Sydney 1980 - radio broadcast CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post

In mid April when there is more info on the CD on Amazon UK, I’ll check the set list, if it’s not complete I’ll cancel my order.
    If it's complete it'd be taken from multiple sources. From what I've heard/been told, the complete show was never broadcast on air and pre-FM versions might not even exist anymore.

Comment

I’m only stating what the Amazon Uk rep told me.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

I’m only stating what the Amazon Uk rep told me.
        That's fair, and I'm just stating what I think is likely. I've asked people here in Sydney about this broadcast, and everyone I've spoken to had no idea if the full show exists (or existed) in broadcast (or better) quality. There's unfortunately no guarantee that anything relating to the original broadcast or the unaired tracks was kept.

Nevertheless, I'm sure this will be enjoyable no matter what!

Comment

I haven’t been around for a long time, had to reset my password as I had forgotten it, my memory is bad and I never wrote it down, stupid me, I’ll definitely will be getting this, the cover alone looks cool.

P.S. wow, the forums have changed!!!

I've been out that long?
          Last edited by ElvesWearBoots; 04-06-2020, 11:36 AM.
          "They tell you black is really white the moon is just the sun at night and when you walk in golden halls you get to keep the gold that falls, it's heaven and hell"
          ~ Ronnie James Dio

Comment

My copy is arriving late, received an email from Amazon UK saying because of Covid-19 pandemic they're shipping priority essentials first, but that my pre-order is still secure, this item is no longer available for shipping to the US, at least I still got my copy coming whenever it arrives.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

I received my copy today, it is not the complete show and there are pauses between each song which leads me to believe they cut the songs short in order to fit the entire show on one CD.

They omitted the best song on there, Die Young,

To those who are thinking on buying it don’t, the Amazon rep lied to me.

SweetSymptom was right.

Comment

I received my copy today, it is not the complete show and there are pauses between each song which leads me to believe they cut the songs short in order to fit the entire show on one CD.

They omitted the best song on there, Die Young,

To those who are thinking on buying it don’t, the Amazon rep lied to me.

SweetSymptom was right.
                Might those pauses be the two second between tracks that you sometimes get with CDs, or are they obvious cuts?

Sorry that this turned out to be a disappointing release, OID. While it's well known that I have my own skepticisms toward these kinds of releases, I'm still gutted that this one wasn't enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post

Might those pauses be the two second between tracks that you sometimes get with CDs, or are they obvious cuts?

Sorry that this turned out to be a disappointing release, OID. While it's well known that I have my own skepticisms toward these kinds of releases, I'm still gutted that this one wasn't enjoyable.
                  Yes SweetSymptom, they’re obvious cuts in each song, and Die Young is omitted from the show, if they were going to cut out a track they should’ve cut out one of the Ozzy songs.

Or why not just include the entire show on two discs or a longer running disc?

No it’s not enjoyable the way they did it.

Comment

Maestro sent me the bootleg via download which I burned to a CD, excellent show, ten times better than what I paid for at Amazon UK, with no songs omitted and no pauses between songs.

Thank you Maestro.

Comment

Working...
                    X