unreleased Dio era black Sabbath song "slapback"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dehumanizer3000 View Post
    I hope this does not mean the end of getting sabbath demos but I think it is
    I think it is the end, no pun intended, if Tony is not happy with it, it’s over and done with.
    "They tell you black is really white the moon is just the sun at night and when you walk in golden halls you get to keep the gold that falls, it's heaven and hell"
    ~ Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Originally posted by sellingmysoul View Post
      I don't see what the big deal is. Tony on Eddie Trunks show the other day said it was Dio playing Bass, Geezer said it was him.
      hahahahahahaha!!!
      "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
      R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post

The debut is my favorite, I have all the Ronnie stuff from Elf to Heaven and Hell, its why when I get hear new stuff like this, I love it.
        Yeah, my earliest Dio CD of his work that I own is the first Elf album.

Comment

Originally posted by ElvesWearBoots View Post
          I think it is the end, no pun intended, if Tony is not happy with it, it’s over and done with.
          Regardless of who decided to discard it, I think it was the right call to make. Good on them for sticking to quality over quantity.

Comment

Originally posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post

Regardless of who decided to discard it, I think it was the right call to make. Good on them for sticking to quality over quantity.
            I agree with you 100% Sabbath Historian, it’s not a Dio/Sabbath sounding song, so I’m glad it didn’t make it on the album.

But I am glad we got to hear it and it’s little things like this that excite me and they should be releasing as bonus material on the Deluxe Editions or Super Deluxe Editions.

I like the song very much, just sounds more like Elf material than Sabbath material, but like Tony and Geezer stated they only used it as a rehearsal song.

"They tell you black is really white the moon is just the sun at night and when you walk in golden halls you get to keep the gold that falls, it's heaven and hell"
            ~ Ronnie James Dio

Comment

I think saying "discarded" or "didn't make the grade" is a bit misleading because they did use parts of it for "Walk Away." That could be said for other incomplete songs from rehearsals or riffs that were played live that were not really "discarded," but rather reworked and incorporated into a new song.

Comment

Originally posted by nolanstolz View Post
                I think saying "discarded" or "didn't make the grade" is a bit misleading because they did use parts of it for "Walk Away." That could be said for other incomplete songs from rehearsals or riffs that were played live that were not really "discarded," but rather reworked and incorporated into a new song.
                You are absolutely 110% right Nolan, nothing Sabbath records whether finished or unfinished should be discarded, everything Sabbath to me is precious from all eras, though my most excitement is the original Sabbath, like when Slapback was discovered I was besides myself, I didn’t think there were any Dio/Sabbath songs left especially from that early on from when Dio joined Sabbath, that were undiscovered.
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

It’s pretty obvious , without much thought needed , that “SlapBack” is an amazing gem for any “true” Sabbath Collection.

Comment

The guy that released this on youtube is being made to take both Heaven and Hell and Slapback down because Tony was not happy this was released.

Comment

The guy that released this on youtube is being made to take both Heaven and Hell and Slapback down because Tony was not happy this was released.
                      I read he threatened to sue YouTube if they don't take them down, they were given seven days to do so.
                      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

I think it's ridiculous. Heaven Forbid Sabbath followers have a nice rare song to listen to.

Comment

I think it's ridiculous. Heaven Forbid Sabbath followers have a nice rare song to listen to.
                          I think so to and it shows their interest is not in the fans.

Comment

Well, it wasn't released in the first place for a reason. Of course it's cool to hear unreleased stuff, but if Tony and Sabbath doesn't want it to be released then it's up to them, you can't just go around posting other peoples music on YouTube or whatever. It was just a matter of time before it got taken down.
                            you got a killer scene there, man...

http://10000years.bandcamp.com
                            http://www.facebook.com/TenThousandyrs
                            http://www.facebook.com/DVRSweden

Comment

Originally posted by Ala View Post
                              Well, it wasn't released in the first place for a reason. Of course it's cool to hear unreleased stuff, but if Tony and Sabbath doesn't want it to be released then it's up to them, you can't just go around posting other peoples music on YouTube or whatever. It was just a matter of time before it got taken down.
                              Absolutely on-point and objective Ala. Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Ala View Post
                                Does it really matter at this point in there lives if a song gets leaked out. If that was the case then all the live shows on youtube should be taken down then.

Comment

Working...
                                X