unreleased Dio era black Sabbath song "slapback"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sellingmysoul View Post

Does it really matter at this point in there lives if a song gets leaked out. If that was the case then all the live shows on youtube should be taken down then.
    110% agreed brother!
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Does it really matter at this point in there lives if a song gets leaked out. If that was the case then all the live shows on youtube should be taken down then.
      Well, that's not up to you to decide. If TOny and Sabbath doesn't want a certain piece of music to be released, then that's their prerogative.
      you got a killer scene there, man...

http://10000years.bandcamp.com
      http://www.facebook.com/TenThousandyrs
      http://www.facebook.com/DVRSweden

Comment

Originally posted by Ala View Post

Well, that's not up to you to decide. If TOny and Sabbath doesn't want a certain piece of music to be released, then that's their prerogative.
        Your right it's not up to me. But it's not a big deal. Just my opinion.

Comment

Your right it's not up to me. But it's not a big deal. Just my opinion.
          And a good opinion too Sellingmysoul, we’re the fans give us what we want.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
          ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by nolanstolz View Post
            I think saying "discarded" or "didn't make the grade" is a bit misleading because they did use parts of it for "Walk Away." That could be said for other incomplete songs from rehearsals or riffs that were played live that were not really "discarded," but rather reworked and incorporated into a new song.
            The point I was making was that the band clearly felt that "Slapback" wasn't suitable to be included on Heaven and Hell as the recording stood (at that time). Like others have stated, it sounded too much like Elf (rhythmically to my ears), and not for the better.

In this context, I don't think the word discarded is "misleading" at all, to quote you. Frankly, the title alone is lame. While it is cool to hear this today, I'm also glad it didn't make the album.

I agree Nolan that artists recycle elements of songs constantly. However, Walk Away was better arranged for the finished product, even though it's the weakest track on the album.

Comment

I like Slapback more than Walk Away.

Comment

Working...
              X