Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dio saying "Man On The Silver Mountain" during Heaven and Hell Jam on Mob Rules tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dio saying "Man On The Silver Mountain" during Heaven and Hell Jam on Mob Rules tour

So I know he did this in 1982 at Madison Square Garden in NYC as I was at the show and also have a recording of it. Have recently heard a boot of April 10, 1982 where he did the same. Does anyone know of any other time this was done?
    I ask as it seemed as if during his Sabbath days, there was almost never a mention of Rainbow, meanwhile he sang all the Ozzy tunes. As well he should have at the time quite honestly. Later on when they went out as Heaven And Hell, they only did the Dio songs, hence the name change. But never anything other than what was called for. Tony did slip in some riffs of course here and there that didn't really belong. It always bothered me that they allowed Ian Gillan to perform Smoke On The Water and Ronnie never got a mention of any previous work as if he was a newfound vocalist.

Thoughts?

I used to have a bootleg of a German show on the MR Tour and he sang MOTSM during that show as well. He must have done it a few shows. I suppose the reasoning with Dio was to establish him as the Black Sabbath singer, which is why he did a lot of interviews during those years.

With Gillan, I assume the strategy had changed as Sabbath didn't need to establish Gillan, given they'd already changed singers once already.

Plus it was something of a novelty for Sabbath to play a DP song.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbath68 View Post
      I used to have a bootleg of a German show on the MR Tour and he sang MOTSM during that show as well. He must have done it a few shows. I suppose the reasoning with Dio was to establish him as the Black Sabbath singer, which is why he did a lot of interviews during those years.

With Gillan, I assume the strategy had changed as Sabbath didn't need to establish Gillan, given they'd already changed singers once already.

Plus it was something of a novelty for Sabbath to play a DP song.
      I never knew Ronnie sang a Rainbow during his stint in Sabbath.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by mike146 View Post
        So I know he did this in 1982 at Madison Square Garden in NYC as I was at the show and also have a recording of it. Have recently heard a boot of April 10, 1982 where he did the same. Does anyone know of any other time this was done?
        I ask as it seemed as if during his Sabbath days, there was almost never a mention of Rainbow, meanwhile he sang all the Ozzy tunes. As well he should have at the time quite honestly. Later on when they went out as Heaven And Hell, they only did the Dio songs, hence the name change. But never anything other than what was called for. Tony did slip in some riffs of course here and there that didn't really belong. It always bothered me that they allowed Ian Gillan to perform Smoke On The Water and Ronnie never got a mention of any previous work as if he was a newfound vocalist.

Thoughts?
        I always wondered the same, why Sabbath didn't play any Rainbow songs for Ronnie when they did for Ian, that always bothered me.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post

I never knew Ronnie sang a Rainbow during his stint in Sabbath.
          It was really just the chorus from the song.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbath68 View Post

It was really just the chorus from the song.
            Thank you, nice to see old members back.

Comment

Never heard of this. Are any of these bootlegs on the web?
              Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
              Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
              In the age of reason, how do we survive?
              The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Working...
              X