of shining, Weave the fabric of their dreams...

Comment

Not much info on the Amazon site at the moment but it is listed as a single CD so may not be the full show (or the single CD info could be wrong).

Comment

Originally posted by MJD2013 View Post

Looking at bootlegs of this online, the setlist is as follows. These bootlegs claim to be soundboard recordings, as opposed to a recorded radio broadcast, so you have to assume that this is the full show.

Supertzar (intro)
              War Pigs
              Neon Knights
              N.I.B.
              Children Of The Sea
              Sweet Leaf
              Vinnie Appice drum solo
              Sweetleaf reprise
              Black Sabbath
              Heaven And Hell
              Iron Man
              Tony Iommi solo
              Die Young
              Paranoid
              Thank you I appreciate it.
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Not much info on the Amazon site at the moment but it is listed as a single CD so may not be the full show (or the single CD info could be wrong).
                Yes from what I’ve seen online the other bootlegs are two discs, I see the Amazon one listed as one disc as you say, could be they fit the whole show on one discs, disc times vary.
                Regardless my pre order is in, thanks again TheRedPen, much appreciated.

Comment

Is there anyone you can contact Amazon UK, to find out the track listing and whether it’s one or two discs and if it’s digipak or jewel case?

they only have the call option for me and I’ll have to pay long distance calling England. The Chat option doesn’t work on my app.

Comment

I contacted Amazon they told me it’s the full show in one CD, there will be more info on the packaging mid April.

Comment

I contacted Amazon they told me it’s the full show in one CD, there will be more info on the packaging mid April.
                      I'm cautiously optimistic. I can only listen to GREAT sounding live shows. Better than "Live Evil" for example.

Comment

Hmm Dio's vocals are kinda dodgy IMO. Maybe the worst I've heard from him. The Amazon release is NOT the full show based on this source.

Last edited by DARKEST LIGHT; 03-21-2020, 09:26 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

Originally posted by DARKEST LIGHT View Post
                          Hmm Dio's vocals are kinda dodgy IMO. Maybe the worst I've heard from him. The Amazon release is NOT the full show based on this source.

What source is this?

Comment

What source is this?
                            Only found it on youtube. It has good sound but runs 90 minutes without COTG

Comment

Originally posted by DARKEST LIGHT View Post

Only found it on youtube. It has good sound but runs 90 minutes without COTG
                              In mid April when there is more info on the CD on Amazon UK, I’ll check the set list, if it’s not complete I’ll cancel my order.

Comment

Working...
                              X