Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unreleased Dio era black Sabbath song "slapback"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jG758iBHa_Y

It reminds me of something off never say die a bit or rainbow? Very interesting

Originally posted by Dehumanizer3000 View Post

This sounds pretty good, and yes very interesting.

Comment

Do you all believe this is one of the lost songs that ozzy osbourne started with?

"To me, Sabbath was always just a really heavy blues band. That's all we were. We just took those blues roots and made them heavier." - Geezer Butler

Comment

I think this could be a song Dio had, it has Elf vibes, and no I do not think this one of those lost Ozzy songs, that was only 2 songs, Children of the Sea ( the heavy riff) and from what I heard Lady Evil also.
        Last edited by Dehumanizer3000; 03-05-2021, 05:58 PM.

Comment

This could pass for Elf.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
          ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

I think this could be a song Dio had, it has Elf vibes, and no I do not think this one of those lost Ozzy songs, that was only 2 songs, Children of the Sea ( the heavy riff) and from what I heard Lady Evil also.
            It's hard for me to think about it. There is so much unknown we don't know about. How many songs were truly recorded with ozzy. I believe that there exists hundreds of lost ozzy - sabbath recordings. 10 years is a long time for a band and something new is always appearing. I don't believe this song fits osbournes vocals but the melodies especially 2 minutes in definately remind me of some never say die grooves.

"To me, Sabbath was always just a really heavy blues band. That's all we were. We just took those blues roots and made them heavier." - Geezer Butler

Comment

the number of lost Ozzy songs? probably not many or non, maybe alot of demos/instrumentals and in process stuff, but no "lost" full songs. I guess this because of how Ozzy works.

Comment

What the hell. Why hasn't this been released before?? What else is there? To date there's been pretty much ZERO Dio-related studio outtakes released. The new H&H Deluxe is pointless with nothing new.

Comment

If this is Tony Iommi on guitar, then the influence of Never Say Die! is certainly very strong here. Especially the guitar tone itself.
                  Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                  Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                  In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                  The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Yes it's iommi, it's a nice connection to Never Say Die I think.

Comment

wow! cool! more of as Rainbow type song ... reminiscent of Long Live R&R

"Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                      R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                        wow! cool! more of as Rainbow type song ... reminiscent of Long Live R&R
                        Sounds more like Elf material to me.
                        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post

Sounds more like Elf material to me.
                          Yea I am thinking this is a song Dio brought in or something him and Iommi worked on early in the sessions, Dio did play bass early on in the sessions

Comment

Great stuff once again! Dare we say more will come .... Lady Evil Blues and others ... That’s funny because our old friend Linda and a couple others on the YouTube channels stated that a few people over here we’re just saying more will surface , interesting , looks like it was correct ,, Again!

Tremendous track! Does anyone know if Gary or the powers that be need any donations to help fund what they’re trying to accomplish with these archive songs ... ??

God bless

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post

Great stuff once again! Dare we say more will come .... Lady Evil Blues and others ... That’s funny because our old friend Linda and a couple others on the YouTube channels stated that a few people over here we’re just saying more will surface , interesting , looks like it was correct ,, Again!

Tremendous track! Does anyone know if Gary or the powers that be need any donations to help fund what they’re trying to accomplish with these archive songs ... ??

God bless
                              Doc you’ve heard from our beautiful friend, the Lovely Lady Linda?

Comment

Working...
                              X